2021 Lineup

10 hours ago, Ives562 said:

I really don't understand why your being so negative it's almost like you don't want reading and leeds to happen it's almost like you are on this forum just to try and give no one anything to look forward to 

I'm just a realist and are the effects of longer term. I'd rather not expect it. Reading I'm not attending but I am attending an event or due to that weekend elsewhere so I'd rather things were going ahead. But do I want to go through every test and procedure out there to get into it? Not really.

7 hours ago, Quorn said:

You said Reading will survive as if that meant the area wouldn’t do everything possible to get the festival to go ahead? If you take a compelling argument from that then fill your boots mate😂

No Reading will survive due to it's large brand and backing etc etc. If the council etc don't see the info they want to then it won't. And as I said, we are hosting a major sporting event on June 26th and only allowing 22k fans in.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I'm just a realist and are the effects of longer term. I'd rather not expect it. Reading I'm not attending but I am attending an event or due to that weekend elsewhere so I'd rather things were going ahead. But do I want to go through every test and procedure out there to get into it? Not really.

No Reading will survive due to it's large brand and backing etc etc. If the council etc don't see the info they want to then it won't. And as I said, we are hosting a major sporting event on June 26th and only allowing 22k fans in.

Surly if you want to go to a event that badly and they say you need a test to to then surly it's worth it to take one or 2 tests over the weekend, you surly knew this when you booked up your ticket that it would be a possibility 

Okay that’s my misunderstanding there, I thought you meant the Reading area. But even so, my point still stands that the council will do everything they can to work with FR to get the festival to go ahead, simply because of the money it brings into the area. Obviously they won’t put people at risk for it, but they’ll be working hard to get safety precautions implemented

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You do realise Reading is 2 months after June 26th don’t you?

At the moment you can only meet with 6 people outside. In 2 months time you’re saying 3,666 times as many people can meet. Assuming a similar increas between June 26th and August 26th, that would mean Reading’s capacity would need to be set to...... *does maths* .....80,600,000. 

Edited by Benj
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Surly if you want to go to a event that badly and they say you need a test to to then surly it's worth it to take one or 2 tests over the weekend, you surly knew this when you booked up your ticket that it would be a possibility 

That's the thing. I'm closer to the side of I'd rather not have to do that and it be done with more normality.

Nope these tickets are what were booked before and moved back so the need for entry from them is a different situation.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

You do realise Reading is 2 months after June 26th don’t you?

At the moment you can only meet with 6 people outside. In 2 months time you’re saying 3,666 times as many people can meet. Assuming a similar increas between June 26th and August 26th, that would mean Reading’s capacity would need to be set to...... *does maths* .....80,600,000. 

Yes. You do also realise that it needs to be approved that the semi final on July 6th can have 44k fans or Reading doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by thewayiam

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's the thing. I'm closer to the side of I'd rather not have to do that and it be done with more normality.

Nope these tickets are what were booked before and moved back so the need for entry from them is a different situation.

Yes. You do also realise that it needs to be approved that the semi final on July 6th can have 44k fans or Reading doesn't stand a chance.

The thing is you don't know that for sure and no one does. I get your stance on it and saying you're being realistic but it's more pessimistic rather than realism for me. It feels like you're really trying to bring people's hopes down and it's quite depressing. I think if people want to hope and believe festivals/gigs can happen this summer then they should keep this hope as that's all people have at the moment, hope. I know that's the case for me anyway. It's keeping me going because of the shit year we've had.

For me I find it bizarre how someone can love live music and not want to do a test or show they've been vaccinated to make shows happen this year, I'd 100% take a test or show I've been vaccinated to go to a gig/festival this summer. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, foolee said:

For me I find it bizarre how someone can love live music and not want to do a test or show they've been vaccinated to make shows happen this year, I'd 100% take a test or show I've been vaccinated to go to a gig/festival this summer. 

His comments highlight that he clearly doesn’t love live music that much if getting a rapid test and flashing a piece of card to say you’ve had a vaccine is too much of an inconvenience. 

