2021 Lineup

I’ve definitely left it a bit late this year and will have to post about 4 clashes a day if people are interested but with no games going on atm shall i start up a bracket tournament of this years lineup? I know we had the +/- game but usually quite fun to see if the same act wins both (plus the lineup has changed a bit since that).

Would take us up to the fest nicely and i don’t mind running it as a little bit of fun. Give this a reply or a react or something and if enough people are up for it i’ll get a bracket made and start it later 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Can anyone remember what days/times the silent disco is open at Reading? And for the Thursday what time do people get down there to avoid the queues? Also, doesn't the alternative stage have late night entertainment at R&L?

Its till 2am each night Thurs-Sun (maybe earlier Sunday?) - if you mean silent disco queues either leave headliner early or be incredibly quick and you shouldn’t wait too long. Reading only has the silent disco, Leeds may have alternative stuff + also piccadilly etc. Thursday if you mean silent arena i’d get there when it opens, if you mean the main festival not too sure. I guess later the better. GCSE and A Level result day are 12 and 10th august respectively for some reason also which is something to note

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Its till 2am each night Thurs-Sun (maybe earlier Sunday?) - if you mean silent disco queues either leave headliner early or be incredibly quick and you shouldn’t wait too long. Reading only has the silent disco, Leeds may have alternative stuff + also piccadilly etc. Thursday if you mean silent arena i’d get there when it opens, if you mean the main festival not too sure. I guess later the better. GCSE and A Level result day are 12 and 10th august respectively for some reason also which is something to note

Cheers! Thursday was just about the silent disco as I've got early entry and I know it gets really busy at Reading as there aren't many other options but never been for opening time so wasn't sure if you needed to get into a queue a little earlier than the silent disco opening time to ensure you get in. I thought Reading used to have DJ sets on the alternative stage but I've obviously just made that up, haha. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Cheers! Thursday was just about the silent disco as I've got early entry and I know it gets really busy at Reading as there aren't many other options but never been for opening time so wasn't sure if you needed to get into a queue a little earlier than the silent disco opening time to ensure you get in. I thought Reading used to have DJ sets on the alternative stage but I've obviously just made that up, haha. 

Actually seems they do based on this clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/read2019. Pretty sure its open as a third silent disco on thursday night too to try and reduce the stress on the other two.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Actually seems they do based on this clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/read2019. Pretty sure its open as a third silent disco on thursday night too to try and reduce the stress on the other two.

It is indeed. Gets very packed very quickly on the thursday though, more so than the others it seems

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

It is indeed. Gets very packed very quickly on the thursday though, more so than the others it seems

I usually just head to the orange one - not gonna lie every night i've had to queue half an hour to get in. Luckily don't like Stormzy or Post Malone which should help alot with that

With Biffy being announced for the Friday at Leeds ive managed to get a resale ticket on ticketmaster, looking forward to that!

Has anyone else noticed the Reading and Leeds shaped gap in Twin Atlantics tour? Ive got tickets to the Leeds gig the day before Leeds fest starts so im guessing they could be doing a secret set.

Does anyone else feel Friday at leeds is over packed. Leading to a feeling of mediocrity for the rest of the weekend, struggling to get pumped for Saturday Sunday atm. 

also gutted girl in red is going to clash with biffy or LG. 

kennyhoopla only person making me want to stay until the Sunday right now 

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

Does anyone else feel Friday at leeds is over packed. Leading to a feeling of mediocrity for the rest of the weekend, struggling to get pumped for Saturday Sunday atm. 

also gutted girl in red is going to clash with biffy or LG. 

kennyhoopla only person making me want to stay until the Sunday right now 

Plenty across the weekend to keep me happy but that Friday is definitely the best of the days, great start to the weekend, best to start off strong as it'll be our first day back in the arena after a long miserable time

Met Office long range forecast, no idea how accurate but interesting haha - 

Sunday 15 Aug - Sunday 29 Aug
Whilst there are current signals of a drier and warmer than average period from the middle of August, occasional spells of more unsettled weather, primarily in the northwest, remains possible. Accompanying this is a low risk of short-lived thundery spells, these mainly in southeastern parts. Confidence through this period remains low at present. However, most should see dry and fine weather. Above average temperatures continue to be indicated through the remainder of August, with possibly even very warm conditions at times in southern areas.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:20 PM, gfa said:

Reading only has the silent disco wow. So no Piccadilly or campsite DJ set type things?  that's like like half of the reason I go to Leeds for the nightlife stuff 😄.

4 hours ago, KBT said:

Reading only has the silent disco wow. So no Piccadilly or campsite DJ set type things?  that's like like half of the reason I go to Leeds for the nightlife stuff 😄.

Its literally in the town centre, they just couldn’t do it because its so close to houses

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I find it strange that Gerry Cinnamon doesn't even sing his best song on tour.

Which ones that; was making my playlist earlier and the only big outlier seemed to be The Bonny i think it was?

8 hours ago, KBT said:

Some of us need a good night sleep.

On that note, which is the best entrance for brown campsite? 

4 hours ago, thetime said:

Some of us need a good night sleep.

On that note, which is the best entrance for brown campsite? 

If your going to be sitting in the queue on Wednesday at midday, probably white - the walk is slightly longer to most of brown but queue will be shorter. If your coming from town centre, green. If your rocking up later and can pick any entrance, green. White has the car park so if your parking go there as well. If the map changes significantly disregard this but i reckon it should be basically the same

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

If your going to be sitting in the queue on Wednesday at midday, probably white - the walk is slightly longer to most of brown but queue will be shorter. If your coming from town centre, green. If your rocking up later and can pick any entrance, green. White has the car park so if your parking go there as well. If the map changes significantly disregard this but i reckon it should be basically the same

On that note, how early do gates tend to open on the Wednesday. Website says 6 but since it's always early I'm hoping to time it right.

Just now, Quorn said:

On that note, how early do gates tend to open on the Wednesday. Website says 6 but since it's always early I'm hoping to time it right.

Well theres like 10k+ people at each gate queuing. If you want no queue maybe like 3-4pm. To get a good spot i'd say aim for around midday. Not sure when they opened in 2019 but green opened around 1 in 2018 i think.