2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Josh from You Me At Six has said on Twitter that they have ‘amazing news’ in the coming weeks could be Reading and Leeds or news about a tour but this is just another hint towards a lineup soon I’m seriously getting desperate now 

🤣

On 3/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, Newjem said:

I think the problem isnt in US situation because that can be solved by artists getting tests or vaccines. The main problem is the current uncertainty and cancellation of festivals in mainland Europe which makes touring unprofitable. Rappers and DJ's without huge production and crew will be fine. Some of them normally fly to the UK only for R&L, like Post Malone did in 2018 (and his plane had to make an emergency landing). But bands need proper tours which makes me think that QOTSA, Fever 333 or 100 gecs might eventually cancel their shows.

Smaller acts maybe but publicity wise this would be an awful move. Surely they could just announce some UK tour dates or something like that to make it worth it or the festival could step in to help some of the smaller acts out.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Smaller acts maybe but publicity wise this would be an awful move. Surely they could just announce some UK tour dates or something like that to make it worth it or the festival could step in to help some of the smaller acts out.

People already have tickets to see those bands though. This is why generally if a band is doing their own dates then festival dates will be at a much different time.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:32 AM, wro_lap said:

I doubt they’ll play a secret set as they did that in 2015, but it’s nice knowing they’re available.

With QOTSA and Post Malone coming over from America, isn’t the situation pretty bad over there? Is there a chance they won’t make it over? Foals could potentially be a reserve headliner if one of them pulls out.

Situation in the US is better than the UK re vaccine timeline, cases still a bit behind but assuming vaccines work as they look like the will, the US will have over 70% of the pop fully vaccinated by July, so a travel corridor will happen. 

Even if Euro tours are cancelled, bands will fly for Reading, production will deffo be below normal standards but I think that will happen whatever now anyway

On 3/20/2021 at 8:34 PM, thewayiam said:

People already have tickets to see those bands though. This is why generally if a band is doing their own dates then festival dates will be at a much different time.

not sure for international acts, but generally tours are announced then sell out and afterwards festival dates at a similar time get announced if im not mistaken - i don't understand what your getting at

39 minutes ago, stanh said:

with parklife and wireless being on the same weekend this year, i think they will both have a fair bit of crossover too, especially in terms of overseas acts... would make sense for them to do r+l first then stay a couple weeks to get in two more gigs

Agreed. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Dababy and/or Doja Cat at one or both

2 hours ago, gfa said:

not sure for international acts, but generally tours are announced then sell out and afterwards festival dates at a similar time get announced if im not mistaken - i don't understand what your getting at

I think it's more larger acts than just international. Qotsa are much more likely to announce and tour after Reading. I'm fairly sure something like that would be in the contract. They aren't going to to Reading and other arena dates around it...warm up shows at the very max.