2021 Lineup

11 hours ago, TownNation said:

I love it 😍 18 acts I’ve pulled out that I wanna see so I’m happy. Some will clash but FEVER 333 closing the Leeds side of festival on the Pit is everything so I’m already happy. 

See you in there mate, should be a lively end to the weekend to say the least!

11 hours ago, Buko said:

How in the world is Kennyhoopla playing the dance stage!? Felt my emo fringe start growing back the second I pressed play. 

They have done this before - put non-dance acts on early on the dance stage.  Flawes are on one of the other days. 

Yh too me it almost feels like they’ve combined R1 acts with Dance Stage acts. People like Niko B and Kennyhoopla one would assume would play what used to be the R1. 
its almost when you look at the poster, that the top line is al dance acts to close out the stage and the bottom line is all “other” acts, that don’t really fit on any other stages with no FR all weekend. I’m all for it, I think BBCC will be incredible in there, but I’m worried that if the clash finder is correct they’ll clash with KSI, and that’s an almost impossible decision 😂😂

22 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh too me it almost feels like they’ve combined R1 acts with Dance Stage acts. People like Niko B and Kennyhoopla one would assume would play what used to be the R1. 
its almost when you look at the poster, that the top line is al dance acts to close out the stage and the bottom line is all “other” acts, that don’t really fit on any other stages with no FR all weekend.

Somewhat true but they’ve had anomalous acts in there forever. Looking at just 2018 (chose one at random) they had Gengahr, Noname, Jimothy Lacoste, Hilltop Hoods, Now Now and Get Cape Wear Cape Fly.

25 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

its almost when you look at the poster, that the top line is al dance acts to close out the stage and the bottom line is all “other” acts, that don’t really fit on any other stages with no FR all weekend. I’m all for it, I think BBCC will be incredible in there, but I’m worried that if the clash finder is correct they’ll clash with KSI, and that’s an almost impossible decision 😂😂

Haha I was the same mate but if clash finder is correct i think it's only their last 10 minutes that clash I believe 

I think this lineup is about ‘for me’ as I’d have expected if you said to me that there was one stage for the entire cabal of rock music. 😆 Some acts I love nonetheless but way past attending now.

But it’s strong, particularly for the circumstances. Glad it’s going down well and that they’re moving with the times. At least R+L have eschewed rock music in a way that didn’t open the door for any old shite like V did.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Somewhat true but they’ve had anomalous acts in there forever. Looking at just 2018 (chose one at random) they had Gengahr, Noname, Jimothy Lacoste, Hilltop Hoods, Now Now and Get Cape Wear Cape Fly.

Yh fair enough I guess, I like the idea, might spend a bit of time in there this year

18 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Haha I was the same mate but if clash finder is correct i think it's only their last 10 minutes that clash I believe 

Still, can’t be at the back for KSI, and I’d be gutted if he opened with an older song and I missed it

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think this lineup is about ‘for me’ as I’d have expected if you said to me that there was one stage for the entire cabal of rock music. 😆 Some acts I love nonetheless but way past attending now.

But it’s strong, particularly for the circumstances. Glad it’s going down well and that they’re moving with the times. At least R+L have eschewed rock music in a way that didn’t open the door for any old shite like V did.

I agree, I’m personally incredibly happy with it, there’s plenty of people every day that I’m eager to see, but also my mates, who have completely different taste to me are happy too, think the balance is perfect this year between like grime/rap/r&b stuff to indie/rock/metal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

I wonder if The Vaccines will show up anywhere with a secret set etc. 

I fully expected to see them on the lineup.

They have new music soon supposedly and an album on the way, 10 years of their first album was this year too. Plus, with their name itself, can really see a secret set from them, possibly that gap in the main stage ?

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Is it just me that thinks they are holding back a couple of “bigger names”. I feel like it would build more hype closer to the event and surely there must be some starpower in the next lineup to get people talking- right? 

Not usually. We normally have a lot of the lineup by now and we usually get smaller acts and smaller stages (BBC Intro, Comedy etc) announced closer to the time. 

There’s no room for ‘big name’ artists left. 

28 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Is it just me that thinks they are holding back a couple of “bigger names”. I feel like it would build more hype closer to the event and surely there must be some starpower in the next lineup to get people talking- right? 

It might be one of the only festivals going ahead this summer. I think that is enough to talk about and creates enough of its own hype.

54 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Surprised by the lack of Pale and Circa Waves, especially the latter. Although they have a tour for August so perhaps they want to sell that first?

I don’t think we’ll see anymore big names but one or two medium sized for Friday, like Circa Waves level to link to the above.

I think those acts will just be doing Truck, Y Not, Kendal, etc. this year and maybe R+L the next if there's space. Seems like those festivals are in competition with R+L nowadays, being pitched towards some of the audience but with little actual crossover.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think those acts will just be doing Truck, Y Not, Kendal, etc. this year and maybe R+L the next if there's space. Seems like those festivals are in competition with R+L nowadays, being pitched towards some of the audience but with little actual crossover.

These acts probably have a better chance of getting a headline booking at these sorts of festivals too. 

1 hour ago, sameimpala said:

Any thoughts about glass animals showing up somewhere? would go down well with heat waves still in the charts and all, were great last time around.

I think they’re probably too big to slot in anywhere on this lineup now

would love to see them tho as they’re my favourite band but not optimistic for here. Just hoping they show up at boardmasters now as that’s the other festival I’m going to this summer 

Edited by Will b

2 hours ago, sameimpala said:

Any thoughts about glass animals showing up somewhere? would go down well with heat waves still in the charts and all, were great last time around.

I feel the only chance would be as ‘a special guest’ like Lewis Capaldi given he hasn’t seem to have been given an obvious replacement and others have merely been bumped up. That seems unlikely though.

Just no space to add acts like Glass Animals and Circa Waves now, is there? There might potentially be an extra act on Saturday to balance out those numbers but it will just be someone added to the bottom. Or, more likely, there is one less that day because the openers NBT will play a longer set than an opener normally would.

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just no space to add acts like Glass Animals and Circa Waves now, is there? There might potentially be an extra act on Saturday to balance out those numbers but it will just be someone added to the bottom. Or, more likely, there is one less that day because the openers NBT will play a longer set than an opener normally would.

Ooh, are NBT opening? If so, that’s a brilliant booking to get people in the arena early. 

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ooh, are NBT opening? If so, that’s a brilliant booking to get people in the arena early. 

Oh, only just seen that isn't confirmed. I thought that 1pt writing to the left said 'very special openers'.

But yeah I assume so because of their placement on the poster anyway. Any special guests in the middle of the run before like Lewis Capaldi have been placed in the middle, whereas special guest openers like Enter Shikari have been slapped at the bottom. So not 100% but I'd expect as much.

Just a quick q about Ticketmaster resale, has anyone been successful in getting tickets this way? I’m looking for one Reading weekend ticket.

Also, when I do go on Ticketmaster resale two tickets show up, and when I click them I get the message ‘sorry this ticket is no longer available.’ However, the tickets remain there after I refresh. Guessing it’s just a glitch?