2021 Lineup

Gives a good indication that; losing QOTSA, MGK & Denzel Curry would massacre the Reading Sunday for me. MGK does have ALT LDN fest the day after in London too so may be worth while for him still coming over with 3 festivals in 4 days

Biffy does seem the most logical QOTSA replacement, without Oli being in Brazil BMTH could have been an option and their tour starts a bit too late to tie in. Foals have All Points East the day after so are around but wonder if it's an exclusive? In my dreams I'd hope for Muse but can't see that happening.

Courteeners would be disappointing, there's enough bucket-hats that day as it is! Trying to think of any other British bands that could potentially do it? Bastille? Kasabian? The Libertines? You Me At Six? CHVRCHES? The Vaccines? Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes? Enter Shikari?

Edited by LazyDavid

21 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Gives a good indication that; losing QOTSA, MGK & Denzel Curry would massacre the Reading Sunday for me. MGK does have ALT LDN fest the day after in London too so may be worth while for him still coming over with 3 festivals in 4 days

I would imagine based on what you said about MGK it is still likely we could see him at the festival 

44 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Biffy does seem the most logical QOTSA replacement, without Oli being in Brazil BMTH could have been an option and their tour starts a bit too late to tie in. Foals have All Points East the day after so are around but wonder if it's an exclusive? In my dreams I'd hope for Muse but can't see that happening.

Courteeners would be disappointing, there's enough bucket-hats that day as it is! Trying to think of any other British bands that could potentially do it? Bastille? Kasabian? The Libertines? You Me At Six? CHVRCHES? The Vaccines? Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes? Enter Shikari?

All those names are too small except Kasabian (off the back of first show back without Tom really) and maybe Libertines at a big push. Could pull in an artist whos not currently touring potentially, maybe like Killers who have their new album to promote

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

All those names are too small except Kasabian (off the back of first show back without Tom really) and maybe Libertines at a big push. Could pull in an artist whos not currently touring potentially, maybe like Killers who have their new album to promote

If (and it's a big if, because MB said that as long as it is safe to do so, the acts will be there) the big US acts such as Posty and QOTSA aren't able to come over, why would another US act like The Killers take their place?

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Killers are also US-based though. Same for Muse. Arctic Monkeys? They've been in the UK recently 

1 minute ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

I’m a bit confused, is the discussion on US acts not coming based on US-UK travel restrictions or it not being financially viable for them to come for one show? I thought coming for work from the US was allowed

It was sparked by the restrictions but also is because its not really financially viable to come over for one show. 

We need a big rock band to replace QOTSA, not a medium-sized indie band. The only ones that have been mentioned here that would be suitable replacements are BMTH, Biffy and Muse. If QOTSA have a shit replacement, that's another blow for the already slim amount of rock on the line up

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

I’m a bit confused, is the discussion on US acts not coming based on US-UK travel restrictions or it not being financially viable for them to come for one show? I thought coming for work from the US was allowed

Whilst they cant enforce it the US yesterday advised against all travel to the UK

18 minutes ago, Darberry said:

We need a big rock band to replace QOTSA, not a medium-sized indie band. The only ones that have been mentioned here that would be suitable replacements are BMTH, Biffy and Muse. If QOTSA have a shit replacement, that's another blow for the already slim amount of rock on the line up

It might just be me but QOTSA look really out of place on that lineup for me. They're obviously not there to appeal to the school leavers but will the young weekend ticket holders be able to name many of their songs?

Might be the same with Biffy, BMTH and a few UK alternatives but maybe more so with QOTSA

Edited by andyrhodes24

50 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Any issue is more likely to be insurance related. If the CDC/ State office is saying Do Not Travel, then they may not be covered by their insurance

It may have zero effect. Odds on them Appearing this AM are deffo higher than yesterday

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Any issue is more likely to be insurance related. If the CDC/ State office is saying Do Not Travel, then they may not be covered by their insurance

It may have zero effect. Odds on them Appearing this AM are deffo higher than yesterday

Why would it be higher when yesterday the CDC said to avoid travel?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I totally agree a lot are too small, but I can't see them splashing out on a replacement with it being a month and a bit away now (I do hope they prove me wrong though!)

Or as someone else suggested they bump Wolf Alice/Gerry Cinnamon up and add a slightly smaller band

Think it's just the age old pessimism hitting haha

9 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Why would it be higher when yesterday the CDC said to avoid travel?

It was announced today U.K. time!

Odds will be higher this time today, that this time yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They're definitely ramping up the number of posts on social media now. It's like they're trying to get people to bite with that one today. Teaser tomorrow and announcement Friday?

Unless they are waiting for Latitude to be over? 

Bit late, but Biffy and Dave (I know he’s an exclusive elsewhere but it’s a novel year yknow) in IF the Americans can’t travel, I still think they will tho.

An odd one, but could 2DCC be bumped up? That’s the only viable “sub” artist that l think could do it. Just fucking not AJ Tracey please

32 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Unless they are waiting for Latitude to be over? 

Yeah it could be. It could be anytime, not like they're in any rush to shift tickets any more. From a PR point of view, releasing it around the same time as Latitude would be good for Festival Republic