2021 Lineup

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You are checked and have drugs taken of you if found, not the same with alcohol. I consume 4 bottles of alcohol I'll be fine. I consume 4 pills and I won't be.

Fair point that any psychoactive substance that isn’t caffeine, alcohol or nicotine is illegal. However, the fact that you group all of them together shows a lack of understanding, as does the generalisation of all alcohol. 4 bottles of beer, you’ll be fine, 4 bottles of absinthe and you’ll be in a very bad state. It’s exactly the same with pills as how many you can handle will depend on their strength and what’s actually in them. I think the main argument is that if alcohol and nicotine are legal and arguably more harmful than many illegal drugs, then people should have a right to consume those other drugs. Testing is only necessary because the government refuses to legalise them and implement their own regulations (which would probably be a good idea since they could tax them, but whatever).

Regardless of their legal and illegal status, arguing that illegal drugs are inherently more dangerous is ignorant and inhibits progress towards a life with more freedoms, which seems to be something you’re trying to do anyway by creating a panic based on nothing but pessimism.

Not sure how that came from the covid conversation but there we go

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yes so if this is in place and they haven't managed to actually get around to giving the vaccine to all the youngsters and they tur up and are positive, what then? Do they not get to go in of the basis of a virus that is not their fault even though they bought a ticket on the basis of everyone else? Give them a negative test 24 hours before they then have to check everyone's phone in that position and trust since that negative they have been nowhere they shouldn't since.

On top of this, take your two hours to get everyone in just as an eg, that's then 4 hours with multiple people potentially turned away for an event that is going ahead so their money is lost. This leads to a lot of kickoffs. It's not worth the risk for that. For everyone who has bought a ticket, they all need to be in the same boat.

If they’ve tested negative 24 hours pre event it doesn’t matter where they’ve gone since, they will not become infectious at the festival if it’s only caught in that period. 

The idea would be that it would take no longer to get in than usual. You take a test at the start of a queuing process that as standard takes more than 30 mins. The test in itself would have zero impact on your time queuing. 

Obviousky that’s in an ideal world, in reality it would unlikely be that smooth and there may be a longer wait. Again though I think people would be happy to wait 10-15 mins, when you can queue for over an hour at times anyway, if it otherwise meant no festival 

The point re what you do about those who test positive is a fair one and why it would obviously be ideal for testing to be carried out in advance of travel.

Where this is not available though the option to test on entry would be welcomed. People would travel at their own risk. I think the point is though by August, if the festival is going ahead the chance of being positive would be tiny. Last August Bank Holiday 15/1,000,000 people tested positive. Assuming the same rates this year (and it hopefully will be much lower), assuming 100,000 people at Reading, of which lets say 50% are vax’d, so not tested, you’d be talking about 7 people testing positive a day. If half of those could pre test then it’s 4 people, not thousands being turned away

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeah, I agree with this. I think Catfish and Queens probably wouldn't accept sub spots and are probably too big for a sub spot these days but not big enough to headline outright. They probably aren't the most expensive acts in the world either. I think there aren't too many mega big headliners so having a second main stage so acts like Royal Blood, Foals, Wolf Alice etc. can be headliners without taking up one of the 3 headline spots can only be a good thing.  

QOTSA, CATBM and disclosure would be a hugely underwhelming set of headliners. They’re subs in all but name now and will indeed play as such. They’re in effect second stage headliners, it’s just a bigger second stage than the old second stage 

50 minutes ago, Benj said:

QOTSA, CATBM and disclosure would be a hugely underwhelming set of headliners. They’re subs in all but name now and will indeed play as such. They’re in effect second stage headliners, it’s just a bigger second stage than the old second stage 

Yeah agree with this, one of of looking at it is (at a guess) in the old format:

Friday - Liam Gallagher // QOTSA // Gerry Cinnamon // Yungblud // Charli XCX // KSI // Neck Deep

Saturday - Stormzy // Catfish // ??? // AJ Tracey // Mabel // Madison Beer // Sigrid // Nova Twins 

Sunday - Post Malone // Disclosure // Two Door Cinema Club // The Wombats // Doja Cat // Dababy

Which in reality is quite a strong lineup, not 100% to my taste, obviously barring in mind it's likely we lose the R1 stage

34 minutes ago, SugarFree said:

QOTSA are such a class booking imo they really don't get the praise they should. 

They seem to be very much a marmite band, for everyone who loves them there is someone who finds them terminally dull. Sadly I’m the latter, tried to get into them loads of times and own a couple of albums from back in the day but just can’t. 

