2021 Lineup

11 minutes ago, stanh said:

anyone know if the site build has started yet? i know creamfields have began theirs, so surely cant be too long until it begins at r&l (if it hasnt already)

Leeds has slowly but surely started - there was another smaller scaled festival that went on just before Bramham Park in the village I live in. But the signs went up for production, guest and artists to enter. And I know fences have been put up around the edging for Bramham Park, so it’ll begin before long for the actual stage construction etc.

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I wonder if the campsites are gonna be quieter than normal during the day and if the stages more mobbed because live music has been scarce for so long.

May be the opposite where people just want to hang out with their mates getting pissed but I doubt it. 

my sister said Lattitude was more wild than normal, esp the first night

13 minutes ago, stanh said:

anyone know if the site build has started yet? i know creamfields have began theirs, so surely cant be too long until it begins at r&l (if it hasnt already)

Went past other day and could see signs on a roundabout near.

Honestly as long as KSI (definitely he will been a London lad) QOTSA and Fever 333 (more of a fear been from the US) stay on the lineup, anything else is a bonus. I’m going this year purely for those 3 😅

if bands do (unfortunately) have to drop out though, I’ll take some good / better bands and any I like 😂

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

May be the opposite where people just want to hang out with their mates getting pissed but I doubt it. 

my sister said Lattitude was more wild than normal, esp the first night

That's a very good point.

Seemed from reports like there were a lot more people than normal at Latitude who were just there to get lit with friends after restrictions.

Reading and Leeds making front page news with their plans to go ahead on the week the roadmap was detailed forced a total sellout, which was probably not lineup-dependent. This year might be a bit of a mad one.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

That's a very good point.

Seemed from reports like there were a lot more people than normal at Latitude who were just there to get lit with friends after restrictions.

Reading and Leeds making front page news with their plans to go ahead on the week the roadmap was detailed forced a total sellout, which was probably not lineup-dependent. This year might be a bit of a mad one.

I think it could deffo be a very different crowd to normal, due to the sell out.

Will be interesting to se show turns up!

Are the normal groups of teens or adults with more disposable cash more likely to get mobalised at short notice?

Went to Summer of Love festival this just gone weekend, a small two day dance festival just outside of bristol, and god it felt good just to be stood in a field with mates watching live music. Unbelievably excited for Reading now that i’m totally confident it’ll happen, don’t care who pulls out at this point just being back at a proper festival is enough for me

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Benj said:

Are the normal groups of teens or adults with more disposable cash more likely to get mobalised at short notice?

This is something I posited to my friends after the rapid sell out. I’m really curious to see what the crowd will be like this year. I’m leaning towards it being a slightly older audience than usual due to those people having the hundreds of pounds ready to go at an instant compared to kids that are 16-18, for example. Who knows though?