2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Hes definitely not Capaldi size in my opinion but I dont know if the replacement will be that big of a name?  

Yea probably not.

I know Sam Fender was billed to headline the Radio 1 stage in 2020 so I suppose playing what is effectively a 3rd/4th down slot on the main stage would make sense.

3 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Yea probably not.

I know Sam Fender was billed to headline the Radio 1 stage in 2020 so I suppose playing what is effectively a 3rd/4th down slot on the main stage would make sense.

Yeah for sure and he is a very R&L act for me too so it would make sense. 

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Do we think R&L will book Capaldi again for next year or not? Personally not a fan myself but he was a pretty big name on the bill. 

When Capaldi cancelled for this year he posted all his 2022 tour dates which included fests he was supposed to do this year. No sign of R&L though so I’d assume he’s not been rebooked as it stands

6 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Realistic: Slaves, ADTR, Enter Shikari

Dream: Tame Impala, BMTH, Interpol

Not sure they'd go for three heavy bands to headline R1, maybe one tops. More likely to be one pop/rap, one rock and one dance

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Megan Thee Stallion, Enter Shikari, Rex Orange County or Sam Fender ? 

I think megan is too big, especially in a year with two main stages. If the R1 remains at all, I expect it'll be a budget version. The others sound possible though

9 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Not sure they'd go for three heavy bands to headline R1, maybe one tops. More likely to be one pop/rap, one rock and one dance

No definitely not, Slaves are having a break but either ADTR or Shikari, plus an indie band and rap/pop will probably be it. Revised:

Shikari

Sam Fender/Rex Orange County

Skepta

44 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

any chance of Lil Nas X? making headlines rn and a v big artist 

this isn't even a bad shout for the capaldi replacement

----

No way lizzo imo, way too expensive I think now - capaldi was probably booked when he was a fair bit cheaper.

would love to see brockhampton return, that was the best set of 2018 for me - no doubt their return would go down ridiculously well. pendulum in the tent against post malone or stormzy would be great as well

Edited by gfa