2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Didn't even think about that, i assume all of the headliners and their touring parties will be playing it safe but i wonder what FR will do if they lose one of their headliners right before the festival

They will definitely have a backup (probably two infact - one for post malone, disclosure and stormzy then another for biffy lg and catfish i reckon to cover genres better). Would be interesting if a headliner gets covid after playing one site then they have to call in a replacement for the other site.

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Didn't even think about that, i assume all of the headliners and their touring parties will be playing it safe but i wonder what FR will do if they lose one of their headliners right before the festival

image.png.ff9f74c5c63ec37ab7fc446e58ab2bac.png

"Bell that alex turner again lad"

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

All eyes on which acts get covid or come in to contact with someone who does in the week leading up to the festival now. Will definitely see a few drop outs from that

That is a given one would imagine, Latitude suffered with a few acts pulling out. Unsure on tramlines as I did not keep an eye out for that one.

Risk bookers and punters are taking this year.

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Feels like Royal Blood would've been a better replacement for QOTSA, considering the Josh Homme connection and some of their music sounding fairly similar to some Queens stuff. I imagine it’s because they’re nailed on for 2022 and I’m biased as I far prefer them to Biffy but

They are playing gigs on all of the days of this years festival but yeah I agree they are quite likely for 2022. 

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

All eyes on which acts get covid or come in to contact with someone who does in the week leading up to the festival now. Will definitely see a few drop outs from that

Latitude had around 10 acts pull out, 4 from the main stages and 6 from the smaller ones. They were almost all replaced within 2 hours of the cancellation and as both fests are run by FR Im sure it'll be the same sort of thing, although I suppose R+L has a bigger risk as they have more international acts 

4 hours ago, heartsink said:

Regarding the clash finder do you honestly think there is just five minute gap between bands? Seems a bit strange to me as they will almost certainly loose a lot of sales at the bar if that is to be the case (I understand that they need to fit everyone in) I think what you’ll see is more shorter sets than what you have given higher up and maybe even the headliners only doing an hour to an hour fifteen leaving the gaps to be around 10-15 mins 

squeezing a trip to the toilet and bar in five minutes doesn’t seem to appealing especially for the day ticket holders and just means your going to miss out on some top bands you wanted to see

So we've gone from complaining about clashes to complaining about the lack of time when nothing is on! 🙂 IME the kind of people who rush between stages so that they never miss a song are not the type to be going to the bar anyway.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Wargasm at the DL Pilot was the worst set I’ve ever seen at a festival. An utter shambles from start to finish. The slots they are getting baffled me but it doesn’t take too much digging to find out that they’ve got their fingers in the right pies to be getting those slots. 

Aye they were pretty bad. It's the 2020s rock/metal version of the Stock Aitken and Waterman hit factory with bands contrived and manufactured rather than evolved. I'm surprised you are complaining. I see BMTH as pretty much the same thing and yet you love them. They were similarly terrible live. Now they just pretend. Maybe Wargasm will go that way too. I too will be giving them a 2nd chance at Bloodstock and I hope they are ok as they are one of the few bands I have down to watch at Leeds. 

18 minutes ago, devilman said:

So we've gone from complaining about clashes to complaining about the lack of time when nothing is on! 🙂 IME the kind of people who rush between stages so that they never miss a song are not the type to be going to the bar anyway.

Aye they were pretty bad. It's the 2020s rock/metal version of the Stock Aitken and Waterman hit factory with bands contrived and manufactured rather than evolved. I'm surprised you are complaining. I see BMTH as pretty much the same thing and yet you love them. They were similarly terrible live. Now they just pretend. Maybe Wargasm will go that way too. I too will be giving them a 2nd chance at Bloodstock and I hope they are ok as they are one of the few bands I have down to watch at Leeds. 

The difference is that I saw Wargasm be that dire with my own eyes. I’ve heard about BMTH in the early days but I wasn’t there for it, it was before I was going to gigs / into their music. I saw Wargasm in the flesh and it was beyond amateur stuff. I’ve honestly seen Year 10s at work perform with more precision than they did. It wasn’t At The Drive in chaotic, it was ‘Oh my god, they actually can’t play together live’ chaotic. 

Them being above Conjurer (this will be the case again at BOA) and especially Bleed From Within was really sus and they didn’t do anything at all to rise to the occasion. If they turn up at Bloodstock and repeat what I saw at the Pilot, they’re going to get crucified. I’ll be giving them a second chance at Leeds for sure but they’ve got to improve or they aren’t going to be around for very long and will go the way of the fellas last band, Dead! (who also happened to be an ‘industry plant’, for lack of a better phrase). 

