2021 Lineup

Now that Queens are gone, I'm quite disappointed with these headliners. Not really too excited to see any of them. I remember 2019 when I was excited for all 4 and they were all really worthy headliners. I hate Stormzy, Disclosure are okay but mainly boring. CATB aren't big enough to headline and the songs sound the same. Seen Post Malone last festival and he has barely any new material. Biffy are good but not a fraction of the headliner that Foos were. Most looking forward to seeing LG but he only has 2 solo albums and a shit backing band. Would be much better with Oasis

23 minutes ago, Darberry said:

Now that Queens are gone, I'm quite disappointed with these headliners. Not really too excited to see any of them. I remember 2019 when I was excited for all 4 and they were all really worthy headliners. I hate Stormzy, Disclosure are okay but mainly boring. CATB aren't big enough to headline and the songs sound the same. Seen Post Malone last festival and he has barely any new material. Biffy are good but not a fraction of the headliner that Foos were. Most looking forward to seeing LG but he only has 2 solo albums and a shit backing band. Would be much better with Oasis

Fairs on most points except the Post Malone one, he released Hollywood’s Bleeding (his last album) a week after reading and only played 3 songs from it out of 17 on the album in his 18 song setlist last time, and he’s released 2 other songs since so has a fair bit of different material to choose from! (Also missed out on playing a good amount of what ended up being popular songs on that album)

1 hour ago, Darberry said:

Biffy are good but not a fraction of the headliner that Foos were.

I really wish Biffy would drag out The Captain for 12 minutes like Foo Fighters did with The Pretender. Maybe they’ll bring out Bungle too to do a cover of the Rainbow theme song. That’s what the people want to see in a headline band. Imagine if they played 3 more of their own songs in the time they spent doing that? No thank you. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I really wish Biffy would drag out The Captain for 12 minutes like Foo Fighters did with The Pretender. Maybe they’ll bring out Bungle too to do a cover of the Rainbow theme song. That’s what the people want to see in a headline band. Imagine if they played 3 more of their own songs in the time they spent doing that? No thank you. 

We got a winner!

Biffy on the mainstage will be amazing, haven't been able to see them live as many times as i would of hoped to by now but seeing them at my favourite festival in the world will make up for that. In regards to how they've gone down, i've seen a fair few negative comments but I believe the twitter brigade were more against RATM. One of the best parts about music festivals though is discovering new artists, so hopefully Biffy end up with a few new fans down in the pits.

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Biffy on the mainstage will be amazing, haven't been able to see them live as many times as i would of hoped to by now but seeing them at my favourite festival in the world will make up for that. In regards to how they've gone down, i've seen a fair few negative comments but I believe the twitter brigade were more against RATM. One of the best parts about music festivals though is discovering new artists, so hopefully Biffy end up with a few new fans down in the pits.

There’s a slim hope within me that they bring out Jaggy Snake for the thousands of Gerry & Liam fans in attendance. That would be something. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There’s a slim hope within me that they bring out Jaggy Snake for the thousands of Gerry & Liam fans in attendance. That would be something. 

Slotting Biffy between two bucket hat legends is a weird choice, especially now that the stages are side by side, would love to see some of their reactions to Biffy's backlog but i'm also concerned that it's going to ruin the atmosphere slightly.

5 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

They’ll probably all still be there just complaining all the way through the set! This is the worst thing about two main stages, if you don’t like the headliners you’re pretty screwed, at least when we had the R1 stage there was a bit of choice. Luckily I’m happy to see all six headliners

Yup, until Biffy was announced, I was slightly interested in any of the 6 headliners, Radio 1 has offered many a decent alternative in recent years, this year, looks like even the Pit/ FR etc... may finish before it leaving you with zero option if you're not into dance/ rap

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

...also hope they butcher one of their best songs by doing a much slowed down, crappy acoustic version of it, with Simon just chatting cliched balls instead of just playing the fucking song

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darberry said:

. Would be much better with Oasis

Who knows, Oasis reunion anyone?

but on the point of Foo Fighters, I absolutely loved them, it was the first time my Mum was at the festival for 7 years just for them, and me, her and my dad had such a brilliant time watching a band who I’ve dreamed of seeing since Ive been listening to music and is both my parents fav band. In the moment there set was perfect, looking back it did drag in some places.

