2021 Lineup

31 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I'm only guessing based on other acts that day and the sheer number of plays some of them have had on Spotify. Not my thing at all but I imagine she'll appeal to the Post/Disclosure/Kid Laroi crowd

Tate McRae in the festival Republic has 6x the plays, although I assume they must be mainly US based. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd Hill gets on those numbers.  It obv won’t be anything like the Eilish/ Posty crowds, as the hype is in no way the same. Although I may be THAT out of touch! (I wasn’t for Eilish or Posty though which is why I’m making the assumption!)

45 minutes ago, Benj said:

Tate McRae in the festival Republic has 6x the plays, although I assume they must be mainly US based. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd Hill gets on those numbers.  It obv won’t be anything like the Eilish/ Posty crowds, as the hype is in no way the same. Although I may be THAT out of touch! (I wasn’t for Eilish or Posty though which is why I’m making the assumption!)

Never heard of her in my life so either she's getting the US listeners as you say or more I'm out of touch!

Yeah for Billie Eilish you could tell from before they put her in the R1 Tent she was going to draw a massive crowd. There's a fair few acts where I'm interested to see the size of the crowd they pull: QOTSA,  Disclosure, Tom Grennan, Arizona Zervas etc

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're warm up dates for Slam Dunk.

Yeah but with a gap between 24th and 31st it’s such a perfect Reading/Leeds shaped hole. They have such a history at reading as well I’d be shocked if they aren’t there whether it’s a secret set, late announcement, or replacing a US act.

Edited by kjvffm

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Where would they fit in though, unless we’re assuming some US cancellation shuffles. 

would be ace having them there

Really depends on any cancellations? Are they big enough to take the Kid Laroi or MGKs slots? If not maybe a replacement for Fever 333. I don’t think they’re a perfect fit for any of those regardless of size. Possibly a secret set. Or additional act on the catfish stage which is one short I think?

2 hours ago, Benj said:

I don't think you're out of touch on this one don't worry, certain Becky Hill songs were huge in my early teenage years like Afterglow and Gecko but people associated those songs with the DJ's.. she definitely has some hits under her belt but her relevancy isn't anything insane, you'd struggle to find anyone who would say Becky Hill is their favourite artist

8 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

Yeah but with a gap between 24th and 31st it’s such a perfect Reading/Leeds shaped hole. They have such a history at reading as well I’d be shocked if they aren’t there whether it’s a secret set, late announcement, or replacing a US act.

They’re a UK act. They’ll probably just go home during that hole. 

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just had an email to say that all tickets will be on mobile phones and that no tickets will be posted out.

Refund for postage being sent out 

I received that too, was slightly confused seeing a ticketmaster email regarding Reading 😳

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

Im wondering how it's going to affect resell tickets, as resell tickets don't come up on the app. 

If done through ticketmaster, or any other reputable ticket site i believe it'll be fine. for those who've bought through twitter or the like may be in trouble.

Imagine that they've implemented this to stop ticket touting so i guess it has served its purpose

9 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

If done through ticketmaster, or any other reputable ticket site i believe it'll be fine. for those who've bought through twitter or the like may be in trouble.

Imagine that they've implemented this to stop ticket touting so i guess it has served its purpose

I reckon so. Seems like they’re being tighter against touts this year 

I had 6 tickets and they cancelled 2 of them last night.. I’ve never had that for Reading before. Put 2 of my mates right in the shit

19 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

I had 6 tickets and they cancelled 2 of them last night.. I’ve never had that for Reading before. Put 2 of my mates right in the shit

Why would they cancel?

25 minutes ago, Rotinajer said:

Gutted, it seems to have happen to a fair few without much warning when you first add them to your basket. Hope they get sorted.

Just guessing but it could be to reduce contact between the ticket holder and the staff on the gate? Read that Tramlines aren't even doing weekend wristbands this year. Don't know what the lead times are on ticket printing/posting but if they've just found out they can go ahead it'll save them time going digital

21 hours ago, stanh said:

anyone know whats happening with ticketmaster resale tickets and how that will be working? 

As digital tickets not physical? It should be alright you'd think, I'd guess it'd just disappear from the seller's ticket wallet and appear in the buyers and all the info would transfer over, if anything it should make it easier. One of my mates bought a resale ticket and has resold it themselves via Ticketmaster

On 7/20/2021 at 12:21 AM, thatTFBguy said:

DMA’s pulled out of Tramlines this weekend due to travel restrictions. I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

Only just seen this, for some reason I assumed they were British. I’ve been following tramlines on Twitter and there was no mention of them dropping out either, just knocked them off the lineup. Can probably rule out any Aussie bands on the R&L lineup then (if we have any, none that immediately comes to mind?). Guess we will have to wait and see with the American acts. 

7 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Received an email from Reading today and is looking likely that we get a lineup announcement next week

“Stay tuned for some exciting news next week, app release and plenty more news.”

Was starting to think it'd next week, never occurred to me next week it'll be four weeks from the festival!

5 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Only just seen this, for some reason I assumed they were British. I’ve been following tramlines on Twitter and there was no mention of them dropping out either, just knocked them off the lineup. Can probably rule out any Aussie bands on the R&L lineup then (if we have any, none that immediately comes to mind?). Guess we will have to wait and see with the American acts. 

Does one of The Wombats live over there? Kid Laroi is Aussie but I believe he lives in the US? Not music related but the Aussies and NZ pulling out of the RL World Cup tells you all you need to know about how seriously they feel about the UK right now