2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, Benj said:

I remember the good old days where you only found out about additions when you bought the NME and the advert included the latest bands. 2003 was the first year I remember there being any kind of fanfare about the initial headliners being announced which would’ve been around April, May time. 

Don’t you mean when you had to pop into the newsagents, look at the Reading Festival advert to see any additions, then put the mag back on the shelf, haha.

14 hours ago, Brandohoff said:

What’s the latest they’ve ever released a full line up? I understand it’s an unprecedented time and that they’ve sold out so not exactly rushed. They’ve made their money they don’t need to sell it. But a few names on a poster 3.5 months out is really really poor form. 

Personally I think if Mondays news go how some are expecting then the next new you get on the lineup might be April 2022 rather than 21 as purely due to attending age of the festival on a majority, vaccine passports won't be ready in time.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I think if Mondays news go how some are expecting then the next new you get on the lineup might be April 2022 rather than 21 as purely due to attending age of the festival on a majority, vaccine passports won't be ready in time.

I think the government will be in a rush to get back to these things so they will roll out the passports quick- We have until August cmon lets have some optimism 

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I reckon its only first dose honestly, based on how all media/government seem to consider 1 dose as vaccinated eg reports of 20 million vaccinated

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

I think the government will be in a rush to get back to these things so they will roll out the passports quick- We have until August cmon lets have some optimism 

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

I reckon its only first dose honestly, based on how all media/government seem to consider 1 dose as vaccinated eg reports of 20 million vaccinated

He wants everyone fully vaccinated and then passports will be done. The first part and the allowance period will go up to somewhere in and around 3rd week August. They are accounting for all age groups at all events. This can't be messed up. The death toll naturally is much lower because people at highest risk are all done on the first. The media can consider what they want.

19 hours ago, Benj said:

I remember the good old days where you only found out about additions when you bought the NME and the advert included the latest bands. 2003 was the first year I remember there being any kind of fanfare about the initial headliners being announced which would’ve been around April, May time. 

Aaahhh those were the days. I'm an old relic and the only way to buy gig/festival tickets were at the local record shop. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Regarding this vaccine passport stuff, even if people don’t have vaccines, haven’t RandL previously said that they’ll let people in who either have had a vaccine, or a negative test result?

Yep- You can read about it here https://www.readingfestival.com/news/2021-first-timers-guide

Edited by nathanh
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Regarding this vaccine passport stuff, even if people don’t have vaccines, haven’t RandL previously said that they’ll let people in who either have had a vaccine, or a negative test result?

2 hours ago, nathanh said:

The festival can say what they want, just like they sold their festival out knowing the demand and also the risk was still there. The Reading Council have not passed the go ahead of this festival....they made that very clear shortly after. All that's essentially been done is that based on the measures of preliminary dates set out they would be going ahead.

If the government decides that everyone needs to be fully vaccined and vaccine passports are needed to attend and that is passed. Then what the festival have said means nothing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The festival can say what they want, just like they sold their festival out knowing the demand and also the risk was still there. The Reading Council have not passed the go ahead of this festival....they made that very clear shortly after. All that's essentially been done is that based on the measures of preliminary dates set out they would be going ahead.

If the government decides that everyone needs to be fully vaccined and vaccine passports are needed to attend and that is passed. Then what the festival have said means nothing.

I really don’t understand where everyone has got the idea that the vaccine passport means you have to be vaccinated? I get that the name is misleading but the passport shows whether you are vaccinated OR have natural immunity OR have had a negative test. Not only will it not be a problem for younger attendees since it likely won’t be rolled out until everyone has been offered the vaccine, but it won’t be a problem for people even if they refuse the vaccine because you can just test negative and be good to go

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quorn said:

I really don’t understand where everyone has got the idea that the vaccine passport means you have to be vaccinated? I get that the name is misleading but the passport shows whether you are vaccinated OR have natural immunity OR have had a negative test. Not only will it not be a problem for younger attendees since it likely won’t be rolled out until everyone has been offered the vaccine, but it won’t be a problem for people even if they refuse the vaccine because you can just test negative and be good to go

Yeah there's so much confusion around it - it won't be an issue with the younger demographic who won't of been offered a vaccine as those still in school/college have already been taking regular covid tests and uploading them to the NHS database

1 minute ago, Creasin said:

Yeah there's so much confusion around it - it won't be an issue with the younger demographic who won't of been offered a vaccine as those still in school/college have already been taking regular covid tests and uploading them to the NHS database

Plus testing kits will be offered for free to everyone from the 9th April. I see no reason for the festival not to go ahead with the amount of testing possible

6 minutes ago, Creasin said:

3 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Plus testing kits will be offered for free to everyone from the 9th April. I see no reason for the festival not to go ahead with the amount of testing possible

It's a mix of people that will have purchased tickets.

