2021 Lineup

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Thank you! I put: 

Headliners - RATM, Paramore, BMTH, Travis Scott, MCR & Dua Lipa 

Others - Architects, 100 gecs, Tyler The Creator, IDLES, Run The Jewels, Pa Salieu 

I sort of blanked out while doing it, disappointed MCR weren’t on the list tbh

I went with BMTH, Rage, Billie Eilish, Tame Impala, MCR & Slipknot. 

Non headliners - Spanish Love Songs, While She Sleeps, Idles, All Time Low, The Mysterines & L'exquisite Douleur.

From the list they gave for headliners I chose BMTH, Halsey, Slipknot, Rage, Tame Impala & The Killers.

Non headliners from their list I went with Architects, Don Broco, Frank Carter, All Time Low, Idles and Yungblud.

Edited by foolee

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The lineup went down pretty well so I'm surprised most of the talk since is about who will be added. When the lineup is 95% done, as it is now, it's usually just a couple of acts added to the bottom of some stages, isn't it? The types who don't even get an announcement. Competition winners and such.

Is this 95% of the line up...?
If so, this would mean that the second main stage will replace the "Festival republic" stage? Pit/Lock up will operate on Friday and Saturday and rebrand to "Festival republic" for the last day? yes/no?
Also, what's happening to the big tent (BBC 1, old NME) stage? Does this new second main stage replaces this one too?

Sorry If this was discussed before, but I'm kinda lost with this stage setup. I've been twice on the festival ('14 & '17) so things could have changed since. I'm curious to see the updated festival ground map though.

25 minutes ago, r55N said:

Is this 95% of the line up...?
If so, this would mean that the second main stage will replace the "Festival republic" stage? Pit/Lock up will operate on Friday and Saturday and rebrand to "Festival republic" for the last day? yes/no?
Also, what's happening to the big tent (BBC 1, old NME) stage? Does this new second main stage replaces this one too?

Sorry If this was discussed before, but I'm kinda lost with this stage setup. I've been twice on the festival ('14 & '17) so things could have changed since. I'm curious to see the updated festival ground map though.

I don't think it's been confirmed but it's assumed:
* No R1/NME tent this year
* Pit/Lock Up/FR all the same tent - just rebranded each day

On that basis, there's not much left to announce. A few gaps here & there, BBC introducing maybe but that's probably it.

13 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I sort of blanked out while doing it, disappointed MCR weren’t on the list tbh

It’s for 2022, they have their stadium dates rearranged for that summer.

The likes of GNR, Biffy and Green Day likely fall into the same bucket as they’re already confirmed elsewhere for next summer

So for the survey here are the ones I submitted:

Headliners: Rage Against The Machine, Haim, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Tyler, the Creator & Tame Impala

Non-Headliners: Anderson Paak, Years & Years, Doja Cat, Tom Misch, 100 Gecs & Jacob Collier

Headliners (from the list): Rage Against The Machine, Childish Gambino, Tyler, the Creator, Tame Impala, Gorillaz & Frank Ocean

Non-Headliners (from the list):  Easy Life, Rex Orange County, Bastille, Blossoms, Doja Cat and Jorja Smith

I did find it interesting that Royal Blood were listed in both categories.

3 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So for the survey here are the ones I submitted:

Headliners: Rage Against The Machine, Haim, Childish Gambino, Mumford and Sons, Tyler, the Creator & Tame Impala

Non-Headliners: Anderson Paak, Years & Years, Doja Cat, Tom Misch, 100 Gecs & Jacob Collier

Headliners (from the list): Rage Against The Machine, Childish Gambino, Tyler, the Creator, Tame Impala, Gorillaz & Frank Ocean

Non-Headliners (from the list):  Easy Life, Rex Orange County, Bastille, Blossoms, Doja Cat and Jorja Smith

I did find it interesting that Royal Blood were listed in both categories.

This is probably me having zero knowledge of chart music these days but are the likes of Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, J.Cole etc big enough to headline outright over here? Something US-based like Coachella I can see.

For the record I went from the list: BMTH, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Royal Blood and Blur (wtf btw)

Non-headliners: Architects, Royal Blood, Idles, DMA's, Courteeners, Frank Carter

J.Cole is such a weird one to place. One of the biggest names in the rap game and would outright headline any hip hop fest here and most American fests in general but when it comes to R&L he probably hasn’t got the appeal to headline but would look way too out of place subbing/3rd down etc. 

Would say it’s a similar case for someone like Frank Ocean. Easy headline anywhere else but would struggle to justify a headline slot at R&L while being too big for smaller slots

15 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

J.Cole is such a weird one to place. One of the biggest names in the rap game and would outright headline any hip hop fest here and most American fests in general but when it comes to R&L he probably hasn’t got the appeal to headline but would look way too out of place subbing/3rd down etc. 

Would say it’s a similar case for someone like Frank Ocean. Easy headline anywhere else but would struggle to justify a headline slot at R&L while being too big for smaller slots

Acts like those just won’t play R&L. 

18 hours ago, stanh said:

cant remember where i saw it, but i am pretty sure a couple years back halsey was approached to headline (or maybe co/sub), but it clashed with touring plans

I heard similar but that she was offered a sub headliner slot and she refused stating she'd want to headline.

I've just had a look back at the last page or so and put all the eFestivals survey answers in a spreadsheet to count how many times each act got requested to see if it was up to us who we'd have as our 6 headliners and other acts. 

Overwhelmingly, with 12 votes, it looks like most of us would like to see Rage Against the Machine headline in 2022. The next two headliners would be Tame Impala and Bring Me The Horizon with 7 votes each. Then Travis Scott and Arctic Monkeys with 6 and 5 votes each. With the 6th headliner fighting it out between Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Royal Blood and Slipknot who all got 4 votes each. 

RATM, Travis Scott, Arctic Monkeys, BMTH, Tame Impala along with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Royal Blood or Slipknot would be a pretty good and diverse set of headliners for R&L to get.

The only acts that were voted for more than 2 times in the non-headliners were Architects, Doja Cat and Idles. 

Obviously a really small sample but thought it'd be interesting.

6 Headliners: Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar, Rage Against The Machine, Billie Eilish, Arcade Fire, Tame Impala

6 Non Headliners: Freddie Gibbs, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Touché Amoré, Gojira, Sinead O' Brien, The Joy Formidable 

Choose 6: Tame Impala, Lizzo, Blur, Kendrick Lamar, The Strokes, Rage Against The Machine 

Choose 6 Supporting: Idles, Brockhampton, Fontaines DC, Jorja Smith, Joji, Royal Blood

5 hours ago, foolee said:

I've just had a look back at the last page or so and put all the eFestivals survey answers in a spreadsheet to count how many times each act got requested to see if it was up to us who we'd have as our 6 headliners and other acts. 

Overwhelmingly, with 12 votes, it looks like most of us would like to see Rage Against the Machine headline in 2022. The next two headliners would be Tame Impala and Bring Me The Horizon with 7 votes each. Then Travis Scott and Arctic Monkeys with 6 and 5 votes each. With the 6th headliner fighting it out between Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Royal Blood and Slipknot who all got 4 votes each. 

RATM, Travis Scott, Arctic Monkeys, BMTH, Tame Impala along with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Royal Blood or Slipknot would be a pretty good and diverse set of headliners for R&L to get.

The only acts that were voted for more than 2 times in the non-headliners were Architects, Doja Cat and Idles. 

Obviously a really small sample but thought it'd be interesting.

Interesting. I think we will definitely be one of those headliners.