2021 Lineup

If people keep dying from drugs at festivals there will be no more festivals full stop. It should be in everyones interest that those who are choosing to partake are as safe as possible. Alcohol can also kill so stop making out as if people should be ready to accept death because they want to enjoy themselves on drugs.

3 minutes ago, nathanh said:

So right some people *looking at one person on here in particular* need to be a bit more optimistic. Or if they dont want to do that- fine. But let people enjoy their lives. It had to be said.

Even before the virus, having something to look forward to helps us get through the day. Going to festivals and enjoying that time with friends is obviously something big for the people on this forum and it’s been tough without them.

Over the past year where some have taken delight in going from thread to thread telling people there’s “no hope” has been revolting. Obviously this year many of them were wrong and they’ve been shown up as clueless anyway and they’ve wasted a lot of time being c**ts. But right now, anyone holding onto that negativity and saying ‘oh it won’t be safe’, ‘you can’t trust the tests’ should just piss off already.

Have a good festival mate.

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You’d rather people died as a lesson to those who want to take drugs, than people take drugs safely and nobody dies?

Sorry man, I don’t want to argue with you like the old days but with that I don’t really believe your heightened sense of security around covid at the festival is grounded in logic or any means of empathy. I think you just don’t want people to go to a festival and enjoy themselves.

Events will go ahead outdoors, there’ll be loads of precautions, (relatively) normal life will ease back in and I hope you get to enjoy the summer regardless.

My thoughts on covid have nothing to do with drugs.

My thoughts on covid is to do the needed totally for future events.

My thoughts on the use of drugs at those events have not changed. I am not for them and will never be for them. So safe testing for them as a view from someone not for them at all isn't a relevant opinion to give I don't feel. They are now am allowed or legal substance permitted inside so no I do not have a strong opinions on a festival putting measures in place to help what isn't allowed anyway. You are checked and have drugs taken of you if found, not the same with alcohol. I consume 4 bottles of alcohol I'll be fine. I consume 4 pills and I won't be. Yes both are drugs but one is much easier to get into a bad way than the other. I'm ending this now.

And again! That is something that is totally different at an event to covid actually allowing the event. I've no need to hear more users opinions justifying themselves over this.

• Downvote 5

Over the past week I’ve gone from being extremely excited for the festivals Ive booked to being scared I’m going to loose a lot of money I’ve spent as the constant negativity has led me to believe my summer plans could be different to what I’ve had planned yet there is no news on this anywhere other than the forums I read for Reading, Y Not and Tramlines 

Edited by Ethan_Crossley96

1 minute ago, iistroudley said:

Slam Dunk should be proper decent, Broco, Sum 41, State Champs and i'm sure 1-2 more belters will get announced

On top of this they have booked some of my favourite pop punk bands old and new from Mayday Parade to Roam and With Confidence Slam Dunk is a cracking lineup and should be a class day 

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I consume 4 bottles of alcohol I'll be fine. I consume 4 pills and I won't be. Yes both are drugs but one is much easier to get into a bad way than the other. I'm ending this now.

It’s funny you say that. if you were in some dry countries where alcohol is illegal and you want your four beers, you wouldn’t know if it was safe or not because they don’t test it, so you might die. But you don’t die as a direct result of the beer you have at the festival, because testing.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Over the past week I’ve gone from being extremely excited for the festivals Ive booked to being scared I’m going to loose a lot of money I’ve spent as the constant negativity has led me to believe my summer plans could be different to what I’ve had planned yet there is no news on this anywhere other than the forums I read for Reading, Y Not and Tramlines 

How will you lose money? Even if they did cancel, Reading and Leeds won’t disappear with 180,000 people’s ticket money.

I can't be the only person here shocked there is someone anti drugs testing on the R&L forum? surely you must hate going when everyone is pissed/high the entire time 😂

EDIT: and thats before even considering how backwards not wanting drug testing but being fine with alcohol and cancer sticks is, multiple illegal drugs are way safer than both of them

Edited by gfa

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

My thoughts on covid have nothing to do with drugs.

My thoughts on covid is to do the needed totally for future events.

