2021 Lineup

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m not gonna say they’ll never reform because I’m sure the huge sums of money they’d receive would be appealing, but considering Jack plays all the big songs when he performs solo just like he did in White Stripes and Meg removing herself from the music industry entirely ever since they broke up ten years ago, it doesn’t seem like something that’s really on the cards or even needed.

But by that logic, if the songs are still being played by former members, then surely no reunion is 'needed'? Like, why reunite Oasis or Pink Floyd?

A White Stripes reunion would be much bigger deal than Jack's solo shows. Him and 12 band members playing Racs, Stripes, Dead Weather and solo tunes is a different kettle of fish to just him and Meg smashing through the White Stripes classics.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But by that logic, if the songs are still being played by former members, then surely no reunion is 'needed'? Like, why reunite Oasis or Pink Floyd?

A White Stripes reunion would be much bigger deal than Jack's solo shows. Him and 12 band members playing Racs, Stripes, Dead Weather and solo tunes is a different kettle of fish to just him and Meg smashing through the White Stripes classics.

I always figured them breaking up was largely due to Meg being completely done with it all though, and her having done literally nothing since would indicate that to be true.

I’m not saying that if they did reform it wouldn’t be huge, ‘cause it would; I’d be stoked. I’m just saying it seems very unlikely to me, and what we’ve got instead isn’t a bad substitute imo. I mean, are people really missing Meg’s drumming during all those Stripes songs he plays himself?

17 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

You’ve probably seen this on Twitter but this is a cracking lineup (IT IS A PREDICTION) 

36E0795E-AB3C-408F-AA0D-A6CFC5C6BC90.jpeg

Way too stacked, Celeste sticks out like a sore thumb as someone that doesn’t really fit musically. Basically has Don Broco 9th down and NBT 7th. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I always figured them breaking up was largely due to Meg being completely done with it all though, and her having done literally nothing since would indicate that to be true.

I’m not saying that if they did reform it wouldn’t be huge, ‘cause it would; I’d be stoked. I’m just saying it seems very unlikely to me, and what we’ve got instead isn’t a bad substitute imo. I mean, are people really missing Meg’s drumming during all those Stripes songs he plays himself?

It was down to that, yes. Not challenging that. It's likely the only thing standing in the way of a reunion.

But yeah, people clearly do miss Meg's drumming and what she brought to the band. Or else Jack would be a bigger name now than he was with The White Stripes and we wouldn't be talking about Meg at all. She played her role in the band and it's weird that she seems to get zero credit for it from some people because she wasn't a completely different drummer.

4 hours ago, nathanh said:

On talks of headline slots at R&L- who has been the best, worst you have seen. Also tell me your dream headliner? 

Best Queens of the Stone Age  
Worst The Libertines
Dream Nine Inch Nails

1 hour ago, SugarFree said:

Best and worst R1 Headline sets?

Best Limp Bizkit
Worst Disclosure

Been listening to like music that seems sort of nostalgic or hold memories for me recently, it’s a long shot, but would love to see Rudimental replace Capaldi, so many bangers, just proper feel good music

8 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Been listening to like music that seems sort of nostalgic or hold memories for me recently, it’s a long shot, but would love to see Rudimental replace Capaldi, so many bangers, just proper feel good music

People have memories attached to Rudimental? 😳

1 hour ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

You’ve probably seen this on Twitter but this is a cracking lineup (IT IS A PREDICTION) 

36E0795E-AB3C-408F-AA0D-A6CFC5C6BC90.jpeg

Regardless of who’s on this poster, I can’t see it looking like this. It’d piss off Catfish, Disclosure and QOTSA quite a lot I think, it makes them look like less of a headliner than the MSE headliners.

I think they’ll be side-by-side at the top.

16 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Regardless of who’s on this poster, I can’t see it looking like this. It’d piss off Catfish, Disclosure and QOTSA quite a lot I think, it makes them look like less of a headliner than the MSE headliners.

I think they’ll be side-by-side at the top.

I can’t see any other way it can work other than the above. Hellfest has theirs set out in the same way. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I can’t see any other way it can work other than the above. Hellfest has theirs set out in the same way. 

They could fit six at the top.

I suppose they might just do the same as Hellfest, just seems to to those headliners on MSW a diss-service 

100 gecs are who I’m most looking forward to seeing by a mile. Also QOTSA and Disclosure.

I’m also quite intrigued to watch YUNGBLUD. I think his own music is crap but like a lot of his features and I’ve kind of softened on him over the last few months. He’s sure to get a massive crowd and I want to see what all the hype is about, really. Plus, that I THINK I’M OKAY song he does with MGK has been one of my most played songs over the last year. If he plays that, I’ll have a great time. 

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

One of my female friends has a day ticket to reading (first time going) she lives fairly nearby the site- will she be safe walking home? 

She just asked me whether it would be safer to get a lift after the event. Its my first time actually going so i thought I would ask you guys