2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, SugarFree said:

Interested in peoples thoughts of Blinks set back in 2014

I’m a longtime blink fan, so I’m bias as fuck, but I thought they were very decent. And don’t think anyone can disagree it was big step up from 2010.

Shame they’ll likely never come back now. Without Tom they’re not headline material and don’t think they’d accept anything else. 

3 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I’m a longtime blink fan, so I’m bias as fuck, but I thought they were very decent. And don’t think anyone can disagree it was big step up from 2010.

Shame they’ll likely never come back now. Without Tom they’re not headline material and don’t think they’d accept anything else. 

I'm the exact same, my favourite band growing up and finally saw them for the first time in 2014 and had the time of my life. I look back at the live set on youtube and didn't realise how poor most of the guitar tones were. 

Tom coming back would be bigger than John Frusciante rejoing chilis in my eyes

big up blink

13 hours ago, SugarFree said:

that's punk music tho right lol. 

Can always rely on Travis to carry them live

Haha it's punk pop though. A friend went to see Angles and Airwaves while I saw Young Knives at Leeds years back and he says it was very bad. Blink have many fun catchy songs so you'll still enjoy a set but I agree that without Tom it feels odd.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but have been keeping up with the threads for a while

What do you guys think of the likelihood of Enter Shikari making an appearance?

Next scheduled show is in Ukraine on 2nd September (whether they'll actually be able to travel there who knows) but playing R+L would seem like a really good place for them to kick off live shows again seeing as they've always been a classic Reading band on the lineup. 

Might be unlikely seeing as they did 2 sets at Leeds and 3 sets at Reading in 2019 but would defo make my weekend 

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 14.47.29.png

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 14.47.14.png

On 4/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, SugarFree said:

Interested in peoples thoughts of Blinks set back in 2014

As a huge Blink fan at my third festival, it was one of my favourite nights ever (also very drunk). Re-watching the set, it was sadly terrible and Tom was clearly very drunk to be able to play to some sort of level. The banter which made them so good was sketchy and yeah, in hindsight it was very weak.

All considered, loved it at the time anyway. All that counts, right?

5 hours ago, mttJ said:

As a huge Blink fan at my third festival, it was one of my favourite nights ever (also very drunk). Re-watching the set, it was sadly terrible and Tom was clearly very drunk to be able to play to some sort of level. The banter which made them so good was sketchy and yeah, in hindsight it was very weak.

I lost my head when they covered Hybrid Moments. 

8 hours ago, mttJ said:

I never watch sets back on YouTube for this very reason.

If you enjoyed it at the time then leave it at that, don’t spoil the memories. Especially by looking at someone’s ropey footage filmed on their phone.

10 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

What’s the latest they’ve ever released a full line up? I understand it’s an unprecedented time and that they’ve sold out so not exactly rushed. They’ve made their money they don’t need to sell it. But a few names on a poster 3.5 months out is really really poor form. 

Until around 2013, we got no lineup news at all until mid April. Times have changed, though, and I’m sure we will get something in time for mid April this year. 

On 4/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, FloorFiller said:

I watched the Foos set when it was on the TV last week and thought it was alright, but setlist wise they’re a band who’d really benefit from playing more older album tracks rather than just all the singles, or just cutting all the extended jams and gimmicky bullshit so they can fit more songs in. I’m usually all for greatest hits sets at festivals, but every time I see a Foos set it’s just the same songs every single time, with the same extended outros and with the same shit banter surrounding them. It’s almost wince inducing when Taylor hops down from the drums and does either Cold Day in the Sun or Under Pressure every. single. time. 

Another guaranteed feature of their sets is the acousticisation of a classic. Traditionally it’s Everlong, My Hero got the treatment in 2019, what a travesty that was. Horrific scenes 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Until around 2013, we got no lineup news at all until mid April. Times have changed, though, and I’m sure we will get something in time for mid April this year. 

I remember the good old days where you only found out about additions when you bought the NME and the advert included the latest bands. 2003 was the first year I remember there being any kind of fanfare about the initial headliners being announced which would’ve been around April, May time. 

4 hours ago, Brandohoff said:

What’s the latest they’ve ever released a full line up? I understand it’s an unprecedented time and that they’ve sold out so not exactly rushed. They’ve made their money they don’t need to sell it. But a few names on a poster 3.5 months out is really really poor form. 

Bar The 1975’s headline set, which is great TV. 

I like the Blink 2014 set too, you don’t watch Blink for a great live sound, it’s interesting to see one of their very last shows together and how clear it is that Tom has had enough of it at that point. 

I think someone pointed out a moment where he seems to do a line on stage!  He’s deffo on something

On 4/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, smithonator said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but have been keeping up with the threads for a while

What do you guys think of the likelihood of Enter Shikari making an appearance?

Next scheduled show is in Ukraine on 2nd September (whether they'll actually be able to travel there who knows) but playing R+L would seem like a really good place for them to kick off live shows again seeing as they've always been a classic Reading band on the lineup. 

Might be unlikely seeing as they did 2 sets at Leeds and 3 sets at Reading in 2019 but would defo make my weekend 

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 14.47.29.png

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 14.47.14.png

I think they are one of the bands who feel it is to soon go be signing up to playing festivals with 70k when currently we are unable to meet with family indoors. I think it is a massive leap of faith to think Leeds will be on this year. Small outdoor events this summer yes, Reading and Leeds, I would have my doubts.