My thoughts on the use of drugs at those events have not changed. I am not for them and will never be for them. So safe testing for them as a view from someone not for them at all isn't a relevant opinion to give I don't feel. They are now am allowed or legal substance permitted inside so no I do not have a strong opinions on a festival putting measures in place to help what isn't allowed anyway. You are checked and have drugs taken of you if found, not the same with alcohol. I consume 4 bottles of alcohol I'll be fine. I consume 4 pills and I won't be. Yes both are drugs but one is much easier to get into a bad way than the other. I'm ending this now.

And again! That is something that is totally different at an event to covid actually allowing the event. I've no need to hear more users opinions justifying themselves over this.

This may change your mind on drugs testing. Amazing and interesting insight. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I wouldn't worry, cases and deaths are dropping, everyone should have had at least 1 jab come the summer. The festivals have no need to come out with any statements because at the moment the roadmap is still going fine. The festivals won't take your money if it doesn't go ahead you'll be entitled to refunds 🙂

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I consume 4 bottles of alcohol I'll be fine. I consume 4 pills and I won't be. Yes both are drugs but one is much easier to get into a bad way than the other.

This also makes no sense at all, if you consume 20 cigarettes you will be fine but 20 bottles of even water and you will have water intoxication... nobody goes and has 4 pills their first time its a totally different scale... also some people will get completely pissed off 4 bottles of alcohol anyway - for all we know its 4 bottles of 2L cider

Edited by gfa

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s funny you say that. if you were in some dry countries where alcohol is illegal and you want your four beers, you wouldn’t know if it was safe or not because they don’t test it, so you might die. But you don’t die as a direct result of the beer you have at the festival, because testing.

You realize if I was somewhere where alcohol was illegal then I wouldn't take the chance by having it. And it's okay, I've just looked up the countries where it's illegal and I'm likely to visit one of them at some point and I can cope. Strangely too, as most of them kill people to for no reason at all and it's legal by default as nothing stops it. The rules, religions and regulations they followed by is awful so they can keep their laws and their countries.

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

This also makes no sense at all, if you consume 20 cigarettes you will be fine but 20 bottles of even water and you will have water intoxication... nobody goes and has 4 pills their first time its a totally different scale... also some people will get completely pissed off 4 bottles of alcohol anyway - for all we know its 4 bottles of 2L cider

I think we both know it's 4 bottles of a standard size alcohol and that's just a pedantic answer. But as for the rest. As Is aid, I've said my point and I've nothing else to say on it. You can have your views whatever but if you actually disagree mine are valid points then something is wrong.

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

In other news- Who would you lot like to see on a secret set in the field this summer.

Would love to see someone like BMTH as I wasn't at the festival the last time they did it but a realistic option who I think it'll be are Royal Blood as they're at Victorious the same weekend, have a new album coming out and are likely to get pushed up to 1 of 6 headliners or co-headline the next time they play depending on how the new album does.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yes both are drugs but one is much easier to get into a bad way than the other

You talk about the wide spectrum of 'drugs' as a single thing compared to alcohol, you have no clue what you're talking about. Please educate yourself or keep your ignorant opinions to yourself.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Do you lot think that we will see six headliners again next year? 

Yeah, there'll be six headliners as long as there are two stages. And there will be two stages for a few years to come, given that we first heard they wanted two stages three years ago.

Can only be a good thing, I think. If they had just one stage this year, they'd have Liam Gallagher, Stormzy and Post Malone headlining. That'd be strong enough set of headliner but with the West Stage headliners too, there's some variety from acts that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, there'll be six headliners as long as there are two stages. And there will be two stages for a few years to come, given that we first heard they wanted two stages three years ago.

Can only be a good thing, I think. If they had just one stage this year, they'd have Liam Gallagher, Stormzy and Post Malone headlining. That'd be strong enough set of headliner but with the West Stage headliners too, there's some variety from acts that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think Catfish and Queens probably wouldn't accept sub spots and are probably too big for a sub spot these days but not big enough to headline outright. They probably aren't the most expensive acts in the world either. I think there aren't too many mega big headliners so having a second main stage so acts like Royal Blood, Foals, Wolf Alice etc. can be headliners without taking up one of the 3 headline spots can only be a good thing.