2021 Lineup

18 hours ago, nathanh said:

Good question I thought the exact same

So because I'm not going it means I can't be on here. I'm technically not going to any festival until I actually am.

18 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Don’t you start being an arsehole to my man Tom

If people don't post silly comments they wouldn't get silly comments back.

2 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

This could be accurate but lets stay positive. And just share what we are looking forward to?

Curly fries with that liquid nacho cheese shit chucked all over them. That’s what I’m looking forward to. I always get it and I hate it at first but with each mouthful it gets better and better. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Why don't we get back to talking about the festival?

Because if we start talking about the festival again, someone will ask whether the R1 is a thing, who will be added, when will we get the next announcement or who are you most looking forward to. Best thing to do is ignore this threads existence for now

Edited by Gerard the Fab

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Because if we start talking about the festival again, someone will ask whether the R1 is a thing, who will be added, when will we get the next announcement or who are you most looking forward to. Best thing to do is ignore this threads existence for now

On the plus side, we don't have to argue about the number of main stages.

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

On the plus side, we don't have to argue about the number of main stages.

Was going to pose the idea of 3 for 2023 but ho hum

Edited by Gerard the Fab

47 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Boomtown in August has been cancelled... thoughts?

It is certainly bad news for Boomtown Fair.

As they say in the cancellation, they are an independent festival that can't afford to lose a ten-figure sum by proceeding without insurance and cancelling. The risk appetite for FR is larger and, depending on what the first of those eight figures are, R+L probably could afford to lose it. 

Melvin is working with the govt. on demonstrating that an event can be run with testing and no social distancing so obviously he's prepared to fight for it. It's tough for Boomtown and I am sure they made the right decision for their own survival but it's a different ball game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

As they say in the cancellation, they are an independent festival that can't afford to lose a ten-figure sum by proceeding without insurance and cancelling. The risk appetite for FR is larger and, depending on what the first of those eight figures are, R+L probably could afford to lose it. 

Melvin is working with the govt. on demonstrating that an event can be run with testing and no social distancing so obviously he's prepared to fight for it. It's tough for Boomtown and I am sure they made the right decision for their own survival but it's a different ball game.

10 figure sum. Gulp. A billion quid to put on Boomtown, no wonder they’ve pulled the plug!

Completely agree Reading is a different ballgame, one other problem these smaller festivals will have now too is securing relevant artists. With foreign bands, esp smaller ones likely not traveling and demand for UK based ones no doubt increased due to it, you’d assume Reading etc... will be hovering them all up

• Like 1

Whether they could afford to lose it isnt really the point. Its whether or not they want that risk.

They are after all a business and it will be a business decision. If there is any risk they will lose a substantial amount of money they will pull it.

I agree with all of this, but they say an 8-figure sum.

10-figure would be £1Billion which is quite insane.

Latitude posted an update explaining that they are delaying the release of their lineup until after the Blossoms' pilot show.  Melvin's statement reads "I felt it better that I announce the line up when we have the even greater certainty of that event and our learning from it under our belt." (https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/an-update-from-melvin-benn/)

Might be a similar story for Reading & Leeds.

18 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Latitude posted an update explaining that they are delaying the release of their lineup until after the Blossoms' pilot show.  Melvin's statement reads "I felt it better that I announce the line up when we have the even greater certainty of that event and our learning from it under our belt." (https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/an-update-from-melvin-benn/)

Might be a similar story for Reading & Leeds.

I saw this yesterday but weren't sure if already posted lol, I feel it will be the same for reading and leeds as both festival republic events and gives them more time to know which bands /artists they can have perform and know if any can travel over 

2 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Whether they could afford to lose it isnt really the point. Its whether or not they want that risk.

They are after all a business and it will be a business decision. If there is any risk they will lose a substantial amount of money they will pull it.

They are an events company. They risk losing money all the time. They have sold almost 200k tickets so the reward’s pretty high and they’re gauging the risk right now.

The insurance Boomtown wanted will not happen. R+L will be working to mitigate the risk with the pilot and feeling out testing so it can proceed without it. The risk’s always gonna be there but R+L can manage a lot more of it than an independent fest like Boomtown.

• Upvote 2