2021 Lineup

6 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Now the line up seems pretty much sorted, what's the one song everyone is looking forward to and why? Sadly this year the lineup isn't completely for me so I'll only be there for the Leeds Friday with my one song being 'married with children' if Liam actually plays it; would be a lovely ode to my late dad who always enjoyed the pettiness of that tune!

2 in particular are sticking out to me: Holiday by KSI and Bite Back by FEVER 333.

I’ve had the privilege of seeing both these acts in concert before (KSI once, FEVER 333 twice) but KSI hasn’t half changed since 2019 when I last saw him. With his recent #1 album too, it’s going to be such a good set - with the likes of Yungblud, Nathan Dawe and the producer S-X all playing on the same day and having collaborated with KSI for songs, I could see some things happening there 👀

and with FEVER 333, they are one of the best live bands I’ve ever witnessed in my life and I am so, SO excited to see them once (well technically, twice) again! 

these 2 artists honestly make the lineup for me - and of course Biffy is a nice welcome addition. So definitely looking forward to it! 

8 minutes ago, TownNation said:

2 in particular are sticking out to me: Holiday by KSI and Bite Back by FEVER 333.

I’ve had the privilege of seeing both these acts in concert before (KSI once, FEVER 333 twice) but KSI hasn’t half changed since 2019 when I last saw him. With his recent #1 album too, it’s going to be such a good set - with the likes of Yungblud, Nathan Dawe and the producer S-X all playing on the same day and having collaborated with KSI for songs, I could see some things happening there 👀

and with FEVER 333, they are one of the best live bands I’ve ever witnessed in my life and I am so, SO excited to see them once (well technically, twice) again! 

these 2 artists honestly make the lineup for me - and of course Biffy is a nice welcome addition. So definitely looking forward to it! 

I'm really intrigued by KSI's set, definitely going to go along purely out of interest

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Now the line up seems pretty much sorted, what's the one song everyone is looking forward to and why? Sadly this year the lineup isn't completely for me so I'll only be there for the Leeds Friday with my one song being 'married with children' if Liam actually plays it; would be a lovely ode to my late dad who always enjoyed the pettiness of that tune!

I've been waiting a long time to see Inhaler so most likely something by them, My Honest Face from what i've seen sounds great live and with the crowd they'll pull it should be a belter.

22 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I've been waiting a long time to see Inhaler so most likely something by them, My Honest Face from what i've seen sounds great live and with the crowd they'll pull it should be a belter.

Pretty good that.

22 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

A must see! I managed to catch them in a Cambridge pub a few years ago and my honest face was certainly the standout! Sadly I won't be there for their set but I'm sure it'll be a great one  

16 minutes ago, Dukey said:

On Main Stage West, Leeds Saturday & Sunday there are only 6 acts vs 7 on MSW on the Friday and 7 acts on MSE all 3 days - could we see a couple of special guests on MSW? 

Good spot mate!! Potentially something to watch out for. Unless it’s to do with timings / no clashes which could also be a possibility

23 minutes ago, Dukey said:

On Main Stage West, Leeds Saturday & Sunday there are only 6 acts vs 7 on MSW on the Friday and 7 acts on MSE all 3 days - could we see a couple of special guests on MSW? 

That’s to make up for Nothing But Thieves extended opening set, isn’t it? 

8 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Black Lungs - Architects 😉

Nah either Rock n Roll Star or Be My End By Creeper, can’t pick just one

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That’s to make up for Nothing But Thieves extended opening set, isn’t it? 

The previous poster had NBT on MSE, after the last announcement they were moved to MSW but that means they wouldn't be the first band playing. So either there's a secret set or NBT are not main stage openers anymore (and possibly playing later in the afternoon).

Edited by Newjem

I’m not expecting it at all for a moment but Travis Barker tweeted a few weeks ago ‘I might fly again’. Imagine if he came over to the UK with Machine Gun Kelly. That’d be something special. Not happening but it’s a nice fantasy. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m not expecting it at all for a moment but Travis Barker tweeted a few weeks ago ‘I might fly again’. Imagine if he came over to the UK with Machine Gun Kelly. That’d be something special. Not happening but it’s a nice fantasy. 

I would want a UK Transplants tour. I’m still bummed out when they pulled out of Reading.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Let’s Dance to Joy Division by The Wombats for me. The band I’ve seen live the most and that song always goes off live. Something Good Can Work by Two Door a solid second, perfect summer song. 

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Been thinking of the Top 10 acts I’m most looking forward to seeing: 

1. Machine Gun Kelly 

2. Biffy Clyro 

3. Creeper 

4. Spiritbox 

5. City Morgue 

6. KennyHoopla 

7. Slowthai 

8. Liam Gallagher 

9. KSI 

10. jxdn 

12 months ago I’d never really listened to Spiritbox, City Morgue or KennyHoopla, same goes for Demob Happy, The Struts, Cleopatrick - now they’re part of my regular playlists.

After being starved of live music for 18 months to even have a full lineup and to be able to discover new music from it is a blessing. Roll on bank holiday weekend

5 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

As much as I do love their newer stuff (and in particular their second album) when Wolf Alice played giant peach THAT riff went offfff. Very excited to hear it again in a few weeks. 

Oh yh Giant Peach is a fucking monster

2 minutes ago, jimbo1972 said:

Sorry i know this question will have been asked but wouldn’t be able to find it in 391 pages 😂

As there are two headliners each night and i’ve heard there are no clashes does this mean that both headliners will be on at different times? cheers

Yes. Zero clashes with any main stage acts. 

20 minutes ago, jimbo1972 said:

As there are two headliners each night and i’ve heard there are no clashes does this mean that both headliners will be on at different times? cheers

Yes mate, zero clashes across the main stages! Likely to be Main stage West first and then Main Stage East closing the main stage every night.  

Have we really gained much by there being two main stages?

There’s only 6 or 7 bands on each stage instead of 9 or 10 on the main stage in previous years and we’ve lost the Radio 1 stage that typically had 10 or 11 bands per day.

Also, admittedly we get 6 headliners instead of 3 but  the 6 ‘headliners’ are in general smaller than the headliners we normally get, they’re mostly bands who would be co-headliners at best.

18 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Have we really gained much by there being two main stages?

There’s only 6 or 7 bands on each stage instead of 9 or 10 on the main stage in previous years and we’ve lost the Radio 1 stage that typically had 10 or 11 bands per day.

Also, admittedly we get 6 headliners instead of 3 but  the 6 ‘headliners’ are in general smaller than the headliners we normally get, they’re mostly bands who would be co-headliners at best.

Its a loss in my opinion, the R1 usually has a lot of great acts on between about 2-7pm before the big acts on main stage and fits them very well. A lot of main stage acts early on with this new format are going to be pretty empty I reckon

• Upvote 2