2021 Lineup

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh, only just seen that isn't confirmed. I thought that 1pt writing to the left said 'very special openers'.

But yeah I assume so because of their placement on the poster anyway. Any special guests in the middle of the run before like Lewis Capaldi have been placed in the middle, whereas special guest openers like Enter Shikari have been slapped at the bottom. So not 100% but I'd expect as much.

That font is comically small.

I agree but Enter Shikari never opened, which was weird. Their placing on the poster definitely implied it. Still a weird design choice. 

But yeah, I’m expecting NBT to open. Great booking if that’s where they play. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I'm saying they'd be 7th down and opening. Either way I think NBT's set length accounts for two lower-down acts' set lengths so there shouldn't be a secret set or late addition to the main stage.

Agreed, which to me means that we've got no more acts to be added to the main stage on any day

6 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but do we find out the performance times when we arrive on site and buy a program /languard or are they announced a few weeks before the event happens? 

They’re usually announced a couple of days before the festival starts 🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but do we find out the performance times when we arrive on site and buy a program /languard or are they announced a few weeks before the event happens? 

nothing is set in stone until you have a programme but people are able to use past line-ups to theorise times, here's a rough idea: https://clashfinder.com/s/read21/ thanks to @Newjem

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ives562 said:

Thanks guys 🙂 will be my first time at Reading and one of the best lineups for a long time feeling positive it will go ahead to this year 🙂

you're going to have a great time! unfortunately i've missed a few years in the past but i'm not making that mistake again, it's by far my favourite festival in the country (Leeds here, having been Reading before though it's also great) glad you're feeling positive though, love to see that on these forums after such a gloomy year

• Like 1

As one of the older Reading Festival patrons, I'd be lying if I said this lineup was exactly up my street but there's still plenty I'm keen to see. They've done a great job particularly under the circumstances.

Based on the early clashfinder, I'm thinking:

Fri: Kara Marni - Wallows - Sports Team - Bad Nerves - Tia Carys - Nothing but Thieves - Mabel - Sam Fender - Ashnikko - Catfish & the Bottlemen - Stormzy

Sat: Noisy - Kennyhoopla - Alfie Templeman - Bob Vylan - Becky Hill - Sigrid -  Slowthai - City Morgue - Two Door Cinema Club - Creeper - Post Malone

Sun: Nation of Language - Denzel Curry - Bad Boy Chiller Crew - Sophie & the Giants - Yungblud - Wolf Alice - Gerry Cinnamon - Queens of the Stone Age - Liam Gallagher

Would be very happy if it turns out like that.

35 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

As one of the older Reading Festival patrons, I'd be lying if I said this lineup was exactly up my street but there's still plenty I'm keen to see. They've done a great job particularly under the circumstances.

Based on the early clashfinder, I'm thinking:

Fri: Kara Marni - Wallows - Sports Team - Bad Nerves - Tia Carys - Nothing but Thieves - Mabel - Sam Fender - Ashnikko - Catfish & the Bottlemen - Stormzy

Sat: Noisy - Kennyhoopla - Alfie Templeman - Bob Vylan - Becky Hill - Sigrid -  Slowthai - City Morgue - Two Door Cinema Club - Creeper - Post Malone

Sun: Nation of Language - Denzel Curry - Bad Boy Chiller Crew - Sophie & the Giants - Yungblud - Wolf Alice - Gerry Cinnamon - Queens of the Stone Age - Liam Gallagher

Would be very happy if it turns out like that.

Same here, there's definitely some good acts in this lineup. Some early clashes I'd be gutted about (CATB and Boston Manor) but if it works out like the below I'll be chuffed:

FRI: The Struts – The Hunna – Neck Deep - KSI - Bad Boy Chiller Crew – Machine Gun Kelly - Yungblud - Wolf Alice - Gerry Cinnamon - Queens of the Stone Age - Liam Gallagher

SAT: Nothing But Thieves – Demob Happy – Bad Nerves - Sports Team – Sea Girls - Wargasm – Nova Twins - Sam Fender - Catfish & the Bottlemen – Boston Manor - Gallows

SUN: Fever 333 – Bob Vylan - IDKHOW – Beabadoobee -  Cleopatrick - Spiritbox - City Morgue – The Wombats – TDCC - Creeper – Fever 333 - Post Malone

They've pulled it out the bag with the Pit/Lock Up this year.

