2021 Lineup

12 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Who are everyone’s top 10 acts? In no particular order 

Wolf Alice, Biffy Clyro, Spiritbox, Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, KennyHoopla, Sam Fender, Neck Deep, Fever 333 and Stormzy

MGK, Fever 333, Biffy Clyro, Yungblud, KennyHoopla, Inhaler, Sports Team, Baby Queen, Sea Girls & Post Malone providing I don't have any clashes. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Wargasm at the DL Pilot was the worst set I’ve ever seen at a festival. An utter shambles from start to finish. The slots they are getting baffled me but it doesn’t take too much digging to find out that they’ve got their fingers in the right pies to be getting those slots. 

I was putting it politely, haha. I do like their sound but they did fall flat live and that's a shame as I was looking forward to them. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and watch them at Reading and see how it goes. 

27 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Wolf Alice, Biffy Clyro, Spiritbox, Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, KennyHoopla, Sam Fender, Neck Deep, Fever 333 and Stormzy

Stormzy,  Aitch , inhaler,  fever 333, biffy Clyro,  bad boy chiller crew , MGK,  yungblud , Catfish and the bottlemen,  Post malone 

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Wargasm at the DL Pilot was the worst set I’ve ever seen at a festival. An utter shambles from start to finish. The slots they are getting baffled me but it doesn’t take too much digging to find out that they’ve got their fingers in the right pies to be getting those slots. 

Setlist.FM only has them down to of played about 12 gigs and a lot of them were online, they've gotten big during the pandemic so to be fair to them they probably don't have much experience playing together on stage

6 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

I think the vaccines could be one of the special guests  on BBC introducing after their performance at latitude at the week

Can also see it being one of the acts already on the line-up doing another set like The Wombats did, I think Declan McKenna would suit a set like that

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

2 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Can also see it being one of the acts already on the line-up doing another set like The Wombats did, I think Declan McKenna would suit a set like that

Yeah I reckon declen mckenna and Alfie templeman would suit slots on there but would be a bit disappointed as they are both there already on other stages but I do remember enter shikari doing five sets one year 🤣

27 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

It’s traditionally been that type of thing

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

CATB, Sam Fender, Sports Team, Post Malone, TDCC, Wombats, Liam Gallagher, Wolf Alice, Hunna, Biffy Clyro

9 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Second this, have only seen them once before a few years back now when i wasn't really into them, will most likely be down the front this second time around belting out the words

When i saw their Reading 2018 set i wasn’t too into them and thought they were quite poor live, saw them a year later at ynot and fell in love with them, they were ace. Very excited to see them here now they’re one of my top bands. Even more excited to see them in a venue on the january tour though 

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Newjem said:

Already updated. Any feedback is welcome 🙂

https://clashfinder.com/s/read21/

Regarding the clash finder do you honestly think there is just five minute gap between bands? Seems a bit strange to me as they will almost certainly loose a lot of sales at the bar if that is to be the case (I understand that they need to fit everyone in) I think what you’ll see is more shorter sets than what you have given higher up and maybe even the headliners only doing an hour to an hour fifteen leaving the gaps to be around 10-15 mins 

squeezing a trip to the toilet and bar in five minutes doesn’t seem to appealing especially for the day ticket holders and just means your going to miss out on some top bands you wanted to see

21 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

the wolf alice setlist from latitude is insane. way too excited for them

10 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Second this, have only seen them once before a few years back now when i wasn't really into them, will most likely be down the front this second time around belting out the words

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

When i saw their Reading 2018 set i wasn’t too into them and thought they were quite poor live, saw them a year later at ynot and fell in love with them, they were ace. Very excited to see them here now they’re one of my top bands. Even more excited to see them in a venue on the january tour though 

It sounded every bit as good as the setlist indicates. They were incredible. Looking forward to seeing them again 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Regarding the clash finder do you honestly think there is just five minute gap between bands? Seems a bit strange to me as they will almost certainly loose a lot of sales at the bar if that is to be the case (I understand that they need to fit everyone in) I think what you’ll see is more shorter sets than what you have given higher up and maybe even the headliners only doing an hour to an hour fifteen leaving the gaps to be around 10-15 mins 

squeezing a trip to the toilet and bar in five minutes doesn’t seem to appealing especially for the day ticket holders and just means your going to miss out on some top bands you wanted to see

From what i remember anyway, bars are never too busy. Huge amount of attendees aren't 18 so can't even buy drinks. I went when i was 17 and didn't buy a single pint in the arena (smuggling on the other hand was in full swing). at the end of the night theres probably more bottles than pint cups on the floor

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Would be a shame if the set times for headliners were shorter. Melvin promotes the 6 main acts as equal and fully established headliners which suggests at least 1h15m long sets for each of them. Only no clashes are so far guaranteed.

Only just mustering together a top ten bands I’m looking forward to -

Gallows, Fever333, Creeper, Ho99o9, Spiritbox, Cleopatrick, Badflower, Bob Vylan, Biffy and ……er……. Fever333 again as they’re playing two sets haha.

Sports team aren’t too bad to be fair so I could add them as my 10th at a push.

Thr biggest shame for me personally I’d that they haven’t bagged some of the British Reading/Leeds-suitable heavy bands like Architects, Frank Carter, Idles, Enter Shikari and the like.

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

All eyes on which acts get covid or come in to contact with someone who does in the week leading up to the festival now. Will definitely see a few drop outs from that

Didn't even think about that, i assume all of the headliners and their touring parties will be playing it safe but i wonder what FR will do if they lose one of their headliners right before the festival