2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Such a shame as well because their first 3 albums are fantastic

Yeah, they were awesome in those days and I thought we had a great band on our hands. 

Loved them live in the early days and enjoyed the Reading set 2007

Missed them in 2009 as I watched Faith no More

Nowadays they seem a totally different band to those days. They look different, dress differently and sound different, everything is different (and none for the better)

Lasted 6 songs in 2018 and wandered off, so boring.

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

TPD have posted on their insta story what looks to be a segment of a thumb nail for their podcast, clear to see the next podcast is going to be R&L themed, could be just another Q&A but they've had press release in the past so wouldn't surprise me if this could be their discussion of the line-up

How often do the podcasts come out? Does that mean a possible announcement next week? 

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, they were awesome in those days and I thought we had a great band on our hands. 

Loved them live in the early days and enjoyed the Reading set 2007

Nowadays they seem a totally different band to those days. They look different, dress differently and sound different, everything is different (and none for the better)

Lasted 6 songs in 2018 and wandered off, so boring.

Completely agree, I still listen and enjoy the first 3 albums. I can tolerate the 4th but it's nothing on the first 3 and the 4th came out and Sex On Fire was played everywhere. I think they just changed as people and a band. I don't even think they enjoy being in a band anymore, stage presence is non existent and it's like they're just there for a pay check these days. Not even worth watching at festivals because most of the crowd don't know the songs prior to the 4th album so people are chatting and they fall flat.

1 minute ago, foolee said:

How often do the podcasts come out? Does that mean a possible announcement next week? 

i mean i'm really reaching, they're a channel that make festival content so it's probably just any other video, most likely a Q&A but there's a small possibility that it COULD be the line-up, episodes come out like once a week

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Completely agree, I still listen and enjoy the first 3 albums. I can tolerate the 4th but it's nothing on the first 3 and the 4th came out and Sex On Fire was played everywhere. I think they just changed as people and a band. I don't even think they enjoy being in a band anymore, stage presence is non existent and it's like they're just there for a pay check these days. Not even worth watching at festivals because most of the crowd don't know the songs prior to the 4th album so people are chatting and they fall flat.

Similar to Imagine Dragons where like most people like a few of their songs but I don't think many people would consider them their favourite band. I like all their albums except Walls. They are one of the worst bands I've seen live absolute flat, Caleb has to be one of the most boring frontmen out there. He does nothing to hype the crowd up. 

Edited by Paulmcm1998
Typo

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The vast majority of R&L’s core young audience can’t care about The Streets, surely? 

You’d be surprised. Very popular with the 17-23 dnb/garage crowd which is deffo a fair portion of R&L goers. Quite big in the dark fruits crowd as well.

Edited by TheWaters

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The vast majority of R&L’s core young audience can’t care about The Streets, surely? 

I think they do tbh, ik it’s not the same set of attendees, but the crowd here looks reasonably youthful and up for it 

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm constantly surprised with how popular people think The Streets are. I know once person who actively liked them and the rest only know who they are because Fit But You Know It was on FIFA 2005.

Could say the same for TDCC and What You Know, the Streets are a popular band, they would do down well at R&L, especially against the right person 

I mean depending on your taste you could say the same for any band who've been on FIFA, I'm not denying they're popular, they've just made absolutely no impression on me.

Same for The Strokes, I only knew who they were initially because they had a song on FIFA (Wanna say it was Machu Picchu?) but I think they're dull.

48 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I mean depending on your taste you could say the same for any band who've been on FIFA, I'm not denying they're popular, they've just made absolutely no impression on me.

Same for The Strokes, I only knew who they were initially because they had a song on FIFA (Wanna say it was Machu Picchu?) but I think they're dull.

I like them but Leeds was a huge disappointment. Pulp upstaged them massively.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Architects getting to #1 on the album charts is hilarious. Like, even though they’ve mellowed their sound out a fair bit since the old days, I still wouldn’t have expected it. Good on em.

That album is still heavier than anything that has been #1 since, what, Slipknot in 2001? If you played the vast majority of that album to your average Radio 1 listener, it’d still be the heaviest thing they’ve heard on the radio in forever. 

Amazing achieving for the band. Mogwai and Architects getting #1 in back to back weeks. Cool af. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That album is still heavier than anything that has been #1 since, what, Slipknot in 2001? If you played the vast majority of that album to your average Radio 1 listener, it’d still be the heaviest thing they’ve heard on the radio in forever. 

Amazing achieving for the band. Mogwai and Architects getting #1 in back to back weeks. Cool af. 

I'm going to have to give the architects album a listening been sleeping on them for to long. 

3 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

TPD have posted on their insta story what looks to be a segment of a thumb nail for their podcast, clear to see the next podcast is going to be R&L themed, could be just another Q&A but they've had press release in the past so wouldn't surprise me if this could be their discussion of the line-up

They already announced a part 2 of their last Q&A, it’ll just be that - nowt to get excited about. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

What’s it based on these days, I’m guessing not streams?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

And yet @Chavmeisterdeluxethinks they aren't too big to headline 2000 Trees. I'd love to know the last time Jew and Thrice got no.1 albums.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And yet @Chavmeisterdeluxethinks they aren't too big to headline 2000 Trees. I'd love to know the last time Jew and Thrice got no.1 albums.

I think the fact that they sold Wembley very, very well on their last tour is evidence enough that they are too big to headline 2000 Trees. 

In a post-lockdown world where the demand for gigs will be bigger than ever, I don’t think it is unrealistic at all that Architects go for O2 Arena on the proper tour for this album. Get a strong bill underneath them and I think they could do very well. 

Edited by Andre91