2021 Lineup

14 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I think you'll be surprised, it won't.

In my mind I'm envisaging a rammed Pit because the main stage is becoming more mainstream but it could easily have driven the general Pit crowd away from the festival altogether

Just now, Hawky said:

There's a reason why dance has moved to mainstage and metal has moved to the pit. 

Very true, definitely a change in direction overall. The Pit hasn't been overly busy during the day in recent years but with metal/rock being pushed into the smaller stage the crowd might be a bit more heavily concentrated in there. I'm hopeful, smaller sets like Wargasm, Nova Twins, Bad Nerves, Cleopatrick and City Morgue will be electric if there's a decent crowd

27 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

That'd be ideal, I'd love to know if it was Posty or FR that didn't want any guitar acts on at the same time in 2019. I imagine the Pit will be rammed most of that day, particularly during Disclosure

It’ll almost certainly be Post Malone insisting on this, FR have had loads and loads of guitar bands clashing in the past.

Though I am surprised that FR bowed to these demands from Post Malone, Download Festival have often caved in to individual egos but not many cases of FR doing it.

Sadly, due to various restrictions and logistics, a few artists are now no longer able to perform at the festivals. This includes Queens of the Stone Age, Madison Beer, Denzel Curry, Sofi Tukker, Super Whatevr, Wallows, Oliver Tree, Tate McRae, MizorMac and Nation of Language.

Wallows dropped out which has made me feel better about missing that day. Really wanted to see them and was gutted to miss them. 

Plus Catfish confirmed as not split up, which Im thrilled about as a big fan. Even better in light of all the people on twitter taking glee from the idea! 

Feel bad for anyone going for Queens of the Stone Age, but i can't say I'm disappointed with Biffy considering I got tickets for Leeds on that day on the strength of Liam Gallagher and Wolf Alice. I now have 3 bands I really want to see instead of 2 plus one I kind of like. 

Holly Humberstone being added is a great one for me too - missed her at Latitude despite her being a must see

Honestly no one now who I REALLY want to see. So badly wanted to see Queens again. Seeing Biffy twice on the October tour and I dont see how in the daytime and with the Leeds demographic how the set can be as good as the previous appearances. I love them but fear for the Biffy reception.

AND Denzel gone, they've taken away two of my must sees. Now Biffy, Slowthai and Wolf Alice are the only acts I know I will be definitely there for.