2021 Lineup

13 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I thought I was weird for spending too long on a festivals forum but that Reddit thread is something else, insane level of detective work/borderline stalking 😂

Tell me about it hahaha, I think they’re right mind looking at what they’ve found but I would love to know who decided to look through the Government website to find info about what’s going on with the band hahahaha

40 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Pretty miserable that people are pinning their hopes on R+L being a pilot event while the USA (and plenty of other countries) have gigs like normal. What will it take for us to fully unlock? 

Can only go off what we know at the moment, which is that R+L won't be a pilot event and will go ahead as a normal festival, restrictions will of ended a month before the gates open and gigs across the country will be happening as normal, whether that actually happens or not is a different question but i'm rolling with it

• Upvote 2

On 6/25/2021 at 10:25 PM, Dukey said:

Presuming this goes ahead, who are the top 5 acts people are looking forward to? For me:

Wolf Alice, Queens, Liam Gallagher, Spiritbox and Sam Fender 

Machine Gun Kelly, Fever 333, KennyHoopla, Yungblud and Ashnikko

On 6/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, foolee said:

It’s going to be LFT or proof of vaccination going forward as it isn’t viable to keep doing PCR tests. If we want to roll this out to every festival and venue that’s how it’ll be. I can’t imagine the work that goes into PCR tests is cheap and they won’t be free forever so it doesn’t make sense to use them for every event which is why latitude isn’t, I’m not sure about what the football and races etc. are currently doing though.

I think you should have to do two LF tests at the same time. They are just too unreliable to take one. For eg. A teacher at kids school did a LF test last sunday, got pinged by a friend who was a confirmed case at 3pm the next day. He booked a PCR for 1630pm and was positive with zero symptoms. The two school years, of which my both my kids are in, had to go home and isolate. 5 more children and 3 parents now positive we believe from that one teacher. 

My wifes a nurse so i have boxes of the LF tests and I do two at the same time.

5 hours ago, wghennessy said:

I think you should have to do two LF tests at the same time. They are just too unreliable to take one. For eg. A teacher at kids school did a LF test last sunday, got pinged by a friend who was a confirmed case at 3pm the next day. He booked a PCR for 1630pm and was positive with zero symptoms. The two school years, of which my both my kids are in, had to go home and isolate. 5 more children and 3 parents now positive we believe from that one teacher. 

My wifes a nurse so i have boxes of the LF tests and I do two at the same time.

Don't say that LF isn't reliable enough on here, you'll get slated for suggesting that even though the results are unanimous. In fact, they are just a pointless test.

18 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Chances of Glass Animals being a late announcement this year? 

Not announced for any festivals either, seems they are just doing their own stuff for this year

On 6/26/2021 at 10:46 PM, thatTFBguy said:

Pretty miserable that people are pinning their hopes on R+L being a pilot event while the USA (and plenty of other countries) have gigs like normal. What will it take for us to fully unlock? 

Very different events, a lot of people go for the day in US, and most people drive to / from events whereas for Reading and Leeds you have lots of people travelling on buses or trains. Plus they care less for people safety over in US and people don't get free treatment, we are more cautious as there is a cost to tax payer via NHS. 

The other thing is whether Reading council will want 90k outsiders arriving into town centre? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

The other thing is whether Reading council will want 90k outsiders arriving into town centre?

They definitely will if it is agreed to be safe to, that weekend makes the whole local area a tonne that they will not want to go without unless they have to

Personally, I think if the results for Latitude are good- then it'll go ahead as normal (with proof of a negative test or vaccination). However, if there is still too many covid cases from these events then I think Melvin will get Reading and Leeds as pilot events with some stricter regulations- seeing as he is already in their good books. 

Edited by loopy11

7 hours ago, loopy11 said:

Personally, I think if the results for Latitude are good- then it'll go ahead as normal (with proof of a negative test or vaccination). However, if there is still too many covid cases from these events then I think Melvin will get Reading and Leeds as pilot events with some stricter regulations- seeing as he is already in their good books. 

This is what I think will likely be the case for R&L this summer

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

DCODE festival in Madrid in September just got cancelled.

They had QOTSA on the line-up.

The band might have pulled out of touring this summer. Can‘t see a one-off gig as it‘s not really financially viable.

I agree with what you are saying but Melvin has stated in the TPD TV interview that Queens and Posty if permitted they are just going to be fly over shows so no production just playing

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I agree with what you are saying but Melvin has stated in the TPD TV interview that Queens and Posty if permitted they are just going to be fly over shows so no production just playing

Yeah after hearing Melvin talk in that TPD interview I think its likely that he and the international headliners are ready to fly over as a one off. However now I think we will see limited/ next to no production for their slot.