2021 Lineup

12 minutes ago, nathanh said:

This decision baffles me to this day. R1 replaced by a second main stage- meaning bigger acts I can get behind and somewhat makes sense to me however the pit one is so confusing

If it was the other was round where it was the FR for two days and the Pit for one I probably wouldn't be going this year. Maybe they could upgrade the size of the Pit/FR tent to the one they use for the R1? Always say the R1 has the best atmosphere of any stage at the festival

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If it was the other was round where it was the FR for two days and the Pit for one I probably wouldn't be going this year. Maybe they could upgrade the size of the Pit/FR tent to the one they use for the R1? Always say the R1 has the best atmosphere of any stage at the festival

The main loss of the Radio one for me is headline slots for up and coming bands, Muse, 1975,  Kasabian, Bloc Party, Haim, Wolf Alice, who’d otherwise get 45 minutes at 5pm and no prestige. 

A packed Radio one when a band is on the up and probably not quite properly programmed so it’s utterly rammed is defrosted the best atmosphere too, properly electric

i hope it comes back, if just for the variety but will withhold a final judgment until after this festival, see how it goes!

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

The main loss of the Radio one for me is headline slots for up and coming bands, Muse, 1975,  Kasabian, Bloc Party, Haim, Wolf Alice, who’d otherwise get 45 minutes at 5pm and no prestige. 

A packed Radio one when a band is on the up and probably not quite properly programmed so it’s utterly rammed is defrosted the best atmosphere too, properly electric

i hope it comes back, if just for the variety but will withhold a final judgment until after this festival, see how it goes!

Spot on, some of the best nights I've had at Leeds were watching headliners/subs in the R1 tent. Twenty One Pilots, The 1975, Courteeners, The Wombats, TDCC and Slaves were all excellent - only The 1975 and Twenty One Pilots in 2019 and Courteeners in 2018 had better Main Stage atmospheres for me.

I'd also like more higher profile variety against the Main Stage personally, if the Clashfinder is right then I'll have to endure Yungblud on the Friday this year...

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Agreed. Seen some of my favourite sets there over the years. Hundred Reasons in 2003, Biffy Clyro in 2007, Manic Street Preachers in 2008, Faith No More in 2009…I could go on and on. Been bloody spoilt on that stage with some amazing sets. Royal Blood in 2014 too! That triple header of Lonely the Brave, Marmozets and Royal Blood was so so class. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

More importantly it gave you shelter when it pissed down.

Hahaha remember it pissing down just before Little Boots came on, to a bursting at the seams full tent in 2010ish, to her obvious delight, only for it to quickly empty upon the Sun coming back out about 2 songs in! 🤣

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes secret set? 

21BDA5F9-6C7B-4D25-865F-E6940068C55B.jpeg

Based on the crowd they attracted to the main stage last time, could easily do a pit secret set without any safety worries

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

COVID REQUIREMENTS:

-Full vaccination (14 days prior minimum)

or

- Negative NHS Lateral Flow Test prior to travel on the day of arrival

or

- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival

Looks like we're on! It didn't cross my mind that you'd have to potentially take a new test if you left the site to nip to the shop or whatever

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

COVID REQUIREMENTS:

-Full vaccination (14 days prior minimum)

or

- Negative NHS Lateral Flow Test prior to travel on the day of arrival

or

- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of the festival

Annoying that the test has to be taken on the day of the festival rather than the night before. Also had my 2nd jab booked on 19th August thinking that I would be covered for Reading 😞

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

US-based rapper Arizona Zervas has cancelled an intimate London date at the Lafayette the Tuesday after he is due to play R+L. Probably been mentioned already. Chance it might not be travel related though.

Get Pa Salieu in his place 🤞

6 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Looks like we're on! It didn't cross my mind that you'd have to potentially take a new test if you left the site to nip to the shop or whatever

Does it detail the system of proof. Is it the NHS app or are they going to charge people like Standon?

54 minutes ago, atomised said:

Does it detail the system of proof. Is it the NHS app or are they going to charge people like Standon?

Yeah it’s free on the NHS app. Not read the details but it’s outrageous that Standon are charging £8 a go when there’s literally a free alternative

• Upvote 1