2021 Lineup

16 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Happy Freedom Day everyone! with it finally here, i'd love to see festival republic get the ball rolling again with announcements, this would be the perfect time for the final announcement and if not today then sometime this week.

Maybe they will wait until after latitude.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Interesting for gigs/festivals from the end of September, only those whove been double jabbed be allowed in. 

For me, it would be from now and not the end of September. 

If you are openly admitting cases etc are going to rise as of today then at least put the toughest attendance measures in to counter it. I'm having my second this Friday but I also live with two over 60s and won't be attending anything major wise without it. Luckily I don't need to but still.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If you are openly admitting cases etc are going to rise as of today then at least put the toughest attendance measures in to counter it. I'm having my second this Friday but I also live with two over 60s and won't be attending anything major wise without it. Luckily I don't need to but still.

Not everyone has been offered the second jab though so that would just be unfair. They are expected to do so by the end of Sept.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Hardly fair on people like me that won’t be fully vaccinated until the end of August even though I booked in for me vaccinations as soon as I could. 

1 minute ago, wghennessy said:

Not everyone has been offered the second jab though so that would just be unfair. They are expected to do so by the end of Sept.

Pretty much much why they are doing it. Trying to entice the younger generation to get the jab, or limited social life. Its a bit crap but can see why they are doing it.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Hardly fair on people like me that won’t be fully vaccinated until the end of August even though I booked in for me vaccinations as soon as I could. 

It would of crippled the likes of reading/leeds/creamfields etc etc.

If they are bringing it in, give everyone the chance 1st.

19 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Why is it unfair? All summer people have been asking for the rules to be put in place instant yet suddenly they shouldn't be when it's a game changer.

17 minutes ago, foolee said:

It's one of those unfortunate things I feel. I remember a time way back when people said everyone will have had their vaccines by end of July and be fully done. That was never happening.

11 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

To be fair us double jabbers sometimes forget not everyone has been. I had my second like March time. Ill probably be having another soon.

I'm not forgetting anything. But then my reply kind of goes by the reply to your previous message 

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

It would of crippled the likes of reading/leeds/creamfields etc etc.

If they are bringing it in, give everyone the chance 1st.

So basically letting an effort go ahead without the security that you are bringing in at a period when the festivals are done and potentially the damage is too.

This festival has complained all summer about how the government have been shit with rules. Why in a week and not now?

The same applied here but I get views are clouded by people wanting to attend. But no one can actually think that the forthcoming ruling shouldn't actually be in place before with a neutral mind set.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Why is it unfair? All summer people have been asking for the rules to be put in place instant yet suddenly they shouldn't be when it's a game changer.

It's one of those unfortunate things I feel. I remember a time way back when people said everyone will have had their vaccines by end of July and be fully done. That was never happening.

I'm not forgetting anything. But then my reply kind of goes by the reply to your previous message 

Because they havent had the chance to so youre Auntie Mavis could mate.  We as a country have taken a significant amount of peoples twenties without doing even more. They have had enough time taken away from them only to then be punished again so yes, it is unfair 100%. Id love it if you could explain how it is fair...

I do have a neutral mindset, im not going to any festival this Summer.

People mentioning bands like the snuts, DMA’s, Idles, Circa Waves etc, a few of them were down for the smaller festivals like Kendal, YNot and Truck and R&L don’t usually share many bands with them, so now they’ve all been cancelled we might see a few of them being added especially if some of the overseas acts can’t make it. 

18 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

People mentioning bands like the snuts, DMA’s, Idles, Circa Waves etc, a few of them were down for the smaller festivals like Kendal, YNot and Truck and R&L don’t usually share many bands with them, so now they’ve all been cancelled we might see a few of them being added especially if some of the overseas acts can’t make it. 

Give me DMA's now please

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve seen a lot of articles this morning which state that the US has issued a ‘do not travel’ warning for travelling to the UK. 

I think the festival will go ahead but I’m expecting some big lineup changes. 

There appears to be a caveat to that if you ‘ must’ travel for work. However would be interesting to see what would be done with the festival without internationals at such short notice. Would definitely cause a BIG lineup shakeup

7 minutes ago, nathanh said:

There appears to be a caveat to that if you ‘ must’ travel for work. However would be interesting to see what would be done with the festival without internationals at such short notice. Would definitely cause a BIG lineup shakeup

Maybe it isn’t short notice to them, they’ve probably been planning behind the scenes for a while.

42 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Maybe it isn’t short notice to them, they’ve probably been planning behind the scenes for a while.

You would hope so, I wouldn't want to have their talent bookers job at the moment trying to chance out quite a few bigger acts whilst keeping people happy. 

31 minutes ago, nathanh said:

You would hope so, I wouldn't want to have their talent bookers job at the moment trying to chance out quite a few bigger acts whilst keeping people happy. 

Can you imagine the kick off if Post Malone has to cancel? Fiat 500 Twitter was up in arms about Doja Cat never mind Post

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Can you imagine the kick off if Post Malone has to cancel? Fiat 500 Twitter was up in arms about Doja Cat never mind Post

Would be madness from that crowd. Would be interesting to see who gets put in his place

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Will be interesting to see what road they go down if queens of the stone age have to cancel. Any natural replacements are all American too! 

I think it would take a lot to find a UK equivalent for Queens.