I would genuinely snort the vaccine out of Melvin Benn’s navel if it meant getting into the festival this year. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 5

On 4/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, TheWaters said:

Shambala festival cancelled which is the same weekend as R&L. With no insurance in sight still from the government and that being the major hurdle for festivals to be able to happen this summer it’s not surprising to see smaller independent festivals cancelling. I assume R&L can afford to hold out another month or two to see if any insurance is granted but with no government insurance there’ll be no festivals so that’s deffo the main thing to keep an eye out for 

Could it also be the extra costing the festival would take on to do testing on site? R+L have been going for years and have numerous ways of bringing in income to accommodate the extra costs  to make sure the festival goes ahead, where as smaller festivals their sponsors may not be as keen to put their hand in their pocket. 

Yes but what makes you think that won’t happen?

As of today there’s almost as many people dying in road accidents than of COVID...

Unless there is (and it’s a big ‘unless there is’) a big change in the direction of the numbers, there is no chance the festival will not be going ahead, unless you’re also advocating that we may have to ban road travel too!

Edited by Benj

2 hours ago, foolee said:

The thing is you don't know that for sure and no one does. I get your stance on it and saying you're being realistic but it's more pessimistic rather than realism for me. It feels like you're really trying to bring people's hopes down and it's quite depressing. I think if people want to hope and believe festivals/gigs can happen this summer then they should keep this hope as that's all people have at the moment, hope. I know that's the case for me anyway. It's keeping me going because of the shit year we've had.

I have no problem with anyone having hope but it's also a pain when it comes to holiday booking at work.

13 minutes ago, Quorn said:

I do think that’s a bit of a petty reason to put everyone else down, don’t you?

He’s already said he would rather the entire festival be cancelled than him have to do a rapid test to gain entry. Pettiness and selfishness in abundance. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He’s already said he would rather the entire festival be cancelled than him have to do a rapid test to gain entry. Pettiness and selfishness in abundance. 

For people like thewayiam life is just an inconvenience and is so full of selfishness. To be honest, i would do anything to be at a festival this summer- its clear some “live music loving” people would not and would rather put everyone else's mood down just because its a pain to get time off work. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nathanh said:

For people like thewayiam life is just an inconvenience and is so full of selfishness. To be honest, i would do anything to be at a festival this summer- its clear some “live music loving” people would not and would rather put everyone else's mood down just because its a pain to get time off work. 

I booked mine off after reading was cancelled last year as I knew I was going this year whatever the lineup was lol 😂

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

COVID levels across the whole of England are the lowest they’ve been since autumn last year. Unless there’s a disaster, R&L is going ahead. Happy days. 

It isnt about the levels more about the variants. I would have thought we would have had more news RE the lineup which is worrying me. They should have done an all British festival or at least a large part of it as suggested a few times here.

Again, the next level of announcement isn't 'late', it's usually between mid-April and mid-May. There's no cause for concern. If we got to the end of June and nothing more announced was there it might be a worry but that's unlikely.

The festival put out the first names super early to assure potential customers that it plans to go ahead and to get the ball rolling on sales. It worked out tremendously.

Now the festival has to try and put together the best lineup it can and one that won't change too much. It has time to do that, and European festivals are only just announcing new dates and initial names, so R+L will be working with some of those for a package of shows for those acts to come over to Europe for. There's no reason to take drastic measures on a sold out festival just to put more names out four months in advance.

Just relax and be patient. Do something to take your mind off Reading and Leeds. Here, play some games - https://www.mousebreaker.com/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, wghennessy said:

It isnt about the levels more about the variants. I would have thought we would have had more news RE the lineup which is worrying me. They should have done an all British festival or at least a large part of it as suggested a few times here.

Just because their is no bigger lineup yet, due to the fact R&L started announcing super early as a abnormality this year to encourage people to keep/book tickets we cant expect a usual timeline. The majority of the lineup is british with only a few international names announced for the festival so far (which i think they will keep the same amount) so no need to panic. As @dentalplansays if we make it to june/july time with still no news- then panic and take it as a cause for concern not April. 

18 hours ago, Quorn said:

I do think that’s a bit of a petty reason to put everyone else down, don’t you?

Not really when it messes everything around as well that then may have to be cancelled and changed to a time unavailable.

So you get nothing instead of something. And wether you think it's pretty really doesn't phase me slightly.

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Have I really? Lol read what you want you fook

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not really when it messes everything around as well that then may have to be cancelled and changed to a time unavailable.

So you get nothing instead of something. And wether you think it's pretty really doesn't phase me slightly.

Have I really? Lol read what you want you fook

you don’t have to be on here uno, treating it as a day job 😭 who cares if random people on the internet are getting excited about the potential of being at a festival this summer