2021 Lineup

7 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

my fave set i've ever seen at reading, only been going since 2016 though

It was an unreal set, bettered only by Foos last time for me. Thought I'd never see BMTH be that good again but their Big Weekend set in 2019 was as good as it gets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fYAn-oTkk

1 hour ago, stanh said:

fair enough, i was at leeds, didnt bother though for the sherlocks!

https://twitter.com/Creamfields/status/1369256656924635138?s=20

also, creamfields announcing more artists, looking plausible for an r+l announcement soon (PLEASE)

Yeah surely we can’t be too far away now from an announcement drop? A LOT of festivals are dropping announcements left, right and centre and to not hear from R&L just kinda takes away the hype. They need to drop something soon. End of the week would be a good shout but it needs to be soon.

43 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

After Melvin said that all of the headliners had never headlined before i was almost certain they were going to give a slot to BMTH. Posty and Disclosure again....... makes sense

As much as I love BMTH I do wonder if they'd draw a big enough crowd to headline outright. Would they settle for co-headline? I was the same, I thought this would be the year

39 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

As much as I love BMTH I do wonder if they'd draw a big enough crowd to headline outright. Would they settle for co-headline? I was the same, I thought this would be the year

I think depending on the success of the next EPs/album that could tip them into headline status. Playing the 02 at the end of the year too. Personally I think they are already there and will smash it whilst bringing a huge crowd when its their turn.

2 hours ago, TownNation said:

Yeah surely we can’t be too far away now from an announcement drop? A LOT of festivals are dropping announcements left, right and centre and to not hear from R&L just kinda takes away the hype. They need to drop something soon. End of the week would be a good shout but it needs to be soon.

its sold out though, they just don't need to... hype doesn't matter

Hopefully its just me being negative..... Sold out or not, surely if they had something coming that they knew was really exciting they would want to put it out. If they know there line up is dissapointing they may not want to put it out because they know as soon as they do there will be alot of dissapointed people and potentially alot of people selling there tickets.

Hopefully i'm just reading into this too much and being a bit of a downer

36 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Hopefully its just me being negative..... Sold out or not, surely if they had something coming that they knew was really exciting they would want to put it out. If they know there line up is dissapointing they may not want to put it out because they know as soon as they do there will be alot of dissapointed people and potentially alot of people selling there tickets.

It really doesn’t matter to them at this point.

Even if people sell their tickets the money still ends up in FR’s pockets one way or another

1 hour ago, Known-Radio said:

Yeah people selling on their tickets means nothing to FR, the money is already in their pockets. Realistically they have no need to do anything now since they've sold everything already, so the ball is very much in their court when it comes to the next step and they can do whatever they like. With that said, the wait for another announcement could mean that they are hoping to secure another couple of names to make it a great announcement and please the fans, or it could mean that they're sitting back and relaxing because the important part is done. Could go either way

Edit: Another possibility is they're trying to negotiate with reading council first and that's delayed because the council want to wait to see how the roadmap goes, just another idea

Edited by Quorn
  • Upvote 1

The Vaccines have just posted a video of them playing Reading a few years ago with no explanation. Probably means fuck all but it’s given me a little hope they might be booked/announcement coming soon.

Probably the best of the “booked too often” lot cuz they’re actually fun live

Edited by TheWaters

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

The Vaccinee have just posted a video of them playing Reading a few years ago with no explanation. Probably means fuck all but it’s given me a little hope they might be booked/announcement coming soon.

I’ve seen videos of the frontman looking batshit mental haha, I can imagine the PR team having a good laugh making the announcement

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

The Vaccines have just posted a video of them playing Reading a few years ago with no explanation. Probably means fuck all but it’s given me a little hope they might be booked/announcement coming soon.

I was there for that performance, was amazing.

I wouldn’t read into it too much though, I think their debut album is turning 10 pretty soon so they’re pretty active on social media, probably nothing Reading related explicitly.

I do think they’ll be booked to play though, definitely hoping for it!

3 hours ago, K2001 said:

Creamfields which is announcing this week is also sold out no?...

Yes but they have sold out with headliners still to be announced. Reading don't. Reading can now literally scrape the barrel with acts that will play 400 capacity venue's if they want. Similar to the other year with Rock Werchter. A guy day the day is sold now so they've no need to try and improve it, and I don't believe they did.

2 hours ago, Known-Radio said:

What he said below

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

It really doesn’t matter to them at this point.

Even if people sell their tickets the money still ends up in FR’s pockets one way or another

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

They used to be.

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

Yeah people selling on their tickets means nothing to FR, the money is already in their pockets. Realistically they have no need to do anything now since they've sold everything already, so the ball is very much in their court when it comes to the next step and they can do whatever they like. With that said, the wait for another announcement could mean that they are hoping to secure another couple of names to make it a great announcement and please the fans, or it could mean that they're sitting back and relaxing because the important part is done. Could go either way

Edit: Another possibility is they're trying to negotiate with reading council first and that's delayed because the council want to wait to see how the roadmap goes, just another idea

I'm hoping obviously it's the former and they're pulling in a couple of big names, for co-headline and whatnot. If that is the case tho, who can you realistically cop in those positions?

I think the fact they’ve sold out before releasing the whole lineup is a bad sign for what names we’ll get.

It just depends if they had already booked the majority of acts before they’d sold out - which I personally think they will have done, so we should get some good names.

But also with COVID the whole thing is bound to be completely different to normal, so as with all other questions speculated on this thread, fuck knows.

• Upvote 1

They’re not going to populate the lineup with 400 cap venue artists and no-marks just because they’ve sold out. That would be terrible PR. 

It’s getting boring now. The speculation has gone from genuine discussion of who might play, to repeated topics over and over to absolute nonsense now.

Slam Dunk, Bloodstock, APE, Creamfields and others have all made (or are about to make) lineup announcements very recently. R&L won’t be far behind. Let’s just chill out a bit and resist repeating things over and over and over again. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 2