2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

On talks of headline slots at R&L- who has been the best, worst you have seen. Also tell me your dream headliner? 

Best: Biffy Clyro (2013), The 1975 (2019), Paramore (2014) 

Worst: Red Hot Chili Peppers (2016), Foo Fighters (2019), Eminem (2013) 

Dream Headliner: Kanye West. Always Kanye West. 

• Like 1

I’ve finally decided to make an instagram dedicated to music related content where I’m going to be posting artist recommendations based on stuff I’ve been listening to and liking the sound of, festival content, reviews and live music stuff when we start getting that back. I’ve been wanting to do this or some sort of blog for a while but never got round to it. I’d appreciate it if anyone on here would follow me! 

Link here if you want to follow: I'm on Instagram as foolee__. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=lyies1d4flvr&utm_content=lmenmmn

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I enjoyed Foo's in 2019. I actually found it a little less cringe than their Glastonbury set which at parts just dragged. They could have made that much better but I think they were just ticking the box off.

A better question to ask would be -

-If you are bored watching a headliner, why don’t you go for a wander around the site to  watch someone on the other stages?

Bonus question for people who say that they only stay to watch the boring headliner because their friends want to-

Do you spend the whole set telling your friends how boring you think their choice of headliner is or do you let them enjoy it?

- extra bonus question for people who say that they only watched the boring set because their friends wanted to watch the boring set but their friends found it boring too but you all stayed to watch complaining about how boring it was-—

What is wrong with you all?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, nathanh said:

On talks of headline slots at R&L- who has been the best, worst you have seen. Also tell me your dream headliner? 

Best - The 1975 (2019), Foals (2016), Muse (2017). From videos MCR in 2011 looked incredible 

Worst - Libertines (2015)

Dream - Radiohead, even thought they’ve played before but also probably Kanye for me too

56 minutes ago, nathanh said:

For me, worse is Kasabian. It’s the only artist I’ve walked out of during a set. I can’t stand them live after that experience. Best there’s a few, Metallica is always hella fun and seen them twice at the festival. MCR, Rage in 2008, Foos in 2019, I could go on. Perks of going for what, 13 years in a row 😂

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

3 of your worst are 3 of my favourites haha but I suppose it’s difference in generations, it’s difference in opinions and that’s okay! We like some sets that others don’t and vice versa 

38 minutes ago, foolee said:

Best: Rage Against the Machine (2008)

Worst: RHCP (2007)

Dream: The White Stripes 

Rage in 2008 is one of my favs. I wish 2020’s went ahead, absolutely wanted to see them headline the festival again. I hope they pull them back in for 2022.

40 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’ve finally decided to make an instagram dedicated to music related content where I’m going to be posting artist recommendations based on stuff I’ve been listening to and liking the sound of, festival content, reviews and live music stuff when we start getting that back. I’ve been wanting to do this or some sort of blog for a while but never got round to it. I’d appreciate it if anyone on here would follow me! 

Link here if you want to follow: I'm on Instagram as foolee__. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=lyies1d4flvr&utm_content=lmenmmn

Gave it a follow for you mate! 

24 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Best - The 1975 (2019), Foals (2016), Muse (2017). From videos MCR in 2011 looked incredible 

Worst - Libertines (2015)

Dream - Radiohead, even thought they’ve played before but also probably Kanye for me too

Muse in 2017 is legitimately one of the best live shows I’ve ever been to. I headed into that not been a massive Muse fan, but certainly walked out as a massive fan. 

and definitely MCR in 2011! That was hella fun.

Edited by TownNation
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Muse in 2017 is legitimately one of the best live shows I’ve ever been to. I headed into that not been a massive Muse fan, but certainly walked out as a massive fan. 

Them and Foos were the two bands that I had always always wanted to see live, Foos were great last year, but Muse were just another level, 14 year old me was transfixed for the whole thing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Best: Radiohead 2009, Prodigy 1996, Blur 2009

Worst: Eminem 2001(still regret not seeing mercury rev), pixies 2005, blink 182(2010)

Dream Headliner: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

2 hours ago, nathanh said:

Best - Arctics (2014), Linkin Park (2003), Green Day (2004) and Biffy (2013)

Worst - KoL (2018) 

Dream - Oasis and Fleetwood Mac - would say Kanye but saw him at Glasto (where I thought he was really good despite reviews) - wouldn’t complain if he was announced though 

Edited by Dukey

Well, I've been only twice before so it's quite easy to pick... 

Best - The 1975 (2019)

Worst - Fall Out Boy (2018)

Dream - The Weeknd, Travis Scott or BMTH... these 3 would fcking smash it.

Unrealistic dream - Daft Punk

• Upvote 1

Best: RATM (2008), Blink (2010), Pulp (2011), Biffy (2013), AM (2014)

Worst: Disclosure (2016), Eminem (2017)

Dream: RATM (2022) Come on Melvin, please for the love of all things holy. 

• Like 1

The 1975 in 2019 and Kendrick Lamar in 2018 were the best headline slots I’ve seen, Fall Out Boy in 2018 deffo the worst 

In terms of R1 headliners I’ve not really seen many but Mura Masa 2019 was great and Wolf Alice 2018 were a big let down 

Edited by TheWaters

3 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

A better question to ask would be -

-If you are bored watching a headliner, why don’t you go for a wander around the site to  watch someone on the other stages?

Bonus question for people who say that they only stay to watch the boring headliner because their friends want to-

Do you spend the whole set telling your friends how boring you think their choice of headliner is or do you let them enjoy it?

- extra bonus question for people who say that they only watched the boring set because their friends wanted to watch the boring set but their friends found it boring too but you all stayed to watch complaining about how boring it was-—

What is wrong with you all?

I stayed for RHCP in 2016 because it was on the Sunday night at Leeds and I was giving mates a lift home so stayed with them so we could just go straight to the car and get out of the car park as quickly as possible without having to faff around trying to find each other. 

Foo’s in 2019, I stayed for about an hour and then walked off. Most of my mate’s were enjoying it so I didn’t make a point of saying ‘This is shit’, I just said ‘I’ve seen them before’ as my reason for going. 

32 minutes ago, SugarFree said:

Best and worst R1 Headline sets?

I can’t think of any that were really bad as I haven’t seen too many headliners on that stage but Limp Bizkit in 2015 and Bombay Bicycle Club in 2014 are two of the best sets I’ve seen at the festival full stop. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The White Stripes are an excellent shout. They would be my second choice for dream headliner. I think we’ll get them back one day, too, and unlike some reformations, I think they would still be brilliant live.

I’m not gonna say they’ll never reform because I’m sure the huge sums of money they’d receive would be appealing, but considering Jack plays all the big songs when he performs solo just like he did in White Stripes and Meg removing herself from the music industry entirely ever since they broke up ten years ago, it doesn’t seem like something that’s really on the cards or even needed.