Machine Gun Kelly made his return to live shows with crowds at the weekend and played pretty much the whole of Tickets To My Downfall and has today announced a US tour for September in support of the album so I think we will be getting most, if not all, of the album during his R&L sets 😄 

His production was decent too (he had loads of CO2 and pyro). 

I am stupidly excited for his set. 

• Upvote 2

Friday - wallows ( never knew lead singer is from 13 reasons why) - Sports Team - JC Stewart - Sea girls - Declan Mckenna - Nothing But Thieves- Aitch - Sam fender, aj Tracey, catfish and the bottlemen, stormzy 

Saturday - 

The hara, Fever 333, Alfie templeman, becky Hill, the kid laroi, the wombats, two door cinema club, creeper, post malone 

Sunday - Niko B, bad boy chiller Crew, KSI, Tom grennan, yungblud, baby Queen, machine gun Kelly, digga D, Liam Gallagher 

this is how my weekend is going to be looking according to the clashfinder.

FRIDAY: Wallows - Sports Team - Declan McKenna - Nothing But Thieves - Aitch - Nova Twins - Sam Fender - AJ Tracey - Catfish and the Bottlemen - STORMZY

SATURDAY: Kennyhoopla - Easy Life - IDK but they found me - Becky Hill - Sigrid - Slowthai - The Kid Laroi - The Wombats - Two Door Cinema Club - Disclosure - Post Malone

SUNDAY: The Struts - Denzel Curry - Niko B - Neck Deep or Bad Boy Chiller Crew - KSI - Arizona Zervas - Tom Grennan - Yungblud - Wolf Alice - Machine Gun Kelly - Gerry Cinnamon - Queens of the Stone Age - Liam Gallagher

40 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but the FR tent is all female / bands that include females - assuming it’s intentional? 🧐

Yeah I think @dentalplanpicked up on this.

Surprised they've not made a bigger deal out of it given the criticism they usually get. They'll get accusations of it being performative, of course, but it probably is so may as well highlight it.

8 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yeah I think @dentalplanpicked up on this.

Surprised they've not made a bigger deal out of it given the criticism they usually get. They'll get accusations of it being performative, of course, but it probably is so may as well highlight it.

Yeah they've had heavy criticism so i'm surprised they haven't - it's good to see - all the acts on that stage are excellent and there's so much female talent out there atm - Lucy Blue and Nation of Language in particular are great

Bit late to it but here is how my festival is looking so far (will change once more are added/i listen to some of the pit stage and end up falling in love with them)

Friday: Wallows- Sports Team- Sea Girls- Declan McKenna- Nothing But Thieves- Nova Twins- Sam Fender- Catfish

Saturday: The Academic- Kenny Hoopla- Alfie Templeman- Thomas Headon- Oliver Tree- Slowthai- The Wombats- Two Door- Disclosure- Fever 333

Sunday: Denzel Curry- The Hunna (if i can be bothered)- Neck Deep- KSI- Tom Grennan- Yungblud- MGK- LG

If anyone can recommended anyone from the pit for me to listen to that would be great! 

23 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Bit late to it but here is how my festival is looking so far (will change once more are added/i listen to some of the pit stage and end up falling in love with them)

Friday: Wallows- Sports Team- Sea Girls- Declan McKenna- Nothing But Thieves- Nova Twins- Sam Fender- Catfish

Saturday: The Academic- Kenny Hoopla- Alfie Templeman- Thomas Headon- Oliver Tree- Slowthai- The Wombats- Two Door- Disclosure- Fever 333

Sunday: Denzel Curry- The Hunna (if i can be bothered)- Neck Deep- KSI- Tom Grennan- Yungblud- MGK- LG

If anyone can recommended anyone from the pit for me to listen to that would be great! 

Cleopatrick and YONAKA

29 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Spiritbox, Wargasm & City Morgue.