2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, stanh said:

i think everyone is just gagging for some names or confirmation of stages - im pretty sceptical too,  as ive not seen anything on socials confirming an announcement - but id LOVE to be proved wrong 

Same here. Although I did read something somewhere on here about all/most of the ones for this year (possibly last year) not actually having a pre announcement before so wouldn’t be surprised 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, K2001 said:

Same here. Although I did read something somewhere on here about all/most of the ones for this year (possibly last year) not actually having a pre announcement before so wouldn’t be surprised 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Jack.194 Did you notice any trend in pre-announcements over the past couple of years during your browsing?

The last announcement of a handful of acts (Neck Deep and Jack Harlow were part of it) dropped out of nowhere without warning. If they are only announcing 10 bands, I think it would be a disappointment overall but if they announce some of the remaining bigger hitters, it'll be better received. 

I'm not expecting anything tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

I reckon if they have MK and Solardo that at least guarantees there will be a dance stage. 

Exactly right it would be weird if they ended up on the main stage I think if it is a poster all you will see is there is no radio 1 stage and if there is it will be smaller scale acts

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

@Jack.194 Did you notice any trend in pre-announcements over the past couple of years during your browsing?

It was mainly anomalies, so most of the 2018 (the year of the super late, super disappointing lineup) announcements didn’t have pre-abnouncements, and then one was as a result of LG self-confirming of his own accord.

That being said, it has been a year of anomalous events so it wouldn’t surprised me at all! Only got to wait half hour to find out now anyway

If I had to hedge a guess before 6: 

Sam Fender, Slowthai, Tom Grennan, Fredo, Declan McKenna, M Huncho, Arlo Parks, The Subways, Yonaka and special guests - The Vaccines (genuinely) 

I’d love Architects and Idles to get added ...

Edited by Dukey
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dukey said:

If I had to hedge a guess before 6: 

Sam Fender, Slowthai, Tom Grennan, Fredo, Declan McKenna, M Huncho, Arlo Parks, The Subways, Yonaka and special guests - The Vaccines (genuinely) 

I’d love Architects and Idles to get added ...

Architects would be immense. I'd put my money on them, You Me At Six and Pale Waves a sure thing to be announced if not this evening in the next (eventual) announcement. A few curve balls like Papa Roach or Limp Bizkit would be sick too. 

8 minutes ago, JoshCover said:

I heard theres 10 acts, including american female rapper, world famous DJ, multiple upcoming bands, and 2 UK rappers

Lizzo

the half of Daft Punk that didn’t blow up

Fratellis, MCR, Subways and the Cribs 

Dizzee Rascal and Lethal Bizzle

and a dash of Kanye and Slipknot for good measure

Edited by Gerard the Fab
  • Upvote 2