2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It accounts for everything no? CDs, Vinyl, Streams and purchases online (ITunes etc)

Dunno, neither feature on the Spotify album top 50, so I assume that’s not counted

14 minutes ago, Benj said:

Dunno, neither feature on the Spotify album top 50, so I assume that’s not counted

Yh but I think it’s almost weighted towards physical sales and anything where money is  spent. Spotify also isn’t the only streaming service and probably makes a smaller proportion of the whole than you think

Yh but I think it’s almost weighted towards physical sales and anything where money is  spent. Spotify also isn’t the only streaming service and probably makes a smaller proportion of the whole than you think

Apparently it takes 1500 streams to count as a sale 

I might be wrong but I think 2000 streams is one physical purchase

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Pretty pointless gauge then, of popularity anyway only collectors buy stuff now

Good measure of cult following though

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

I buy physical copies of albums on CD I’ve got about 120+ now. I’m probably in the minority but I love having that physical copy

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

Just read a bit about it streaming works as 

So how does this all work for albums?

The 2 album tracks with the most streams are neutralised to the level of the average of the next 10 most streamed tracks on the album.

The streams of the top 12 tracks (or all tracks if an album has fewer than 12 tracks) are aggregated together and converted using a ratio of 1,000 streams = 1 album sale.

Makes a bit more sense in that it will weight towards full album listens as opposed to one off huge tracks

I don’t think we’ll get MCR next year, I think they’ll take a year to write an album or something considering they’re touring a lot this year 

I’m more inclined to say Green Day or the Killers or maybe even Metallica 

Travis Scott-Billie/Tame Impala-Metallica would be solid

8 minutes ago, Promise said:

I don’t think we’ll get MCR next year, I think they’ll take a year to write an album or something considering they’re touring a lot this year 

Don’t get me started buddy

Since they were last mentioned I had a look at some of Circa Waves' live sets and they look like they bring heaps of energy, so I've gone from being happy with them as an addition to having my fingers crossed they'll be added

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

Since they were last mentioned I had a look at some of Circa Waves' live sets and they look like they bring heaps of energy, so I've gone from being happy with them as an addition to having my fingers crossed they'll be added

Circa waves are quality saw them at rize Festival a few years ago 🙂

1 hour ago, Quorn said:

Their new album is really good as well, they haven’t had a chance to tour it either. Don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility but they’d be a main stage act, surely? 

3 hours ago, iistroudley said:

The Kooks anyone? Personally think they're quite dull but a typical indie 6pm band for R&L

Nah. They had two songs loved by girls a decade or so ago who are now mums with better things to do

Sure a load of boys loved them too, they’re now dads who regret ever putting the kooks on the radio!

Edited by Benj

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think the fact that they sold Wembley very, very well on their last tour is evidence enough that they are too big to headline 2000 Trees. 

In a post-lockdown world where the demand for gigs will be bigger than ever, I don’t think it is unrealistic at all that Architects go for O2 Arena on the proper tour for this album. Get a strong bill underneath them and I think they could do very well. 

That's what I thought. 

02 I think is a little adventurous yet but future wise.

12 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

It's not for me unfortunately, but I think they'll be at r&l

I'll listen to it but from what I've heard there are bit okay but then too heavy for me. I don't think Reading will have them though.

12 hours ago, Promise said:

I’m more inclined to say Green Day or the Killers or maybe even Metallica 

Travis Scott-Billie/Tame Impala-Metallica would be solid

I reckon Paramore, Metallica and Eminem is a shout.

• Like 1