2021 Lineup

47 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

They haven't tweeted in almost a year, since they were announced. Could be a valid reason for the companies house tbf but a bit odd

Tbf what would any band have to tweet about in the last year if they didn’t have new music? ‘It’s February and we still can’t play shows’ 

16 minutes ago, K2001 said:

They all ‘resigned’ just before the tax year reset so I imagine it’s just something to do with tax/starting a new company.

They didn't all resign though. Nor did they establish a new LLP.

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Van McAnn the one man band 🙇🏼‍♂️🙇🏼‍♂️

Tbf I think he could hand leather jackets to any three pasty white dudes with brown hair and nobody would know the difference.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Daft question but do you all think going to Leeds is a legitimate reason to ask for an early jab? Really want to be double jabbed as obviously we’ll be mixing with thousands of people over the weekend but not sure they will take it seriously as a reason to get it early

I dont know mate, give it a go

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Daft question but do you all think going to Leeds is a legitimate reason to ask for an early jab? Really want to be double jabbed as obviously we’ll be mixing with thousands of people over the weekend but not sure they will take it seriously as a reason to get it early

I got a walk in for my first one, have to wait 4 weeks after my isolation a couple weeks to get my second but I should just go straight in

FR sent out the message “Stay tuned for some exciting news next week, app release and plenty more news.” on Friday, so tomorrow could be the day we hear something, obviously could be any of the days next week though but i'm hoping they get it done tomorrow. Going back a few months to @Jack.194 post we can see what days are the most popular for an announcement tho:

Monday - 2

Tuesday - 7

Wednesday - 3

Thursday - 7

Friday - 5

Saturday - 0

Sunday - 0

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Dukey said:

R&L just retweeted Catfish’s tweet about them headlining from ages ago - so presuming they’re still gonna be there 

Yeah there was no reason for them to do that other than to put to bed the rumours, they've probably been flooded with messages recently asking if catfish would still be playing

1 minute ago, NoBuses said:

TPD put up a tweet with a pic of their set from 2019 and said merch drop and now said they've postponed it for 6pm tomorrow for 'reasons'. Reckon that's a shout for the announcement 

Definitely could be, i know they're currently at Latitude right now though so might be difficult managing a merch drop from the campsite so it could just be that also

12 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Definitely could be, i know they're currently at Latitude right now though so might be difficult managing a merch drop from the campsite so it could just be that also

Could be yeah, only thing that convinces me is they had a thing on the original image that said 'this picture is definitely not related to the drop...' or something like that 

7 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Could be yeah, only thing that convinces me is they had a thing on the original image that said 'this picture is definitely not related to the drop...' or something like that 

Missed the original tweet but yeh if they're relating the merch drop to images of their set then that makes it more plausible, i'm confident they're on the line-up due to their links with Melvin so they would know in advance if the line-up was dropping

Just realised they've pulled the plug on Superbloom which means Post Malone only coming to Europe for RandL so he's in the same situation as QOTSA.

Melvin's been planning this a while and I trust he'll have a plan b, c and d especially given what is happening in USA atm.

Edit: Absolutely wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Chemical brothers getting a slot after their latitude performance. 

Edited by Hawky

21 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Just realised they've pulled the plug on Superbloom which means Post Malone only coming to Europe for RandL so he's in the same situation as QOTSA.

I know factors such as travel bans may stop american acts coming over but Melvin Benn specified in this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zh2xzyLf0Y (37:10) that QOTSA and Post Malone have been very clear that if it's safe for them to come over then they will regardless. He does say that he's unsure on if smaller American acts will make it though.

EDIT: Saying that, i know Melvin has been known to blatantly lie numerous times in interviews.

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I know factors such as travel bans may stop american acts coming over but Melvin Benn specified in this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zh2xzyLf0Y (37:10) that QOTSA and Post Malone have been very clear that if it's safe for them to come over then they will regardless. He does say that he's unsure on if smaller American acts will make it though.

EDIT: Saying that, i know Melvin has been known to blatantly lie numerous times in interviews.

I've seen it and I don't think it means anything, what does "safe" mean? Also, a lot has changed in America over the last 6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

R&L just retweeted Catfish’s tweet about them headlining from ages ago - so presuming they’re still gonna be there 

Wait, so everyone already gleefully planning the band’s funeral and making predictions for who would replace them on the R+L lineup was jumping the gun? I am shocked. 

7 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

In terms of the announcement, I'm not sure how many more names to expect or where they go on the bill. In terms of acts i'd like to see. I'd love holding absence, static dress, trash boat, pale waves, you me at six to be added. Not sure where they'd go though! 

Anyone like that would be good. Give me Static Dress, Trash Boat, Waterparks, The Mysterines, The Snuts, Inhaler and Maneskin for a laugh

56 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I've seen it and I don't think it means anything, what does "safe" mean? Also, a lot has changed in America over the last 6 weeks. 

I assume he means that if the governments give the go ahead for them to travel over here then they'll play, i assume the only thing stopping them will be if it's legal or not rather than if they have any other shows in Europe at the time