2021 Lineup

Just now, gfa said:

Well theres like 10k+ people at each gate queuing. If you want no queue maybe like 3-4pm. To get a good spot i'd say aim for around midday. Not sure when they opened in 2019 but green opened around 1 in 2018 i think.

Perfect, cheers

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Well theres like 10k+ people at each gate queuing. If you want no queue maybe like 3-4pm. To get a good spot i'd say aim for around midday. Not sure when they opened in 2019 but green opened around 1 in 2018 i think.

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

On that note, how early do gates tend to open on the Wednesday. Website says 6 but since it's always early I'm hoping to time it right.

Also depends on where you want to camp, haven’t camped in a fair few years but always managed to get a spot in purple camp arriving from white parking late afternoon on the Wednesday. It’s early entry as well so not every camper comes on Wednesday but it’s hell arriving on the Thursday as it looks like no space left most of the time. I’m talking Reading btw. 

Every year i’ve been i’ve not turned up till around 6pm thursday through white entrance and ended up in the final 20 metres of tents in white before the limit of campsites altogether. My coach gets in at around 4pm wednesday this time and will be going in the main entrance so will be very interested to see where i end up 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

In 2018 we turned up at Leeds at 10am for early bird and they let us in, first people in the campsite which was surreal, literally had the field to ourselves

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Every year i’ve been i’ve not turned up till around 6pm thursday through white entrance and ended up in the final 20 metres of tents in white before the limit of campsites altogether. My coach gets in at around 4pm wednesday this time and will be going in the main entrance so will be very interested to see where i end up 

If you get there anytime on the Wednesday you'll get wherever you like. 

5 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Looks a standard size, be interesting to see where they place the second main stage

Definitely looked standard to me. My money would be on where the guest bar usually is below

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

In isolation atm or i'd rock up at Reading's site and have a look. Finished on Friday then heading to the station on Saturday so might have a little look then.

It’s hard to get a decent view at Bramham so you might be better at Reading. It’s only really when the Leeds main stages are fully built that you can see them over the tree line. They were still working on them at 18:30 tonight. Early days yet!

D0B17B6D-6713-4FE9-B618-4B6690365138.jpeg

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Jeez, I remember the good ol days when we used to rock up about 11am on the Friday and pitch up a 4-5 min walk from the arena

That all seemed to end in 04, when we struggled to find anywhere but managed to pitch a single tent about 10 mins away. 

not camped since!

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Which ones that; was making my playlist earlier and the only big outlier seemed to be The Bonny i think it was?

Where we're going. But that's just my view. Was tempted by a Leeds Friday ticket although all gone now. But without that song I don't see Gerry worth it really. Biffy obviously although I've seen them time and time again and their best output has far past peaked. Liam twice as well.

I'd have been tempted by Biffy in Scotland but I'm busy that weekend and it's turned into a proper hectic one today too. I'm going to need to stay awake majorly.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Where we're going. But that's just my view. Was tempted by a Leeds Friday ticket although all gone now. But without that song I don't see Gerry worth it really. Biffy obviously although I've seen them time and time again and their best output has far past peaked. Liam twice as well.

I'd have been tempted by Biffy in Scotland but I'm busy that weekend and it's turned into a proper hectic one today too. I'm going to need to stay awake majorly.

I’ve you changed your mind on the festival actually taking place now?

12 minutes ago, Benj said:

Jeez, I remember the good ol days when we used to rock up about 11am on the Friday and pitch up a 4-5 min walk from the arena

That all seemed to end in 04, when we struggled to find anywhere but managed to pitch a single tent about 10 mins away. 

not camped since!

2019 was by far the worst that i’ve seen. 2017 and 2018 there was still spaces all over white to slot in, 2019 we were the very last row of tents from the arena all the way in white. a good 30 minute walk from the arena. considering how hot it was that weekend too it was absolute hell

1 hour ago, Benj said:

I’ve you changed your mind on the festival actually taking place now?

For me it's more that people should be fully vaccinated. It's quite clear it'll go ahead now given they're only asking for LFT's. The amount of cases confirmed from this are going to be stupid though.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

2019 was by far the worst that i’ve seen. 2017 and 2018 there was still spaces all over white to slot in, 2019 we were the very last row of tents from the arena all the way in white. a good 30 minute walk from the arena. considering how hot it was that weekend too it was absolute hell

First time in 2019, showed up Thursday afternoon since exam results were that morning and we found a spot about halfway along white big enough for 4 or 5 tents, felt like a pretty lucky spot to find since the rest was completely packed. Hoping to get around the orange/purple border this year

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

For me it's more that people should be fully vaccinated. It's quite clear it'll go ahead now given they're only asking for LFT's. The amount of cases confirmed from this are going to be stupid though.

Has there been crazy figures from latitude/tramlines? 

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Has there been crazy figures from latitude/tramlines? 

I don’t think there has been a thing official released as yet. 

They reckon 3-400 would be expected as that was the going rate nationwide at the time for the number of people at Lattitude

Anything below that and it’s safer to be at a festival with the sage guards they had there than out in the wild!

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The vaccine is there to protect people and most should have the 1st dose. Only 20 cases out of 40k at Latitude so safer to be at a festival than most places but we knew that right because it’s outdoors? 

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, going to Leeds for the first time this year (and only for a day) after many years at the Reading site. Is there a 'shuttle bus' that travels between the festival site and a train station at all? Ideally I'd like to train back to Sheffield on Friday night allowing me to have a few drinks and drive back to Cambridge for their game on Saturday however I'm not sure how possible it is.

If needed, I can bite the bullet and drive straight to the festival but I feel I may need a few beers to make it through that KSI set...

7 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Hi guys, going to Leeds for the first time this year (and only for a day) after many years at the Reading site. Is there a 'shuttle bus' that travels between the festival site and a train station at all? Ideally I'd like to train back to Sheffield on Friday night allowing me to have a few drinks and drive back to Cambridge for their game on Saturday however I'm not sure how possible it is.

If needed, I can bite the bullet and drive straight to the festival but I feel I may need a few beers to make it through that KSI set...

There is mate, we got the shuttle bus there for the first time last year, pretty good really, plenty of buses. Think you get picked up behind guest/yellow camping but not 100% sure.

Info: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/leeds/tickets/leeds-festival-shuttle/buy-tickets

Timetable: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/uploads/node_images/leeds/FTS Leeds Festival 2021 Timetable.pdf

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

There is mate, we got the shuttle bus there for the first time last year, pretty good really, plenty of buses. Think you get picked up behind guest/yellow camping but not 100% sure.

Info: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/leeds/tickets/leeds-festival-shuttle/buy-tickets

Timetable: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/uploads/node_images/leeds/FTS Leeds Festival 2021 Timetable.pdf

Perfect, big thanks for that! Nice to see that it runs fairly late as well so I may be able to enjoy some of the post headliner bits and not be rushing straight there