2021 Lineup

10 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

New Vaccines music coming in a few weeks, could they slot in here somewhere? 

I would assume they could go in under Queens, and bring a lot of satire along with it

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

image.png.34708b74d94703756e23edef0f6d78d5.png

Didn't someone on here have info that they were playing?

I really don’t want to get my hopes up, I’d love them to be there but I don’t think we’ll get them

32 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

This is exactly my thinking

There’s too many artists that have been teased or advertised on social media (YMA6, Pale Waves) and I still think both Wolf Alice and Architects are more likely 

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

There’s too many artists that have been teased or advertised on social media (YMA6, Pale Waves) and I still think both Wolf Alice and Architects are more likely 

Wolf Alice seem like a nailed on replacement for Capaldi to me, not being announced anywhere else, new Album in June etc...etc...

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

So The Libertines can probably be counted out?

You'd think so. This would be a tour announced after Reading. Unless they let this sell out first and then announce then but it would be a pretty shit deal for people buying tickets who have Reading and Leeds tickets. The Libertines although not as big now and the hype has gone still carry that name that Reading just don't need to book now.

8 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

image.png.34708b74d94703756e23edef0f6d78d5.png

Didn't someone on here have info that they were playing? 

I'd expect them more for like Y Not/Tramlines/Boardies level stuff to headline rather than taking the capaldi slot or something

8 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Bit off topic but the new Brockhampton album is spectacular. It's a damn shame they're splitting up

Seriously? fuck man - they have dates announced at the moment so maybe some more shows

3 hours ago, Samjones said:

896CE6D3-F6F8-4A18-893F-D1FF7CD3FEF4.png

Definitely real?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You'd think so. This would be a tour announced after Reading. Unless they let this sell out first and then announce then but it would be a pretty shit deal for people buying tickets who have Reading and Leeds tickets. The Libertines although not as big now and the hype has gone still carry that name that Reading just don't need to book now.

these are small venues though, like kentish town is the london show and its only 1k roughly. they will easily sell these out with the people not going to reading/leeds (older fans)

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

these are small venues though, like kentish town is the london show and its only 1k roughly. they will easily sell these out with the people not going to reading/leeds (older fans)

This is 2021 libertines though. They’ve dropped off a lot since the reunion and this was about the size of their last tour too. I think this is just their level now rather than “small venues”

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Seriously? fuck man - they have dates announced at the moment so maybe some more shows

they're not splitting up just yet, they've said they have one more album they want to release and they've said 'this is the last album' before as Saturation III was advertised as the bands last project together

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

50 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

This is 2021 libertines though. They’ve dropped off a lot since the reunion and this was about the size of their last tour too. I think this is just their level now rather than “small venues”

Yeah. Brighton Center is the biggest one I believe but I cannot imagine a promoter allowing those gigs. Old fans or not, it's way way past their reunion back in 2010 and then back in 2015 etc and whoever wanted to see them had plenty of opportunity. And they cashed in as at their peak they were only 3rd down at Reading.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Forum is around 2.3k. 

yup 

38 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I know this completely left wing from all the predictions for  the Lewis Capaldi replacement slot. I have a feeling we could see Years & Years huge UK act can sell out arenas, fare well with music critics and a household name for the current RandL audience what do we think?

It’s a shout, they were decent in 2015 but that’s from a guy who was a massive fan back then. Their debut album is still one of those that I remember most words to, while never really listening to it and songs like Shine, Desire and King still bang

Im not sure what direction they’ve gone in, but they may be too poppy now idk, I also saw it’s just Olly now and depending on the situation he may be busy acting

good shout tho, different to what I was thinking 

10 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I would assume they could go in under Queens, and bring a lot of satire along with it

I really don’t want to get my hopes up, I’d love them to be there but I don’t think we’ll get them

You would put the Vaccines above Yungblud? Right now YB is huge worldwide...theres no way that would happen.

6 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I know this completely left wing from all the predictions for  the Lewis Capaldi replacement slot. I have a feeling we could see Years & Years huge UK act can sell out arenas, fare well with music critics and a household name for the current RandL audience what do we think?

Don’t think I’ve heard of one of their songs ever. Probably have if they’re as big as you say they are...I don’t know it’s by them though, so they ain’t selling me a ticket. 

fully accept im not the market and it’s sold out anyway!

10 hours ago, Benj said:

Don’t think I’ve heard of one of their songs ever. Probably have if they’re as big as you say they are...I don’t know it’s by them though, so they ain’t selling me a ticket. 

fully accept im not the market and it’s sold out anyway!

Years and Years are pretty big did the O2 in 2018 but just a very random pick to be honest, think they had their day a bit honestly

I think we’ve probably still got a bit of a while before we get the full lineup.

Starting to worry a bit that RandL haven’t fully thought through the two stages thing, and that now they’re struggling to accommodate it - seems like something they’d accidentally do!