2021 Lineup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56962231

Reading and Leeds, the biggest events left in this summer's calendar, are sold out. Asked whether they could happen without government insurance, Benn shrugged and gave no comment.

I don't think Festival Republic depend on it as much as other events do, but at the same time he's hardly going to say "we don't need insurance" when they eyes of the British live events industry are on this event.

Seeing the gig last night has gave me enough hope to now be 99% sure we get gigs back fully on 21st june. I was sceptical before but I’m convinced now. Depending on what these stats look like this coming week I’m hoping my thoughts on festivals will be the same

was at the event last night because i'm lucky enough to be a student in Liverpool, fair to say it's given me so much more hope for this summer, i was already optimistic but last night was an absolute dream, felt so good to be back in a crowd and the atmosphere was electric, hope those who missed it are able to attend a gig soon whenever that may be

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Anyone else worried about this? He seemed really confident before

obviously he'll be optimistic but he can't give a definite yes when asked, otherwise IF it is cancelled the blame of disappointed attendees will be pointed at him for flat out saying it would be happening. Nothing is certain but with the way things are going it looks like it'll be on this summer, especially if the events this weekend had no effect on cases

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

4 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

obviously he'll be optimistic but he can't give a definite yes when asked, otherwise IF it is cancelled the blame of disappointed attendees will be pointed at him for flat out saying it would be happening. Nothing is certain but with the way things are going it looks like it'll be on this summer, especially if the events this weekend had no effect on cases

We'll find out properly after the bank holiday I guess. But as people said that it was May 10th they cancelled last year. I don't think it'll be that early if it happened 

1 hour ago, iistroudley said:

Any idea when they get the data back about the pilot events? I read this friday coming but that seems to early

everyone that attended has five days to complete a test at home and mail it back to them, so once they've received all the tests and collected the data i'm sure they'll release some information

the test after the event at home is non-mandatory as they have no way of enforcing it after the event has taken place so i assume a lot of people won't participate though unfortunately

17 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

everyone that attended has five days to complete a test at home and mail it back to them, so once they've received all the tests and collected the data i'm sure they'll release some information

the test after the event at home is non-mandatory as they have no way of enforcing it after the event has taken place so i assume a lot of people won't participate though unfortunately

Cheers mate, baffles me why people wouldn’t want to participate sadly. The data is what they need to make yesterday a normality once again! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iistroudley said:

Cheers mate, baffles me why people wouldn’t want to participate sadly. The data is what they need to make yesterday a normality once again! 

I’m really struggling to get into the mindset of someone who goes to a test event then says ‘nah, I’ve been now and had my fun so I’m not going to bother helping the organisers of the test make this type of event the norm again, even though that was the whole point of the test event’

Edited by rivalschools.price

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Anyone getting Royal Blood tickets today?

Yeah got them for Leeds - that new album is unreal - love the fact they've tried something a bit different and it really works - but not lost their identity

17 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Yeah got them for Leeds - that new album is unreal - love the fact they've tried something a bit different and it really works - but not lost their identity

Yup same just got 2 for Glasgow, so fingers crossed I get into the uni 😂😂. But yh I love it too, number one this year for me by a country mile

46 minutes ago, Dukey said:

I've got tickets for Leeds. Can't wait for it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going for the old stuff. The singles from this album are the classic RB heavy hitters but I can't shake the disco synth vibe as much as I try