2021 Lineup

58 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah it’s free on the NHS app. Not read the details but it’s outrageous that Standon are charging £8 a go when there’s literally a free alternative

If I had tickets for Standon the hoops they want to charge you for the pleasure of jumping through would put me off 

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2021 at 7:20 PM, Huwey said:

Agreed. I was at Biffy manics and faith no more aswell, amazing sets/atmosphere !

That Manics set was superb. Was expecting a typical "best of" setlist with all the usual hits given it was a one hour festival slot, but they gave us a few curveballs.

1 hour ago, atomised said:

If I had tickets for Standon the hoops they want to charge you for the pleasure of jumping through would put me off 

Just given it a read now, looks like they’re going through a private firm to do live video LFTs to ensure they’re done properly and festival goers don’t fiddle their results. I get that they want to ensure that everyone is negative but you don’t have to do another test if you go off-site and come back which defeats the point entirely

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I predicted a few months ago on here that Frank will be back in Gallows for a one-off (well, two-off).

No way are Gallows big enough to headline the Pit without him.

I think it may be more of a case of them not really being bothered to get huge names for the Pit considering it’s half empty most of the time. The name ‘Gallows’ will do the trick for most looking for something heavier regardless of if Frank is with them.

19 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

COVID REQUIREMENTS:

-Full vaccination (14 days prior minimum)

or

- Negative NHS Lateral Flow Test prior to travel on the day of arrival

or

- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival

This is silly. Why would someone right now that hasn't even bothered with a vaccination get one when they don't actually have to.

Going by this, the elder folk have basically vaccinated themselves for the younger not to have to.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

This is silly. Why would someone right now that hasn't even bothered with a vaccination get one when they don't actually have to.

Going by this, the elder folk have basically vaccinated themselves for the younger not to have to.

Eh? 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I genuinely don’t understand the point this post is attempting to make? 

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I booked my vaccine the second it was available for our age group (before it was even announced to be available) and have booked my second for exactly 8 weeks later. I couldn’t physically have been able to be double vaccinated + 14 days immunity before the 25th of August. Young people are getting vaccinated. I don't know one person my age that isn’t or hasn’t.

As a guess Gaza is talking about something to do with the fest asking for a negative test rather than vaccination proof to allow admission which doesn’t encourage people to get the vaccination, because going to a festival is the only motivation for getting the jab apparently.

However that seems reasonable enough since you need two jabs with 8 weeks apart and then 3 weeks after that for the vaccination to become effective so people would have needed the first jab in sometime in June and it wasn’t offered to everyone at that point plus the fest didn’t tell you the requirement at that time.

6 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

I booked my vaccine the second it was available for our age group (before it was even announced to be available) and have booked my second for exactly 8 weeks later. I couldn’t physically have been able to be double vaccinated + 14 days immunity before the 25th of August. Young people are getting vaccinated. I don't know one person my age that isn’t or hasn’t.

I'm not directly saying they aren't. I'm saying for people who choose not to be, this ruling in events stood them needing to so why should others have had to who may actually be concerned about it but chose to because it was the done thing?

33 minutes ago, thetime said:

Eh? 

What's so hard to understand? If people have been vaccinated so they are safe and can therefore do things they want to and be protected. Why should people that have chose not to get away with a test that's just over 50% likely to actually be what it says?

13 minutes ago, jump said:

As a guess Gaza is talking about something to do with the fest asking for a negative test rather than vaccination proof to allow admission which doesn’t encourage people to get the vaccination, because going to a festival is the only motivation for getting the jab apparently.

However that seems reasonable enough since you need two jabs with 8 weeks apart and then 3 weeks after that for the vaccination to become effective so people would have needed the first jab in sometime in June and it wasn’t offered to everyone at that point plus the fest didn’t tell you the requirement at that time.

Bound to sound stupid here but which Gazza do we mean?

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What's so hard to understand? If people have been vaccinated so they are safe and can therefore do things they want to and be protected. Why should people that have chose not to get away with a test that's just over 50% likely to actually be what it says?

I kind of get what you mean, but I don’t think any organisation, especially one as huge as R/L, is gonna demand vaccination for entry. In an ideal world it would be mandatory, but unfortunately a large portion of people are idiots and R/L doesn’t want to lose their business so they’ve given them an alternate option, even if it is kind of bullshit and unfair to the vaccinated.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The vaccine doesn't make you safe.

It's called choice, if people want to take the bigger risk without a jab then that's upto them. 

It was obvious this type of entry requirement was going to happen, I'm sure it's going to be that way for gigs/fests for a good while.

32 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Any chance of inhaler getting added they are the perfect mid afternoon band 

Would love this, kind of waiting on a new R&L announcement with Inhaler before committing to Inhaler tickets for their tour in October. Seem a perfect band for R&L and I was surprised not to see them announced when the lineup came out originally. 

Not a fan of The Snuts though, don’t get it. They remind me of The Kooks and the less said about them the better. 

9 minutes ago, foolee said:

Would love this, kind of waiting on a new R&L announcement with Inhaler before committing to Inhaler tickets for their tour in October. Seem a perfect band for R&L and I was surprised not to see them announced when the lineup came out originally. 

Not a fan of The Snuts though, don’t get it. They remind me of The Kooks and the less said about them the better. 

I thought they’d both be on there, really surprised neither are at the minute.

I said to our lass The Snuts sound like The Kooks about two days before it was announced they were supporting them on tour. Always sounds exactly like them

18 minutes ago, foolee said:

Same here mate but just seen not many tickets left for Norwich so hoping Reading announce something soon, I was suprised they haven't been announced already to be honest with all the other festivals they are playing at this summer 

33 minutes ago, foolee said:

Any news on a new announcement? With a little over 5 weeks to opening there is not long to go, would be good to know if QOTSA are playing or not.

31 minutes ago, thetime said:

Any news on a new announcement? With a little over 5 weeks to opening there is not long to go, would be good to know if QOTSA are playing or not.

Surely it’s got to come this week after the 19th passes by, any longer and they’ll have built the festival sites before they’ve built the full lineup