2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, TownNation said:

You’re right - for one on the newest line up it doesn’t say “plus more to be announced” if there was more to be announced then it would say like that like it always does

I reckon maybe the alternative stage to be announced if it’s coming back this year. That’s about it imo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, loopy11 said:

They've still not updated the poster on the website and there's clearly more people to be announced. I wonder when we will actually get the full lineup. I personally think they've got some making up to do for the losses yet...

Sorry to disappoint you but this is almost certainly the final lineup. The festival is in a month and the night time schedule has been confirmed as well.

Short of last minute drop outs due to travel restrictions or covid-forced isolation, this is it. 

15 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I reckon maybe the alternative stage to be announced if it’s coming back this year. That’s about it imo

The Leeds website says:

More information to be released in the next few weeks will include the artists appearing on the Alternative Stage and the various food and drinks on offer.

So yes the Alternative Stage is there, but also confirms that's pretty much it as far as the announcements go.  Buzzing for the announcement that they are having the same food stalls as every other year though.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Honestly these additions are more of a loss for me. Perhaps it’s controversial but I’m completely unbothered by Biffy, and know none of my friends are. I’m not a massive fan of QOTSA but the loss of them and Denzel out weigh positive additions (Inhaler, Holly Humberstone) for me.

Complete opposite for me, 3 bands I’m really interesting in seeing vs 3 I wasn’t reallY slightly bothered about

Queens of the stoneage and Denzel Curry were the absolute top two acts on the lineup for me however like i said yesterday, i’m just excited to go to a festival so you win some you lose some. I’ve seen both of them and have never seen Biffy so i’m still quite excited

Gender Roles are another great addition and the introducing stage is absolutely mint this year, highly recommend Calva Louise, Yard Act, Alfie Indra and Tayo Sound

10 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

This is the first year I might actually find myself at the BBC Introducing Stage more than once, so much upcoming talent on there this year

Would you mind letting me know who you're excited for? Always like taking a trip down there but never have any clue where to begin.

I'm probably going to end up getting a Sunday ticket now and finding some dodgy BNB inbetween Reading & London so I can do APE on the Monday as well. Tempted to do a full weekend but not sure I could hack it.

23 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Would you mind letting me know who you're excited for? Always like taking a trip down there but never have any clue where to begin.

I'm probably going to end up getting a Sunday ticket now and finding some dodgy BNB inbetween Reading & London so I can do APE on the Monday as well. Tempted to do a full weekend but not sure I could hack it.

STONE are well worth checking out 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Calva Louise, STONE, Master Peace, Downtown Kayoto, Bull and Tayo Sound

Recommendations:

Calva Lousie - Belicoso

STONE - Keep Running

Master Peace - Night Time

Downtown Kayoto - Do Better

Bull - Green

Tayo Sound - Runaway

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Who are everyone’s top 10 acts? In no particular order

Biffy Clyro, Inhaler, Easy Life, Boston Manor, 070 Shake, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Slowthai, Wolf Alice, Sports Team, Wargasm

EDIT: Already want to change it as there's a lot of acts this year i'm wanting to see so honourable mentions to: Girl In Red, Bakar and KennyHoopla

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

3 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Anyone a fan of Wargasm? Just won tickets to their K Pit next week. Now seeing them 5 times this year: at Leeds, Slamdunk and then supporting Creeper twice.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of everything they've released so far and only think they'll get bigger and better. Saw them at the Download Pilot, they were good but think they still need some more time and they'll get better live. Seeing them at Reading, Slam Dunk and Burn It Down Festival. 

Announcement wise I'm a little bit gutted about Queens and I would've watched Denzel Curry but the additions of Biffy Clyro, Inhaler and Gender Roles more than make up for it. Even though I love Queens they can be hit and miss live whereas Biffy are always class. 

If anyone hasn't heard of Gender Roles, give them a listen. They're rock/punky and sound similar to FIDLAR. 

Right then, who's updating the clash finder? 

9 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Who are everyone’s top 10 acts? In no particular order 

Wolf Alice, Biffy Clyro, Spiritbox, Liam Gallagher, Gerry Cinnamon, KennyHoopla, Sam Fender, Neck Deep, Fever 333 and Stormzy

Liam Gallagher, Biffy Clyro, Machine Gun Kelly, BBCC, Neck Deep, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Nova Twins, Fever 333, Creeper, City Morgue.

Honourable mentions to Gerry Cinnamon, The Struts, Yungblud, Bad Nerves, Punkband, Spiritbox and Beabadoobee

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah, I'm a big fan of everything they've released so far and only think they'll get bigger and better. Saw them at the Download Pilot, they were good but think they still need some more time and they'll get better live. Seeing them at Reading, Slam Dunk and Burn It Down Festival. 

Wargasm at the DL Pilot was the worst set I’ve ever seen at a festival. An utter shambles from start to finish. The slots they are getting baffled me but it doesn’t take too much digging to find out that they’ve got their fingers in the right pies to be getting those slots.