2021 Lineup

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Melvin sounding like he has cold feet isn’t great. Pretty sure he’d say the festival is still going ahead until the very end.

Timing of Latitude isn't great though. Naturally he'd be more sheepish about that one. As you can tell I'm pretty confident R+L will go ahead but Latitude I'm less convinced of. It certainly hinges more on the success of the trial, and a successful trial will go some way to convincing people that Latitude will go ahead as planned and encourage sales.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They are an events company. They risk losing money all the time. They have sold almost 200k tickets so the reward’s pretty high and they’re gauging the risk right now.

The insurance Boomtown wanted will not happen. R+L will be working to mitigate the risk with the pilot and feeling out testing so it can proceed without it. The risk’s always gonna be there but R+L can manage a lot more of it than an independent fest like Boomtown.

I fully understand that but ultimate they are still a business and that will come first.

17 hours ago, wghennessy said:

I fully understand that but ultimate they are still a business and that will come first.

Ultimately yes, they will have a risk threshold, there is no evidence as yet that these events won’t be able to go ahead as planned though, or that this threshold is close to being tested. 

The government plan is in place, numbers are being hit (at this stage), so that will be a big green tick in that box. 

These pilot events will be another hurdle, they go well and they’re on to the next step, they go badly and they will no doubt reassess things. Meanwhile they’ll also be learning loads, find out what’s working what won’t and how to scale things up to Reading

There is no point commiting to contracts, lineups etc when they don’t have to. Every festival cancelling in the meantime strengthens their hand on this point. ‘Oh look Boomtowns headliners 👀 are suddenly free’. 

There’s really no point in speculating about anything until after the pilot event and the next opening milestone

numbers are looking good  we should be positive right now 

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Modern Glitch turned 10 today, would love to see that in full come August seeing as they only really play Tokyo and Techno Fan from that album.

Hold that thought, we have an announcement to hype up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Ok. Name predictions. I know two days ago we decided to stop. But now its a whole new story. So final guesses. 

There will be an R1, so Fender and Rex. Plus Wolf Alice, Architects, YMA6 and Pale Waves. Then a few smaller acts like Vistas, the Magic Gang etc.

And, a bit of a wild guess this one, Tom Grennan anyone?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quorn said:

For the sake of my exams I’ll leave this forum alone until the announcement, here we go lads

A Levels?
Coz yh should really do the same, just answered 1 of 7 questions on my Integration topic test