2021 Lineup

5 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

we’re all now trying to decide which of the headliners are doing a tour so we can find out the name of ONE band on the BBC Introducing stage ffs, i’m sick to death of this uno

This is how far we’re going though due to no announcements because we’re desperate, bored in lockdown and want something to do 

what was I thinking not buying tix for the festival this year... hope that in time I'll be able to find a decent priced pair of tix:)

I'm quite curious how the line up will look in the end.
I feel that there will be some changes in the headline slots but we'll see

Edited by r55N

1 hour ago, r55N said:

what was I thinking not buying tix for the festival this year... hope that in time I'll be able to find a decent priced pair of tix:)

I'm quite curious how the line up will look in the end.
I feel that there will be some changes in the headline slots but we'll see

Even though I've not seen live music properly for a long time, I have zero regrets in not doing so. It's not a top tier Reading lineup by far and now they have the sell out they don't need to spend on anyone too big at all. It's all just save from a year we couldn't go ahead.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Even though I've not seen live music properly for a long time, I have zero regrets in not doing so. It's not a top tier Reading lineup by far and now they have the sell out they don't need to spend on anyone too big at all. It's all just save from a year we couldn't go ahead.

I'd expect most of the lineup (big names at least) to be agreed at least verbally by now. I don't expect the sellout to have much of an effect on it

11 minutes ago, Quorn said:

I'd expect most of the lineup (big names at least) to be agreed at least verbally by now. I don't expect the sellout to have much of an effect on it

Yes but the bigger names are there. They've plugged the two main stages due to being stretched anyway. 

Either way, joking aside it's creamfields I'd have been at but for two reasons it's unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Coz they're god awful and have the enthusiasm of 4 sedated sloths

That haha. I did like them and then Caleb disappeared up his own arse trashing everything on stage and that was that. Glastonbury they were good. They were heavily hostage by Kaiser Chiefs at Reading in 09 and their Hyde Parl show was shit.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That haha. I did like them and then Caleb disappeared up his own arse trashing everything on stage and that was that. Glastonbury they were good. They were heavily hostage by Kaiser Chiefs at Reading in 09 and their Hyde Parl show was shit.

Such a shame as well because their first 3 albums are fantastic

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

Such a shame as well because their first 3 albums are fantastic

I couldn't agree more. I loved OBTB too but I didn't get into them as early as some. I wasn't as indie man so to speak until 2006 time. I was still in my clubland era. I didn't even know about Leeds until my sister went in 2005 lol.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Don’t get me wrong, Only By the Night is one of my favourite albums ever, and all the albums before that spawned some decent songs, they’re just so fucking boring.

Only Sex on Fire and Use Somebody got the crowd going in 2018 and as a final set of the weekend it was wholly underwhelming

2 minutes ago, Dukey said:

KoL at Leeds '09 were brilliant but KoL at Leeds '18 was one of the worst sets and most boring sets I've ever seen

KOL at Reading 09’ is only bought up with incredible trepidation 

5 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Am I the only one still hoping for an announcement this evening?

Yes we’re all accepting defeat. I personally don’t think we’ll get one for a while

45 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

This playing at Picadilly 😂🥴

EBAD0A91-4859-406F-B583-EDB6A8411688.png

The Streets are deffo in my top 5 artists of all time. I refuse to acknowledge the last album and anything since though. I would say anything post-comeback but those early comeback singles like Burn Bridges, Boys Will Be Boys, Open The Till, Sometimes I Hate My Friends...etc. were genuinely quite good. 

• Like 1