It’s why they’re a bit of a meh headliner, loads just won’t be slightly bothered by their presence while at least with Foo Fighters, RHCP etc you know that everyone will enjoy one or two of the numbers whether they love them or not 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Yeah agree with this, one of of looking at it is (at a guess) in the old format:

Friday - Liam Gallagher // QOTSA // Gerry Cinnamon // Yungblud // Charli XCX // KSI // Neck Deep

Saturday - Stormzy // Catfish // ??? // AJ Tracey // Mabel // Madison Beer // Sigrid // Nova Twins 

Sunday - Post Malone // Disclosure // Two Door Cinema Club // The Wombats // Doja Cat // Dababy

Which in reality is quite a strong lineup, not 100% to my taste, obviously barring in mind it's likely we lose the R1 stage

Yup that’s basically exactly how it is and you’re right looks strong

3 hours ago, Quorn said:

Fair point that any psychoactive substance that isn’t caffeine, alcohol or nicotine is illegal. However, the fact that you group all of them together shows a lack of understanding, as does the generalisation of all alcohol. 4 bottles of beer, you’ll be fine, 4 bottles of absinthe and you’ll be in a very bad state. It’s exactly the same with pills as how many you can handle will depend on their strength and what’s actually in them. I think the main argument is that if alcohol and nicotine are legal and arguably more harmful than many illegal drugs, then people should have a right to consume those other drugs. Testing is only necessary because the government refuses to legalise them and implement their own regulations (which would probably be a good idea since they could tax them, but whatever).

Regardless of their legal and illegal status, arguing that illegal drugs are inherently more dangerous is ignorant and inhibits progress towards a life with more freedoms, which seems to be something you’re trying to do anyway by creating a panic based on nothing but pessimism.

Not sure how that came from the covid conversation but there we go

give us the lineup announcement now, look what’s going on man

for the record i agree 

Edited by Tom Connolly

FRIDAY

MSE: Stormzy/Rex/Mabel/twin Atlantic/sports team

MSW: catfish/aj/Declan McKenna/Maddison beer/nova twin

DANCE: MK 

PIT: Gallows 

FR: ashnikko 

1X: jack harlow 

SATURDAY

MSE: Posty/tdcc/doja cat/sigrid/sea girls

MSW: disclosure/wombats/dababy/fever 333/hot milk

DANCE: Solardo

PIT: creeper

FR: beabadoobee 

1X: denzel curry 

SUNDAY

MSE: Liam Gallagher/Gerry cinnamon/charli xcx/ksi/niko B

MSW: qotsa/yungblud/slowthai/100 gecs/bloxx 

DANCE: bicep 

PIT: neck deep

FR: girl in red

1X: m huncho 

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think we both know it's 4 bottles of a standard size alcohol and that's just a pedantic answer. But as for the rest. As Is aid, I've said my point and I've nothing else to say on it. You can have your views whatever but if you actually disagree mine are valid points then something is wrong.

Yes but 4 bottles of beer is a standard (if anything low) amount of alcohol. 4 pills is incredibly high

34 minutes ago, Bob123456 said:

Sounds like a long shot but does anyone have any spare tickets that they are willing to put on resale on ticketmaster at a discussed time

someone on reddit had a pair like 2hr ago, dunno if they are still there

8 hours ago, Benj said:

If they’ve tested negative 24 hours pre event it doesn’t matter where they’ve gone since, they will not become infectious at the festival if it’s only caught in that period. 

The idea would be that it would take no longer to get in than usual. You take a test at the start of a queuing process that as standard takes more than 30 mins. The test in itself would have zero impact on your time queuing. 

Obviousky that’s in an ideal world, in reality it would unlikely be that smooth and there may be a longer wait. Again though I think people would be happy to wait 10-15 mins, when you can queue for over an hour at times anyway, if it otherwise meant no festival 

The point re what you do about those who test positive is a fair one and why it would obviously be ideal for testing to be carried out in advance of travel.

Where this is not available though the option to test on entry would be welcomed. People would travel at their own risk. I think the point is though by August, if the festival is going ahead the chance of being positive would be tiny. Last August Bank Holiday 15/1,000,000 people tested positive. Assuming the same rates this year (and it hopefully will be much lower), assuming 100,000 people at Reading, of which lets say 50% are vax’d, so not tested, you’d be talking about 7 people testing positive a day. If half of those could pre test then it’s 4 people, not thousands being turned away

This sounds super reassuring but you have to remember the only people last summer testing themself were people who thought they had it, so its quite likely more did that just didn't get tested i'd say. plus with no distancing by then earlier events really be what is telling about whether r&l goes ahead. im still hopeful

7 hours ago, Dukey said:

4th post in a row sorry, but never thought of looking at it like this, that sunday especially looks ridiculously strong.

42 minutes ago, Bob123456 said:

Sounds like a long shot but does anyone have any spare tickets that they are willing to put on resale on ticketmaster at a discussed time

Will need to wait until the announcement but If QOTSA and Fever 333 pull out due to travel restrictions and if there is no Pit stage then I’ll be selling a couple.

15 hours ago, Benj said:

They seem to be very much a marmite band, for everyone who loves them there is someone who finds them terminally dull. Sadly I’m the latter, tried to get into them loads of times and own a couple of albums from back in the day but just can’t. 

It’s why they’re a bit of a meh headliner, loads just won’t be slightly bothered by their presence while at least with Foo Fighters, RHCP etc you know that everyone will enjoy one or two of the numbers whether they love them or not 

If booking QOTSA makes booking EODM more likely then I'll be all over it. Their 2016 set was one of the best I've seen at Leeds of any band