2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t see the secret set being Limp Bizkit. Architects makes the most sense right now. 

As much as I like Architects I just don't think they'd please much of the crowd couldn't imagine them being the main secret set or else they'll be massively booed but it wouldnt surprise me if they showed up at the pit or lockup

6 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

As much as I like Architects I just don't think they'd please much of the crowd couldn't imagine them being the main secret set or else they'll be massively booed but it wouldnt surprise me if they showed up at the pit or lockup

Why would they get massively booed? 😂

The ‘main’ secret set is going to have to be on one of those smaller stages because there’s nowhere else they can happen this year. 

7 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I don’t think they’d get booed and weren’t the secret sets BFMV and The Sherlock’s at the last festival? Both of whom are smaller than Architects. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Why would they get massively booed? 😂

The ‘main’ secret set is going to have to be on one of those smaller stages because there’s nowhere else they can happen this year. 

I guess it depends the stage if they announced a main stage secret set and it was them I'd imagine it would go down horribly but if it is at a smaller stage then I'm sure it will be better received

9 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I guess it depends the stage if they announced a main stage secret set and it was them I'd imagine it would go down horribly but if it is at a smaller stage then I'm sure it will be better received

Has there ever been a main stage secret set? Closest I think would be N.E.R.D announced late as special guests a week before the festival but I don't know why there'd be one expected on the main stage.

The general rule of thumb for secret sets is that they would at the very least headline the stage they're on in regular circumstances so would have to be a lot bigger than Architects for sure. Don't see it happening though, nor do I see space for it.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has there ever been a main stage secret set? Closest I think would be N.E.R.D announced late as special guests a week before the festival but I don't know why there'd be one expected on the main stage.

The general rule of thumb for secret sets is that they would at the very least headline the stage they're on in regular circumstances so would have to be a lot bigger than Architects for sure. Don't see it happening though, nor do I see space for it.

Yeah you're probably was right kinda hoping since the NME won't be there this year the main stage would host a secret set cause I'd imagine they still don't want loads of people cramming into a tent for it but it seems more likely it'll be at a smaller stage 

2 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Yeah you're probably was right kinda hoping since the NME won't be there this year the main stage would host a secret set cause I'd imagine they still don't want loads of people cramming into a tent for it but it seems more likely it'll be at a smaller stage 

The Pit Stage would be rammed if Architects turned up, I'd agree that I just can't see it. MS2 on the Catfish day only has six acts confirmed while both main stages every other day have seven acts playing. Could it be? 

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

The Pit Stage would be rammed if Architects turned up, I'd agree that I just can't see it. MS2 on the Catfish day only has six acts confirmed while both main stages every other day have seven acts playing. Could it be? 

The whole point of secret sets are people cramming into a smaller stage.

Nothing But Thieves are opening the main stage so if there were 7 acts on the stage Catfish are headlining, they'd be playing last after Stormzy. I don't think anyone is expecting that.

Just now, dentalplan said:

The whole point of secret sets are people cramming into a smaller stage.

Nothing But Thieves are opening the main stage so if there were 7 acts on the stage Catfish are headlining, they'd be playing last after Stormzy. I don't think anyone is expecting that.

I mean rammed to the point of it being ridiculous - I remember at Disclosure's 2016 headline set in the R1 Tent it was so packed people were climbing over the middle barriers to get out. Genuinely can't remember but was it confirmed that NBT are opening that day? Just seems weird that most other special guests have played 3rd/4th down before

Just now, andyrhodes24 said:

I mean rammed to the point of it being ridiculous - I remember at Disclosure's 2016 headline set in the R1 Tent it was so packed people were climbing over the middle barriers to get out. Genuinely can't remember but was it confirmed that NBT are opening that day? Just seems weird that most other special guests have played 3rd/4th down before

Yeah it was confirmed. Was pointed out earlier in the thread.

They have staff on hand to worry about crowd sizes so you don't have to. But I don't think, looking at this lineup, it's the sort of crowd that would have The Pit rammed for Architects anyway.

Also I know Disclosure were a bit of an unpopular headline choice in 2016 but I didn't realise the R1 stage would be packed to get away from them. 😛

He makes a fair point abojt only being 6 on the Catfish stage, however the fact that NBT are under Stormzy rather than Catfish and are confirmed to open the stage would suggest theres just one less main stage act that day as NBT will get a set equivalent to 2?

I think you’ll see it on the pit or FR anyway, and would agree Architects make the most sense, can still pray for Biffy Clyro tho

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it was confirmed. Was pointed out earlier in the thread.

They have staff on hand to worry about crowd sizes so you don't have to. But I don't think, looking at this lineup, it's the sort of crowd that would have The Pit rammed for Architects anyway.

Also I know Disclosure were a bit of an unpopular headline choice in 2016 but I didn't realise the R1 stage would be packed to get away from them. 😛

Thought so, I could've been here days scrolling back through!

It'd be some atmosphere in the Pit if they did play. There's a gap in the FR tent on the Friday but putting them between those acts would be as random as it gets.

Ah yeah 2014 for Disclosure in the R1, I'm losing my mind here! Steered well clear of them in 2016 as I will this year, spent that night in 2016 watching Pulled Apart By Horses and Maximo Park if memory serves!

I want to see Spiritbox, Ho9909, City Morgue, Cleopatrick, Fever 333, Ashnikko, Bob Vylan, Denzel and Kennyhoopla. 

But I can't see smaller bands travelling over for just this, unless Melvin is paying for the travel and there's next to no stage production, especially when they can play shows to in their own country a lot easier. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I want to see Spiritbox, Ho9909, City Morgue, Cleopatrick, Fever 333, Ashnikko, Bob Vylan, Denzel and Kennyhoopla. 

But I can't see smaller bands travelling over for just this, unless Melvin is paying for the travel and there's next to no stage production, especially when they can play shows to in their own country a lot easier. 

Also, If Alt LDN think Playboi Carti is turning up they're mad. Same with Slump god, Yachty, Skies.

32 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Also, If Alt LDN think Playboi Carti is turning up they're mad. Same with Slump god, Yachty, Skies.

i'm crossing my fingers that Playboi Carti will get announced for R+L, gives him more reason to travel to the UK that weekend, although you're probably right that he wouldn't show up regardless

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

i'm crossing my fingers that Playboi Carti will get announced for R+L, gives him more reason to travel to the UK that weekend, although you're probably right that he wouldn't show up regardless

He has a show in Finland, wouldn't be surprised if he was the special guest.