2021 Lineup

24 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

My guess would be either Architects or Idles.

23 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Royal Blood

15 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

The vaccines.

also does anyone know if the coop stocks crates of cider, or just lager? 

I would be happy to have either architects or Royal blood but not sure Royal blood would be available  , be very happy with the vaccines as was gutted I missed them at latitude  

2 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Who do we reckon for the secret set  I'm thinking someone like BMTH or enter shikari?

BMTH did it in 2018 and have a huge tour the month after (which only 1 date has sold out) so not sure whether they’d do another secret set (tbfh they should be headlining but I’ll save that for another time) would love a heavy band like architects. Missed them in Leeds, and recently got into them. Think they’d do a cracking set and would do them some good too to be on a stage like that. I wasn’t into Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes until their secret set and now I’d love to see them again. Gonna be interesting to find out who it is - will we know before the festival where and when? That’s what happened in 2019 but don’t know whether that was a one off or not

6 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Hi guys, going to Leeds for the first time this year (and only for a day) after many years at the Reading site. Is there a 'shuttle bus' that travels between the festival site and a train station at all? Ideally I'd like to train back to Sheffield on Friday night allowing me to have a few drinks and drive back to Cambridge for their game on Saturday however I'm not sure how possible it is.

If needed, I can bite the bullet and drive straight to the festival but I feel I may need a few beers to make it through that KSI set...

You can get through the KSI Set hell I’ll be with you if you want 😂😂 yeah in all seriousness there’s a shuttle that runs in between and a normal bus too. If you want more info lmk and I’ll message you so I don’t blow up the forum 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foolee said:

The vaccine is there to protect people and most should have the 1st dose. Only 20 cases out of 40k at Latitude so safer to be at a festival than most places but we knew that right because it’s outdoors? 

Why are we trying to defend this as okay though.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Defend what, the festival going ahead?

Case rates are falling, the death rate is a fraction of previous waves, the vaccine is doing its job.

The festival will no doubt lead to spread, a huge amount above the norm though? It doesn’t look like it

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It’s not realistic to suggest zero cases and the fact that only 0.05% of people attending the festival had it or caught it there shows that it’s very safe. Not sure what else to expect tbh. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be okay but when we've vaccinated 88.7%/73.0% of the population it's as good as we're going to get.

It'll obviously lead to a small increase in cases but numbers won't be astronomical. If anyone is worried about the effects then no one is forcing them to go and put themselves in the centre of the crowd.

Point is the population is about as well protected from Covid-19 as it ever will be. If festivals don't go ahead now they never will.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, foolee said:

It’s not realistic to suggest zero cases and the fact that only 0.05% of people attending the festival had it or caught it there shows that it’s very safe. Not sure what else to expect tbh. 

20 reported cases in sussex as of like wednesday last week. i know 20 people personally who have it, myself included. 0.05% is bs

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

20 reported cases in sussex as of like wednesday last week. i know 20 people personally who have it, myself included. 0.05% is bs

Aye, its deffo way more than 20. Anecdotally I know a friend of my neice caught it there (based in Sussex), it needs to be more than 400 to be above the expectation, significantly more to suggest a festival is any riskier than going the pub or similar right now, there is nothing to suggest it has done that at the moment

Edited by Benj

Most people will do a LFT before they go in. The entire festival is outside. Cases are decreasing and should be 10,000 or fewer a day by then. Deaths are around 70 a day which is tiny compared to a population of 68 million. Most are vaccinated. It is incredibly safe to go ahead now. People probably need the festival more importantly for their mental health now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darberry said:

Most people will do a LFT before they go in. The entire festival is outside. Cases are decreasing and should be 10,000 or fewer a day by then. Deaths are around 70 a day which is tiny compared to a population of 68 million. Most are vaccinated. It is incredibly safe to go ahead now. People probably need the festival more importantly for their mental health now

Honestly I agree with this. Not having the festival last year was honestly detrimental on my mental health. Plus, festivals like this helps the bands playing more than get back on their feet after a horrific 18+ month for the entire music industry 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TownNation said:

You can get through the KSI Set hell I’ll be with you if you want 😂😂 yeah in all seriousness there’s a shuttle that runs in between and a normal bus too. If you want more info lmk and I’ll message you so I don’t blow up the forum 😂

I’d be up for this knowledge if you could send please 👍

8 hours ago, Benj said:

Defend what, the festival going ahead?

Case rates are falling, the death rate is a fraction of previous waves, the vaccine is doing its job.

