2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Which artists from todays announcement do you recommend checking out?  

What he said. 

In desperate need of some recommendations. For reference I'm gona see LG, QOTSA, CATB, Denzel Curry, Two Door, Wombats, Bebabedoo so far but I'm game for any genre. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, nathanh said:

What @stanh said + Noisy and Yonaka (even though I don't like their new stuff, they're great live) and if you're looking for some electronic music then I strongly recommend Koven because this set is proper quality.

Edited by Newjem

18 minutes ago, Buko said:

What he said. 

In desperate need of some recommendations. For reference I'm gona see LG, QOTSA, CATB, Denzel Curry, Two Door, Wombats, Bebabedoo so far but I'm game for any genre. 

You'll probably enjoy sea girls and Declan McKenna and definitely give Wallows a go as well

44 minutes ago, Newjem said:

What @stanh said + Noisy and Yonaka (even though I don't like their new stuff, they're great live) and if you're looking for some electronic music then I strongly recommend Koven because this set is proper quality.

You don’t like Yonakas new stuff, I think Seize the Power is proper good tbf. But Yh they’re brilliant live saw them at the Hexagon in Reading supporting the Amazons and was blown away

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Demon Happy too

6 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Realistically who else do we think could rock up. They’ve said many more to be announced but the lineup looks pretty full considering there’s no R1

I think we could see a few more smaller acts and then a couple of “bigger” acts closer to the festival. 

Edited by nathanh

What are the stand out acts people are looking forward to see, regardless of genre?

I’m pretty happy with the lineup, but there’s so so many acts and although I’ll get through them eventually I want to know what people thing the sets of the weekend will be?

Edited by Jack.194

29 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You don’t like Yonakas new stuff, I think Seize the Power is proper good tbf. But Yh they’re brilliant live saw them at the Hexagon in Reading supporting the Amazons and was blown away

Needs more guitars and less Poppy influence imho. I hope it's just a one time thing and not some kind of a new direction because I really liked Don't Wait 'Til Tomorrow...

8 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What are the stand out acts people are looking forward to see, regardless of genre?

I’m pretty happy with the lineup, but there’s so so many acts and although I’ll get through them eventually I want to know what people thing the sets of the weekend will be?

Machine Gun Kelly 

City Morgue 

QOTSA 

Spiritbox

KennyHoopla 

Denzel Curry 

Slowthai 

Beabadoobee 

Creeper 

KSI

58 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I'm looking forward to Tom grennan 

Mgk

Yungblud 

Alfie templeman 

Aj Tracey 

Stormzy

Catfish and the bottlemen 

Fever 333

Creeper 

Kenny hoopla 

So, assuming that’s it, or at least will be it once the last few missing slots are ID’d, how many bands have we lost compared to a ‘normal’ Reading?

...and, obviously, without having experienced it yet, what do you want think you’ll prefer. Old Reading or new Reading?

I think I’ll prefer the old format. While I suspect on paper, the bands I see will be ‘stronger’ (read bigger) as a whole, I think a lot of the seeing smaller acts ina. More initiate venue, even being the MASSIVE R1 tent will be lost, as will the prestige of main stage spot

I’m an old fart, done 25ish Readings on the bounce, I’m up for change though and not going to poo poo it before I’ve done it and looking forward to something different. If there is a consensus that the larger variety beats the more concentrated lineup, on a smaller variety of stages, I hope they take it on board and change back in a what you assume will be a more normal year. 

...and obv vice versa, if everyone loves this new format, they don’t go back!