2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, they were great that day.

Hopefully they’re playing there again as opposed to being early on the main stage.

I’m hoping they headline. It would be my 3rd time seeing them live. It’s their crazy energy for me that makes it. No joke one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen because of how mental both the band and the crowd gets.

ive seen them in a 300 capacity venue, I’ve seen them in a 20k capacity venue. Same energy.

can’t imagine what they’ll be like on a festival stage with thousands in front of them. It’s gonna be fun.

im hoping for a headline slot on the pit personally. Frickin love the band.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TownNation said:

I’m hoping they headline. It would be my 3rd time seeing them live. It’s their crazy energy for me that makes it. No joke one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen because of how mental both the band and the crowd gets.

ive seen them in a 300 capacity venue, I’ve seen them in a 20k capacity venue. Same energy.

can’t imagine what they’ll be like on a festival stage with thousands in front of them. It’s gonna be fun.

im hoping for a headline slot on the pit personally. Frickin love the band.

Yeah, will be my third time seeing them too.

Live the band, fantastic live.

Was gutted when letlive. split up but Fever333 are a very good replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, they were great that day.

Hopefully they’re playing there again as opposed to being early on the main stage.

Yeah I reckon there will be a lockup stage as I can't see the gallows being on the main stage, my guess would be they headline the pit same as last year 🙂

2 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Yeah I reckon there will be a lockup stage as I can't see the gallows being on the main stage, my guess would be they headline the pit same as last year 🙂

Yeah. Gallows being announced does suggest that some Rock/Metal/Punk bands are to be added.

As it stands they are sticking out like a sore thumb and I can’t imagine many Stormzy or Lewis Capaldi fans wanting to see them.

• Upvote 1

Adding some weight to there definitely being a Pit / Lock Up still; the other day, Lotus Eater were asking on Twitter where people want to see them play and I said the Pit / Lock Up at R&L and they replied saying ‘that would go off’. I then tagged Dan P Carter saying ‘I wonder if @DanielPCarter still has anything to do with booking that stage?’ and Dan replied with his bitmoji doing a chin stroke, thinking expression. 

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah. Gallows being announced does suggest that some Rock/Metal/Punk bands are to be added.

As it stands they are sticking out like a sore thumb and I can’t imagine many Stormzy or Lewis Capaldi fans wanting to see them.

I'm a stormzy fan and like fever 333 but I guess I'm one of very few, I also think putting fever 333 on the main stage wouldn't do them justice 

54 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

I'm a stormzy fan and like fever 333 but I guess I'm one of very few, I also think putting fever 333 on the main stage wouldn't do them justice 

I said there can’t be many Stormzy fans who want to see Gallows but yes, the same applies to Fever333 the next day.

Edited by rivalschools.price

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I said there can’t be many Stormzy fans who want to see Gallows but yes, the same applies to Fever333 the next day.

Sorry mate mis read your post, don't think gallows are main stage band either I personally can't name one of their songs 

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Gallows or Fever 333 would be on like six hours before Lewis Capaldi. I don't think it matters - people not bothered would be at another stage or back at tent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Gallows or Fever 333 would be on like six hours before Lewis Capaldi. I don't think it matters - people not bothered would be at another stage or back at tent.

I was more thinking that there is little point booking Gallows or Fever 333 if they were the only heavy band for the day.

To me, their booking suggests that there will be more heavy bands and likely the Pit.

Edited by rivalschools.price

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

His other hardcore project Pressure Cracks are pretty decent

Pressure Cracks’ stuff is alright but I think that both that project and Fever 333 misses the other and that’s what made letlive. so special. 

As for the Pit/Lock Up, I’ll say again that I think we have all of the headliners for that stage already: Gallows, Fever 333 and Neck Deep.

Edited by Andre91

Have we talked about the possibility of them getting rid of the Pit and the 1Xtra names but keeping the stages and changing them to genre non-specific stages? The 1Xtra Stage is pretty much redundant nowadays and The Pit has its struggles. Dance Stage obviously has its place but other than that, wouldn't it make sense to just have stages where they can book any act regardless of genre? Like pretty much every festival.

If the R1 stage is gone then forcing themselves to book acts into particular styles because of the remaining stages seems illogical, especially with it being seemingly quite difficult to fill out a full day without opening late or closing early.

So something like: Main Stage East, Main Stage West, Festival Republic Stage, R1 Dance Stage, Pepsi Max Arena, Barclaycard Stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have we talked about the possibility of them getting rid of the Pit and the 1Xtra names but keeping the stages and changing them to genre non-specific stages? The 1Xtra Stage is pretty much redundant nowadays and The Pit has its struggles. Dance Stage obviously has its place but other than that, wouldn't it make sense to just have stages where they can book any act regardless of genre? Like pretty much every festival.

If the R1 stage is gone then forcing themselves to book acts into particular styles because of the remaining stages seems illogical, especially with it being seemingly quite difficult to fill out a full day without opening late or closing early.

So something like: Main Stage East, Main Stage West, Festival Republic Stage, R1 Dance Stage, Pepsi Max Arena, Barclaycard Stage.

I like this idea. It would mix up the groups a bit more since I feel like very specific groups stick to the pit and 1xtra. I didn't go to the 1xtra at all in 2019 because of the kind of crowd that's there 24/7, so it would be nice to open up the stages to everyone while also giving the more niche genres exposure to a wider audience.

Edit: The Dan Carter tweet seems to go against this idea though, no?

Edited by Quorn

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Would be fully behind this idea. Would make for much more interesting lineups

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Pressure Cracks’ stuff is alright but I think that both that project and Fever 333 misses the other and that’s what made letlive. so special. 

As for the Pit/Lock Up, I’ll say again that I think we have all of the headliners for that stage already: Gallows, Fever 333 and Neck Deep.

Three strong headliners that

25 minutes ago, Quorn said:

I like this idea. It would mix up the groups a bit more since I feel like very specific groups stick to the pit and 1xtra. I didn't go to the 1xtra at all in 2019 because of the kind of crowd that's there 24/7, so it would be nice to open up the stages to everyone while also giving the more niche genres exposure to a wider audience.

Edit: The Dan Carter tweet seems to go against this idea though, no?

Maybe. Maybe I'm just thinking of something FR hasn't caught up to yet.

Another idea that would probably be better than what they have now but not perfect, would be to alternate between 1Xtra and The Pit in the same stage. So for instance this year they could have one day 1Xtra on the day Liam Gallagher and QOTSA headline, and the other two days The Pit.

It doesn't give them the versatility that abolishing the stages would but at least it should mean that they can just programme a stage that is an alternative to what's on main, rather than closing early or having weird gaps in the middle of the day because the main stage draw is too strong. 

Edited by dentalplan