2021 Lineup

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Do people think this isn’t going ahead? I thought this was pretty likely now...

not sure where you have got this from, with the latitude announcement + download thing its looking very good currently.

1 minute ago, gfa said:

not sure where you have got this from, with the latitude announcement + download thing its looking very good currently.

I was reading some comments above and people seemed nervous - I personally think by August we will be in a very good position. The “youngsters vaccine effect” is coming soon.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I was reading some comments above and people seemed nervous - I personally think by August we will be in a very good position. The “youngsters vaccine effect” is coming soon.

It's difficult to tell yet, Melvyn Benn has deeper pockets than others festivals, looks like he is taking a gamble to me, his attitude to me looks like someone who has thinking if don't get ahead this summer we will lose xx amounts, so let's take a chance and hope by July / August the Government allow events this size to go ahead, worst case we sell out the festival in advance of 2022. 

That's said he is doing everything he can to make sure it happens with pilot events.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm thinking they know to have tents is a risk and not be cleared.

To me it sounds like something they should have sorted when they decided to book six headliners, COVID-related or not. If everyone going returns a negative test as a condition of entry surely it doesn't matter whether they have tents or not as proven by the Blossoms pilot. It's surely just a routine thing

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'm thinking they know to have tents is a risk and not be cleared.

The test event was in a tent and has been deemed successful though, so maybe a different reason. Saves them money if anything and can argue its for covid.

---

No deaths for the first time since March yesterday (although it was Bank Holiday), great news

Gave up on the Kasabian tickets, tried numerous times for Glasgow ones and it kept saying that it couldn’t find any. Could be a blessing in disguise really just in case they don’t work without Tom

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Gave up on the Kasabian tickets, tried numerous times for Glasgow ones and it kept saying that it couldn’t find any. Could be a blessing in disguise really just in case they don’t work without Tom

Managed to get some in Nottingham, no idea why Glasgow sold out so quickly though. I’ve also seen Glasgow tickets for obscene amounts on Viagogo etc.

As a side note, part of me is hoping they play as a secret set at Reading somewhere

4 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Managed to get some in Nottingham, no idea why Glasgow sold out so quickly though. I’ve also seen Glasgow tickets for obscene amounts on Viagogo etc.

As a side note, part of me is hoping they play as a secret set at Reading somewhere

No I don’t really mind it’s not like Royal Blood that I was desperate for. But yh me too

On 6/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

got mine in the presale, brixton tickets sat for hours

On 6/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

Tbh I know what he did but it's not Kasabian without the lead singer. It's the same Blink argument without Tom. Yes usually his voice is awful but you know you've seen the proper Blink.

12 hours ago, gfa said:

got mine in the presale, brixton tickets sat for hours

I had presale signed up for, then completely forgot about it till about 1 o’clock Wednesday at which point all presale was gone

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbh I know what he did but it's not Kasabian without the lead singer. It's the same Blink argument without Tom. Yes usually his voice is awful but you know you've seen the proper Blink.

Decent comparison this, if you’ve not seen blink with Tom, have you really seen blink-182? 

Edited by thatTFBguy

33 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Decent comparison this, if you’ve not seen blink with Tom, have you really seen blink-182? 

Blink with Skiba sounded way better live than two of the three times I saw them with Tom but I agree, it isn’t the same. The problem now is Mark Hoppus. He’s every bit as shit as Tom ever was.

59 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

I had tickets to a smaller academy gig which was cancelled. The next opportunity I think was with Skiba and I just couldn't do it. It's just like GNR with Axl too. Yes he was very shit for a while but he sorted himself out. There isn't many bands I could watch without the lead singer. I did see Blink on their reunion in 2010 at Leeds though. Still my favourite Leeds, I don't think anything will beat that overall. Blink, GNR and The Libs reunion. Pendulum reunion too. So many bands there in their prime that today are kinda just going through the motions maybe. Although I did think All Time Lows last album was okay. Weezer too. 

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I had tickets to a smaller academy gig which was cancelled. The next opportunity I think was with Skiba and I just couldn't do it. It's just like GNR with Axl too. Yes he was very shit for a while but he sorted himself out. There isn't many bands I could watch without the lead singer. I did see Blink on their reunion in 2010 at Leeds though. Still my favourite Leeds, I don't think anything will beat that overall. Blink, GNR and The Libs reunion. Pendulum reunion too. So many bands there in their prime that today are kinda just going through the motions maybe. Although I did think All Time Lows last album was okay. Weezer too. 

Pendulum reunion in 2010? They were at the peak of their powers then 😂

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Pendulum reunion in 2010? They were at the peak of their powers then 😂

I was sure they had a come back for Leeds 2010. Ah well if not, still it was an immense lineup.  34 bands on that lineup I'd have taken time to see. The Guns and Blink day was just band after band main stage. But then I was 23 then. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I was sure they had a come back for Leeds 2010. Ah well if not, still it was an immense lineup.  34 bands on that lineup I'd have taken time to see. The Guns and Blink day was just band after band main stage. But then I was 23 then. 

Yeah, the Saturday at Leeds (Blink day) was my first ever festival; I was 17. It’s still to this day the best day of my life. That Main Stage run was unbelievable. 

Upon reflection, I wish I had gone for the whole weekend.

Edited by Andre91