2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I'm a massive slowthai fan but his cover for radio 1 live lounge is really poor. At least he tried something different I guess

Lewis Evans from Black Country, New Road on the sax for him too, not surprised to see an artist picking a song that is far from their usual genre though.. sometimes it works (Slaves - Shutdown) sometimes it's as bad as this one (Biffy - WAP)

7 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Lewis Evans from Black Country, New Road on the sax for him too, not surprised to see an artist picking a song that is far from their usual genre though.. sometimes it works (Slaves - Shutdown) sometimes it's as bad as this one (Biffy - WAP)

Yeah I'm glad he gave it a go at least. You never know if he keeps working on his singing he could definitely take future albums in completely new directions

42 minutes ago, VCK said:

Wolf Alice basically playing 5th down, they're bigger than that.

Yeah does seem low, especially considering they were even being touted as a possibly step-in headliner by some on here, but maybe they were just happy to play? Got new stuff to promote so might as well hop on to one of the first festival lineups that might actually get to go ahead this year.

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah does seem low, especially considering they were even being touted as a possibly step-in headliner by some on here, but maybe they were just happy to play? Got new stuff to promote so might as well hop on to one of the first festival lineups that might actually get to go ahead this year.

Thought they couldve slotted in easily as a Capaldi replacement and be seen as an equal no worries by the attending audience. 

it’s hard to gauge otherwise at the mo quite how to rank slots with the new format. 

Is 5th on a 14 band main stage lineup bigger than R1 headliner 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is 3rd on the ‘main main’ stage better than 2nd in the 2nd main stage?

I suspect Wolf Alice may have been a late addition thanks to cancellations elsewhere. They were obv gonna do Glastonbury, maybe they had a big slot planned for elsewhere too that never came to fruition thanks to COVID. 

They seemed like such an obvious inclusion, it makes little sense for them not to be added earlier, unless they especially requested to be added later to help promo their new work

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Architects for a Pit secret set. I’m absolutely dead set on that now. 

Or that remaining main stage slot...does seem mad they’re there and not also at Reading given the other crossovers and FR booking it

Yeah in regards to Wolf Alice's placing I think it's spot on. Got a bit of a vacuum on here when it comes to music taste. I can't see Wolf Alice headlining anytime soon yeah their tour is pretty extensive but they're still only playing to 2 - 5K people a night. I imagine they'll announce a one off Arena show once there Jan 22 tour is done to try to push them in to bigger venues. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Really hoping and praying these test events in Liverpool go well and don't see a increase in cases I need live music back in my life 

First events in sport were a success but they were distanced, masked etc. These events I think determine if all goes back to normal in July in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, iistroudley said:

First events in sport were a success but they were distanced, masked etc. These events I think determine if all goes back to normal in July in my opinion. 

Same here mate I'm worried but also optimistic of Normal life returning and they all had to have a negative test before entering the venue last night 

Hoping Disclosure bring a couple of hours after Slowthai means he’ll come out for My High. Any other guesses for who they might bring out? London Grammar are on the tour circuit and playing day before in London (ha) so maybe them? Maybe Fatou Diawara because I wouldn’t be surprised if she was in the UK for the Gorillaz shows?

Can’t imagine any others sadly because they largely collaborate with American acts.

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan