2021 Lineup

18 minutes ago, Jhold001 said:

i think the line ups great, I just want to know who the smaller acts are going to be and replacements for people who might have to pull out due to covid

Can you imagine telling yourself at the start of the year that R+L was pretty much definitely going ahead, you're going, you think the lineup is great... but one month before you're disappointed because they haven't finalised the replacement acts for ones who can't make it? The acts who were second choice to Neck Deep?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can you imagine telling yourself at the start of the year that R+L was pretty much definitely going ahead, you're going, you think the lineup is great... but one month before you're disappointed because they haven't finalised the replacement acts for ones who can't make it? The acts who were second choice to Neck Deep?

Disappointed at myself for hyping up over nothing, not disappointed at reading. I've also been worried about acts such as wallows, oliver tree and denzel curry not being able to make the festival as they are acts that ive been looking forward to seeing for a while. I don't understand why you've got to be passive aggressive over me laughing about how we expected a lineup announcement because of a TPD TV tweet

1 minute ago, Jhold001 said:

Disappointed at myself for hyping up over nothing, not disappointed at reading. I've also been worried about acts such as wallows, oliver tree and denzel curry not being able to make the festival as they are acts that ive been looking forward to seeing for a while. I don't understand why you've got to be passive aggressive over me laughing about how we expected a lineup announcement because of a TPD TV tweet

Sorry. Didn't mean to come across that way.

Just wanted to put into context how silly it would be to be disappointed at Reading for not announcing replacements yet, which is what I thought you meant.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The acts who were second choice to Neck Deep?

You know that not how it works, a band might be available now that wasn't before. For all we know Playboi Carti might have been dragged in to replace Kid Laroi. 

12 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Oh my bad, was checking their twitter and they haven’t posted anything on there about it since yesterday from what I can see. Don’t follow them anywhere else

Ah, Rob tweeted a earlier.

19 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

TPD genuinely know nowt about the lineup ahead of time - wish people would stop thinking they have inside knowledge. 

If they have secured another DJ set, I'm sure they would know when it would be announced. They wouldn't know anything else on the line up, just when it will be announced

12 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

This doesn’t surprise me at all about Devin Townsend.

The man is an absolute legend

Yeah, he's a delight by all accounts.

Know he's Canadian but don't think it's too dissimilar from the US. 

Bad news is... Spiritbox is Canadian

Yeah.... Spiritbox aren't playing, they're in LA with LB on 24/08 and they're in Canada in September.

Absolutely gutted only band that I was really excited to see.

Second act I was looking forward to... City Morgue and they're in same position, in Chicago a week before Leeds.

Edit: unless Melvin has pulled off a miracle.

Screenshot_20210727-000909~2.png

Edited by Hawky

8 hours ago, Hawky said:

Yeah.... Spiritbox aren't playing, they're in LA with LB on 24/08 and they're in Canada in September.

Absolutely gutted only band that I was really excited to see.

Second act I was looking forward to... City Morgue and they're in same position, in Chicago a week before Leeds.

Edit: unless Melvin has pulled off a miracle.

Screenshot_20210727-000909~2.png

Well, you know this goes for everyone... Don't know what special arrangements are made for those bands. I was watching this news (not only for me, thinking how and when to travel) but what it generally means for all bands that were supposed to play Lowlands/Pukkelpop and then travel for R and L (Stormzy, Liam, Fever 333, Cleopatrick etc. etc. etc.)

1 hour ago, r55N said:

Well, you know this goes for everyone... Don't know what special arrangements are made for those bands. I was watching this news (not only for me, thinking how and when to travel) but what it generally means for all bands that were supposed to play Lowlands/Pukkelpop and then travel for R and L (Stormzy, Liam, Fever 333, Cleopatrick etc. etc. etc.)

I reckon the American acts aren’t likely to be playing now. As the Glastonbury Equinox isn’t happening - Biffy seem a nailed replacement for QOTSA and maybe Dua Lipa replacing Post Malone?

Could even see Wolf Alice being bumped up after the very successful Latitude headline slot. Just doesn’t seem likely with the restrictions and coming over to play one or two festivals.