The festival will no doubt lead to spread, a huge amount above the norm though? It doesn’t look like it

Defend it only being so many cases as we come up to 80k joint events. 90 cases out of 180k is still 90 cases. It's falling yes but 20k daily isn't good at all, we were raging at that before vaccination. There is no defence over the numbers rates falling, they shouldn't have been where they were and are due to lack of control in earlier stages, but let's forget that previous opinion when it comes to being able to have fun.

8 hours ago, foolee said:

No one said it was but I'm not going to sit here and say it's okay anymore that delayed announcements and decisions were before. 

8 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be okay but when we've vaccinated 88.7%/73.0% of the population it's as good as we're going to get.

It'll obviously lead to a small increase in cases but numbers won't be astronomical. If anyone is worried about the effects then no one is forcing them to go and put themselves in the centre of the crowd.

Point is the population is about as well protected from Covid-19 as it ever will be. If festivals don't go ahead now they never will.

Yup you are right. People entering with a LFT result is as good as it gets. Shit people are quick to forget everything they wanted from Boris when it matters to their festival entry.

The standard of double standard on this board now if crazy. People are basically saying it's okay and accepting a route into an event that is 50% proof at the same time as there is also an option at the level of as covered as you could be. For greed and because they know the right people over others that have been canned and struggled.

I have never changed my view from the start regardless but how quickly heads turn.

6 hours ago, Brandohoff said:

Don’t go then

Great response to someone speaking truth rather than changing their views to double standard bollocks because suddenly they can attend an event. All the fake shit the past however many months from people on here giving Boris earache and it's all suddenly forgotten just like that. Shouldn't actually be surprised though given that some people actually said it's okay and not a big deal for young people to catch covid given it's far less likely. Yet the last 4/5 people I know to catch it are 21 and under and two of them are quite unwell. 

Could anyone possibly give me any info on what's it like going to the festival by themselves?

I've recently just come out of a 4 year relationship and am kind of considering going by myself if i can't get one of my mates to go but I don't know yet. 

I would be travelling over from Ireland and I've never even been to a pub by myself before let alone a festival or a holiday!

I've been going to Leeds for what would be 10 years now this year and I absolutely adore it and it's the thing I've been looking forward to the most after all this covid stuff but I'm a bit unsure of what to do😬 Could anyone offer any advice if possible please guys? Thank you 😊

7 hours ago, Rhcp1 said:

Could anyone possibly give me any info on what's it like going to the festival by themselves?

I've recently just come out of a 4 year relationship and am kind of considering going by myself if i can't get one of my mates to go but I don't know yet. 

I would be travelling over from Ireland and I've never even been to a pub by myself before let alone a festival or a holiday!

I've been going to Leeds for what would be 10 years now this year and I absolutely adore it and it's the thing I've been looking forward to the most after all this covid stuff but I'm a bit unsure of what to do😬 Could anyone offer any advice if possible please guys? Thank you 😊

There's a solo campers page on Facebook which has always looked very handy for people in similar situations and by the looks of it has resulted in many long term friendships. Personally, I've done a few on my own in a little two man tent and had great joy in it. Granted I only really go to festivals for the music, it allows me to go and see exactly who I want and have much more freedom however it's also very easy to make friends in a crowd/ groups nearby where you're camping.

Sadly I'm not there for the whole weekend this year or I'd offer you to join but if you're looking for some company on the Friday, shoot me a PM and I'd be more than happy to catch up 🙂

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rhcp1 said:

I’m in exactly the same position! I’d bought tickets to go with my ex after going to reading every year with her since 2015, I’d asked a mate to come along but he can’t get it off work so it looks like I’m going alone! 
Have people been alone and recommend it? I know nobody will notice who’s alone in a crowd of thousands of people but I feel really nervous even thinking about it!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I’m in exactly the same position! I’d bought tickets to go with my ex after going to reading every year with her since 2015, I’d asked a mate to come along but he can’t get it off work so it looks like I’m going alone! 
Have people been alone and recommend it? I know nobody will notice who’s alone in a crowd of thousands of people but I feel really nervous even thinking about it!

I go to tonnes of gigs alone (probably about 40% of mine are, so like 20 a year), and went to the APE BMTH day alone. It's great being able to see who you want, stand where you want and take breaks when you want instead of compromising with other people. Literally no one cares if you're on your own, and I sometimes get chatting to random people especially if its a small stage/venue. Granted I haven't camped on my own, but I'm sure you can find people on Facebook groups to make friends with to camp. Hell, you two can make friends right now and camp together 😛