2021 Lineup

14 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Yeah agreed, my mates and I would all be there and I’m sure many other people would be too, just not relevant enough to replace capaldi on the bill for me

For sure, I could definitely see him get a good afternoon audience for the classics- I would be there for sure but not big enough to replace Capaldi in 2021 

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He’s one of the biggest artists in the country and one of the most played on radio. He’s massive. Dizzee Rascal is none of these things. 

The Fratellis however😏 now that’s another story 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Is Capaldi relevant to the reading/leeds crowd.

I think that spot now belongs to Megan Thee Stallion or Courteeners, not saying that's who I want but who I think it will be. Could consider Chemical Brothers with them replacing Capaldi at TRNSMT but can anyone imagine a CB late afternoon set? Couldn't imagine Galvanize going off in broad daylight

i reckon it will be someone cheap, its sold out honestly who cares if the instagram comments section is furious they will still all go anyway and have a good time. hopefully not pop but who knows. i'm thinking glass animals but they are my favourite band - good crossover appeal and heat waves is climbing up the charts (its like top 20 now i think), just sold out ally pally too and would definitely be on the cheap side of things

11 hours ago, Dave-Bboard said:

I think that spot now belongs to Megan Thee Stallion or Courteeners, not saying that's who I want but who I think it will be. Could consider Chemical Brothers with them replacing Capaldi at TRNSMT but can anyone imagine a CB late afternoon set? Couldn't imagine Galvanize going off in broad daylight

yes fucking please but no way would happen hahah

Edited by gfa

35 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I think Lewis’ replacement will be a mainstream pop/ rap act like many of the people high up on the bill for that day just to keep that audience happy. 

yeah i agree, thats why i said hopefully not. could be anyone though honestly its sold out

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Lizzo

Hmm maybe a good shout- She has played R&L before and I think if they dont book her in the next few years she will be headliner size for festival slots and shes not a future R&L headliner at all. Maybe if she released some new music before summer? 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sam Fender would be a suitable replacement, I reckon. He’d probably be just as popular and he’s about in August anyway. I’m hedging my bets on him replacing Capaldi. 

If I had to bet on Capaldis replacement, I would either put money on Sam or Megan Thee Stallion replacing him. 

35 minutes ago, nathanh said:

As much as I’d love Lizzo do we know whether she has any new stuff in the works? and if not do you think FR would book? 

To be honest I don’t think she’s massively suited to RandL personally, although I might be wrong. And she doesn’t have any new stuff out as far as I’m aware, plus I haven’t seen her on any other line-ups so seems quite unlikely