2021 Lineup

4 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Ah ok thanks mate I thought I read they were getting announced this week to but might of read it wrong lol 

“Stay tuned for some exciting news next week, app release and plenty more news.”

Whilst it says we have the app coming this week which is home to the schedule, which means it is a possibility to receive set times, however we could and I would say it is likely that we wont see them just yet.

I feel if there is a headliner drop out, be it from America or Catfish we’d just get a headliner from the few other festivals this summer. Who do we thinks on the table?

- Chemical Bros

- Foals

- Gorillaz

- Libertines

- Royal Blood

- Courteeners.

Jorja Smith, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle Club are all headlining stuff as well, with a few others, but don’t think are necessarily size or right act for a Reading headline. Libertines, Foals and Chemical Bros seem most likely

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

1 hour ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

I feel if there is a headliner drop out, be it from America or Catfish we’d just get a headliner from the few other festivals this summer. Who do we thinks on the table?

- Chemical Bros

- Foals

- Gorillaz

- Libertines

- Royal Blood

- Courteeners.

Jorja Smith, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle Club are all headlining stuff as well, with a few others, but don’t think are necessarily size or right act for a Reading headline. Libertines, Foals and Chemical Bros seem most likely

With Reading retweeting Catfish I don't think we will see any headliner changes. Think we could see a Royal Blood secret set tho

16 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

With Reading retweeting Catfish I don't think we will see any headliner changes. Think we could see a Royal Blood secret set tho

I do still think Catfish will still be there, but thought I’d raise the question given that headliners in general seem to be in more jeopardy than usual. Royal Blood seem right size for a notable secret set

After their Latitude set, I'd absolutely love chems to take the headline slot in place of one of the US acts.

Other shouts for the weekend who played Latitude that would fit the R&L 'vibe' would be the Vaccines (could certainly see them doing a secret set), shame and working mens club. As brilliant as acts such as Squid, Wet Leg and Sons of Kemet were, I'm not sure how big crowds they'd draw at R&L

When the Latitude covid cancellations started rolling in (Fontains DC & Arlo Parks amongst others), I was very worried about these gaps being filled but thankfully there were already plans in place by festival republic.

26 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Other shouts for the weekend who played Latitude that would fit the R&L 'vibe' would be the Vaccines (could certainly see them doing a secret set)

This is a great shout, not exactly the band i would want to do a secret set but this seems really plausible, they have a good relationship with the festival, they're on the scene and i believe they're promoting a new album at the moment if i'm not mistaken (i know they have a few new singles out at the moment)

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

This is a great shout, not exactly the band i would want to do a secret set but this seems really plausible, they have a good relationship with the festival, they're on the scene and i believe they're promoting a new album at the moment if i'm not mistaken (i know they have a few new singles out at the moment)

Think it’s pretty much certain they’ll turn up. 

makes more sense for them to do Reading as opposed to Lattitude, so if they have nothing else on that weekend...

43 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

After their Latitude set, I'd absolutely love chems to take the headline slot in place of one of the US acts.

Rather them than all other headliners at the mo!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Where’s the room on the lineup for secret sets, though? We knows there’s a slot available on one of the days on the Pit/Lock Up but where else is there space? 

It's hard to tell until we have the official confirmed schedule from R+L, if we do end up getting an announcement today alongside timings then i guess we'll have the answer to the question

16 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Lol wtf, are they legit?

They're known for being misogynistic creeps, used to display a sign outside their gigs with a bunch of sexual shit in exchange for money and would use the excuse of 'lad banter' to get away with it but it just came off as creepy, would post the image here but unsure on eFestivals rules on NSFW images (not too bad but it has a lot of sexual remarks on it)

EDIT: Having read some of the tweets Dental posted, they're worse so i can assume i can get away with attaching it here

12524258_10153429345742844_3483467285735049830_n.jpeg

Edited by OnlyRevolutions