However, I don’t think they were anywhere near how good Biffy will be or were

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Who knows, Oasis reunion anyone?

but on the point of Foo Fighters, I absolutely loved them, it was the first time my Mum was at the festival for 7 years just for them, and me, her and my dad had such a brilliant time watching a band who I’ve dreamed of seeing since Ive been listening to music and is both my parents fav band. In the moment there set was perfect, looking back it did drag in some places.

However, I don’t think they were anywhere near how good Biffy will be or were

Foo Fighters got a lot of stick for their 2019 performance but it was genuinely the best headline performance I’ve seen at R&L.

I saw them at the London Stadium a year earlier and they did what everyone usually says and played a 10 minute instrumental at every opportunity, didn’t even play Times Like These. But their R&L set was perfect. Heard a lot of people say Violet Grohl butchered My Hero but I’ll remember that performance forever, peak Leeds for me and it’ll never be beaten.

4 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Slotting Biffy between two bucket hat legends is a weird choice, especially now that the stages are side by side, would love to see some of their reactions to Biffy's backlog but i'm also concerned that it's going to ruin the atmosphere slightly.

Biffy Clyro are propped up by the Radio X listening mainstream rock fans who also listen to Liam Gallagher and Gerry Cinnamon. I'm sure plenty will be happy to see all three.

57 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy Clyro are propped up by the Radio X listening mainstream rock fans who also listen to Liam Gallagher and Gerry Cinnamon. I'm sure plenty will be happy to see all three.

I'm thinking more of the lads on twitter with lemons in their bio who slated Biffy when they were announced, i'm sure the majority of the crowd will be loving it because they're a great band but the dark fruits crowd don't have the best reputation

Foo Fighters 2019 was a fucking class set fellas. Played bangers from all their albums and it's nice when they change up their songs by extending them or playing acoustic. It's better than playing songs that sound exactly like the studio version. The guys are in their 50's yet still play with so much energy and passion. Also, Rick Astley was a great guest and that song is a banger, even if it has been memed to death. Great guys keeping rock alive with their crashing guitars and vocals, even playing an amazing AC/DC song

5 minutes ago, Darberry said:

Foo Fighters 2019 was a fucking class set fellas. Played bangers from all their albums and it's nice when they change up their songs by extending them or playing acoustic. It's better than playing songs that sound exactly like the studio version. The guys are in their 50's yet still play with so much energy and passion. Also, Rick Astley was a great guest and that song is a banger, even if it has been memed to death. Great guys keeping rock alive with their crashing guitars and vocals, even playing an amazing AC/DC song

Dont want to sound like an arl boomer but if you enjoyed that you should've seen them in 2002 or indeed 2012 (or 98 or 2005), miles better, although maybe Im just jaded by it all now!

Good to know the young uns are still loving them!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm thinking more of the lads on twitter with lemons in their bio who slated Biffy when they were announced, i'm sure the majority of the crowd will be loving it because they're a great band but the dark fruits crowd don't have the best reputation

They deffo cross over a fair bit, my dark fruits mate loves them too

6 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I think a rock act being announced that is much older vs a replacement act for a rock act is quite different - nobody was expecting for biffy to be replaced with Dave or someone. RATM announcement was a potential headliner someone may like, whereas the qotsa replacement wasn't losing anything if you didn't originally like qotsa if you get what i mean.

11 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Do we think we are getting the app release this week? 

“Stay tuned for some exciting news next week, app release and plenty more news.”

This is what the email said last week but we have seen no news apart from the new names. 

the app won't have the schedule till the week of the festival or maybe end of the week before, it will just have the f&qs copied over from the website and maybe the festival map a bit closer to the festival. its not nearly as exciting as they are trying to make it out to be

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

the app won't have the schedule till the week of the festival or maybe end of the week before, it will just have the f&qs copied over from the website and maybe the festival map a bit closer to the festival. its not nearly as exciting as they are trying to make it out to be

I just want to see the map at the moment mate, I think its going to look quite empty with FR/Pit/Lockup merging and R1 leaving the site this year

Edited by nathanh

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

I just want to see the map at the moment mate, I think its going to look quite empty with FR/Pit/Lockup merging and R1 leaving the site this year

fair enough

---

anyone got 2 saturday tickets going as well? housemates r after some to join the rest of us for a day in the weekend.

51 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I like the placement of the main stages in this 

I would prefer the main stages next to each other since it’s clashless but I feel sorry for the Introducing stage which is gonna be in the way with people going backwards and forwards between main stages.