2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Interested to know - is there anyone on the current main stage lineup you couldn't care much less about? i.e The Kid Laroi

Yeah I’ve got a few Stormzy, Mabel, MoStack, Aitch, The Kid Laroi, Becky Hill, Disclosure & Arizona Zervas. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Interested to know - is there anyone on the current main stage lineup you couldn't care much less about? i.e The Kid Laroi

There’s always loads, for everyone, hence multiple stages. Notable ones for me third year - QOTSA, Liam Gallagher, AJ Tracey, TDCC, Disclosure, AITCH, Mabel 

Edited by Benj

4 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Obviously a small sample size but most people tend to be saying the same few acts. I couldn't tell you one song by the likes of Arizona Zervas, MoStack, The Kid Laroi etc but some of them have 100s of millions of plays on Spotify. Had a look on Setlist.fm and The Kid Laroi has only played like two gigs and he'd third on the Main Stage.

Follow-up question: are The Hara just The Hunna 2.0 or is it just me...

12 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Had a look on Setlist.fm and The Kid Laroi has only played like two gigs and he'd third on the Main Stage.

Absolutely massive on Tik Tok and had lots of help and support from Juice Wrld

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Absolutely massive on Tik Tok and had lots of help and support from Juice Wrld

Ah that explains a lot, thanks. It'll be interesting to see if the Tik Tok popularity translates into a decent crowd or people go back to the campsite without the R1 Tent being there as an alternative

51 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Ah that explains a lot, thanks. It'll be interesting to see if the Tik Tok popularity translates into a decent crowd or people go back to the campsite without the R1 Tent being there as an alternative

I should think he will pull a gigantic crowd. 

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

I was hoping that reading tweet was going to be a teaser for a upcoming lineup announcement…

I don't get this line up announcement thing. Its full isnt it other than BBC introducing....

3 minutes ago, Benj said:

I don't get this line up announcement thing. Its full isnt it other than BBC introducing....

I dont know I think we could see some minor additions on other smaller stages to fill it out a bit more. Im more intrigued to see who get removed or changed out to be honest.

10 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I dont know I think we could see some minor additions on other smaller stages to fill it out a bit more. Im more intrigued to see who get removed or changed out to be honest.

I dont think we'll know that for a fair while yet. US artists can go to the EU easily now, UK may well be open to them this time next month, I think they'll wait.

26 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Do you think we have seen the end of R1 stage altogether if they remain with the two main stages going into 2022 or do you think it will make a return? 

I think we've seen the last of the R1 stage in its current form. I like the idea that the second main stage is basically an R1 lineup with a big headliner sat at the top. I'm more bothered about the Pit and FR stages being been merged together, hoping that's just a one-off

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Do you think we have seen the end of R1 stage altogether if they remain with the two main stages going into 2022 or do you think it will make a return? 

I personally think it’s a 1 year thing, and melvin used it as a way around covid restrictions and to get his licences. We all know how much the government emphasises “outdoor is better than indoor” to stop the spread etc. I think all the tents were classed as indoor enclosed spaces. For him to sell the festival as “all outdoor” main spaces must of been a plus.

12 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I'm more bothered about the Pit and FR stages being been merged together

This decision baffles me to this day. R1 replaced by a second main stage- meaning bigger acts I can get behind and somewhat makes sense to me however the pit one is so confusing

3 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

I personally think it’s a 1 year thing, and melvin used it as a way around covid restrictions

This could be fair to say however he has been talking about 2 main stages for a few years and this year, most definitely somewhat down to 2 main stages and 6 headliners, has the festival sold so well and due to that I think he will keep the 2 main stage setup into the future

Edited by nathanh