Edited by Andre91

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The difference is that I saw Wargasm be that dire with my own eyes. I’ve heard about BMTH in the early days but I wasn’t there for it, it was before I was going to gigs / into their music. I saw Wargasm in the flesh and it was beyond amateur stuff. I’ve honestly seen Year 10s at work perform with more precision than they did. It wasn’t At The Drive in chaotic, it was ‘Oh my god, they actually can’t play together live’ chaotic. 

Them being above Conjurer (this will be the case again at BOA) and especially Bleed From Within was really sus and they didn’t do anything at all to rise to the occasion. If they turn up at Bloodstock and repeat what I saw at the Pilot, they’re going to get crucified. I’ll be giving them a second chance at Leeds for sure but they’ve got to improve or they aren’t going to be around for very long and will go the way of the fellas last band, Dead! (who also happened to be an ‘industry plant’, for lack of a better phrase). 

I’m going to Bloodstock, so I’ll let you know how they go down.

I quite like Wargasm, I quite enjoyed the Download set too, in a really “this is a fucking mess” kind of way, although they absolutely aren’t ready for “proper” main stage slots at all, like at Bloodstock. You’re spot on, they’ll get crucified if they play like they did at Download. 

They’ve got good connections I guess though, thus why they’ve got a really decent slot at Bloodstock. 

11 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

I’m going to Bloodstock, so I’ll let you know how they go down.

I quite like Wargasm, I quite enjoyed the Download set too, in a really “this is a fucking mess” kind of way, although they absolutely aren’t ready for “proper” main stage slots at all, like at Bloodstock. You’re spot on, they’ll get crucified if they play like they did at Download. 

They’ve got good connections I guess though, thus why they’ve got a really decent slot at Bloodstock. 

I was supposed to be going to the Saturday of Bloodstock but I can no longer attend. Gutted because that day has shaped up brilliantly. Malevolence are going to smash their slot. 

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I was supposed to be going to the Saturday of Bloodstock but I can no longer attend. Gutted because that day has shaped up brilliantly. Malevolence are going to smash their slot. 

Yeah. Quite liked Malevolence at Download! While She Sleeps might steal the weekend though. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Saturday does look good and credit to the organisers for managing to replace just about every main stage band as most of the original announcement pulled out.

Personally I think Sunday is the best day, as it happens I don’t think any of the main stage Sunday bands pulled out and they have kept the core line up for that day.

Edited by rivalschools.price

Now the line up seems pretty much sorted, what's the one song everyone is looking forward to and why? Sadly this year the lineup isn't completely for me so I'll only be there for the Leeds Friday with my one song being 'married with children' if Liam actually plays it; would be a lovely ode to my late dad who always enjoyed the pettiness of that tune!

16 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I reckon we’ll be okay, with double vaccinated people not having to isolate from the 16th I can see most of them having it done by then so in theory it shouldn’t be an issue. 

2 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Now the line up seems pretty much sorted, what's the one song everyone is looking forward to and why? Sadly this year the lineup isn't completely for me so I'll only be there for the Leeds Friday with my one song being 'married with children' if Liam actually plays it; would be a lovely ode to my late dad who always enjoyed the pettiness of that tune!

Don’t Delete the Kisses - Wolf Alice for me 

18 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Interested to see who the 'bigger' Special guest will be... Wouldn't be surprised if It was due to be Biffy. 

I think the ones on the BBC Introducing Stage will just be artists already on the lineup doing stripped back sets. 

Sam Fender, Two Door Cinema Club & YUNGBLUD are my current guesses at the three special guests on the Introducing. 

4 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Pacifier by Catfish, or Bros by Wolf Alice

I also want to see how good Holiday by KSI sounds in the blazing sun, I’m sure it will be brilliant 

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Pacifier by Catfish, or Bros by Wolf Alice

I also want to see how good Holiday by KSI sounds in the blazing sun, I’m sure it will be brilliant 

As much as I do love their newer stuff (and in particular their second album) when Wolf Alice played giant peach THAT riff went offfff. Very excited to hear it again in a few weeks. 

5 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Probably Holy Roller by Spiritbox. 

6 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Mine has to be vossi Bop by stormzy or shut up by Stormzy as the crowd will be insane