So you've got the majority crowd age sorted. What about the people between 21 and 31 and plus that have purchased tickets for acts/or in fact they are going due to age etc of people they are taking? Do they just lose their money because they don't have the required information that is needed. It's not just about making sure the most risk free 16-19 year olds are okay to go.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So you've got the majority crowd age sorted. What about the people between 21 and 31 and plus that have purchased tickets for acts/or in fact they are going due to age etc of people they are taking? Do they just lose their money because they don't have the required information that is needed. It's not just about making sure the most risk free 16-19 year olds are okay to go.

Why would they lose their money? Not sure where the issue lies if everyone has been tested/vaccinated before going

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think the festival will be required to have tests available on entry by the government for anyone who aren't able to access them prior and with the 30 second rapid tests already been used before I can't see any issues.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-test-heathrow-airport-travel-trial-quarantine-countries-screen-a9694981.html

• Upvote 1

I’m in a pretty sound position as I’ve had my first dose (I’m a teacher) and I’m driving down with only 1 other person. But, I can see this causing a lot of problems. 

The majority of people going will be young, so won’t be vaccinated. Also, a lot of people will be driving with 3/4 other people, so of the driver tests positive the rest will have no way of getting back from the festival, and if a passenger tests positive they’ll be stuck at the festival from when they arrive.

Not only that but I can see people kicking off if they test positive and so have to leave.

Edit: Just thought they’ll probably do the tests 24/48 hours before to prevent this.

Edited by Jack.194

7 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I’m in a pretty sound position as I’ve had my first dose (I’m a teacher) and I’m driving down with only 1 other person. But, I can see this causing a lot of problems. 

The majority of people going will be young, so won’t be vaccinated. Also, a lot of people will be driving with 3/4 other people, so of the driver tests positive the rest will have no way of getting back from the festival, and if a passenger tests positive they’ll be stuck at the festival from when they arrive.

Not only that but I can see people kicking off if they test positive and so have to leave.

I wouldn’t see on-the-door testing being the only measure though. Since testing kits will be free anyway, I think it would be required to submit a negative test within 24 hours of arrival and then produce a negative test with the rapid tests. That would mean people are unlikely to slip through if they lie about the first test but also means it’s down the the individual if they decide to show up after testing positive

Anyone here a fan of Ocean Grove? Been following them since seeing them support Architects in Sydney a few years ago and they're quite slept on. Most recent album is brilliant, highly recommend it to any nu metal fans out there. they seem to have nailed a genre that's died in recent times and made it feel modern and new.

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

I wouldn’t see on-the-door testing being the only measure though. Since testing kits will be free anyway, I think it would be required to submit a negative test within 24 hours of arrival and then produce a negative test with the rapid tests. That would mean people are unlikely to slip through if they lie about the first test but also means it’s down the the individual if they decide to show up after testing positive

How are you going to guarantee the person who's tested negative 24 hours before going hasn't been somewhere since then and picked something up etc etc. You basically have to trust on entry that the person has tested negative and stayed essentially isolating until going to the event and so has the whole party. Try and get youngsters to do this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

How are you going to guarantee the person who's tested negative 24 hours before going hasn't been somewhere since then and picked something up etc etc. You basically have to trust on entry that the person has tested negative and stayed essentially isolating until going to the event and so has the whole party. Try and get youngsters to do this?

It’s all about risk and reducing that risk as much as possible. 

Only a tiny minority of people testing negative 24 hours pre festival will become infectious during the festival and indeed would’ve had to have caught it pre-test in order to be infectious at the festival, if it was taken 24 hours pre-entry  

With 30 min tests they could easily test people in a queue to get in.  Shit yes but if it means we can have a festival I’d be all in. 

Again someone testing negative on Entry, could perhaps be infectious by the Sunday. It’s all about that risk though and it’s very small. 

• Upvote 2

I've done this before because I love predicting and engaging this forum. Anyway I am going to give an educated guess to how how the lineup is going to look and if anyone wants to make a lineup poster to compliment it that would be great so enough of the ramble.

FRI: 

MSE: STORMZY, MABEL, Rex Orange County, Twin Atlantic, Sports Team

MSW: CATB, AJ Tracey, Declan Mckenna , Madison Beer, Ashnikko, Jack Harlow, Nova Twins

Dance: MK

Pit: Gallows

FR: The Magic Gang

1x: ?

SAT:

MSE: Posty, TDCC, Doja Cat, Sigrid, Easy Life,

MSW: Disclosure, The Wombats, Dababy, Fever 333

Dance: Solardo

Pit: Creeper

FR: Beebadoobee

1x: ?

SUN: