2021 Lineup

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Pretty sure they self confirmed a while back but Circa Waves tour is now mid August so they’re probably a solid

Sounds good to me, some great songs and the rest of them are enjoyable enough

Been told the introducing stage will deffo be a thing this year by one of the bands booked. Don’t think anyone was doubting that stage was coming back but thought I’d put it out there anyway as we’re not really certain of anything at the minute 

Edited by TheWaters

12 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Been told the introducing stage will deffo be a thing this year by one of the bands booked. Don’t think anyone was doubting that stage was coming back but thought I’d put it out there anyway as we’re not really certain of anything at the minute 

Which band was that?

6 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Which band was that?

Not gonna reveal cuz it’s a mate and not my place to say & they probably weren’t supposed to tell anyone they’re playing themselves but they’re an up and coming indie band with about 20k monthly Spotify listeners.

Watch out for when one of the R&L headliners announces a tour for the end of the year though, they’ll be a support on that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LeedsFest20 said:
Just seen this from sports team announcement in September, “main stage” - what does this mean for all the acts in terms of what stage they are playing??

was really hoping for them in a tent up against Stormzy so that i would have somewhere to be during his set, they would of also smashed a set in the FR.. gutted

4 minutes ago, LeedsFest20 said:

Just seen this from sports team announcement in September, “main stage” - what does this mean for all the acts in terms of what stage they are playing??

Reckon it tells us there is probably way less thought going into these posters than we speculate. At present I think it’s just a collection of names sorted to the right days. Rest is up in the air

16 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not gonna reveal cuz it’s a mate and not my place to say & they probably weren’t supposed to tell anyone they’re playing themselves but they’re an up and coming indie band with about 20k monthly Spotify listeners.

Watch out for when one of the R&L headliners announces a tour for the end of the year though, they’ll be a support on that.

So basically look at whoever catfish and the bottlemen’s next tour support is...

also just noticed this on the article that was posted on the website when the line-up was announced

'Yeah that’s right, 2 main stages, 6 headliners and no clashes between the headliners. We repeat NO CLASHES!'

'no clashes between the headliners' implies that other acts lower down the bill could clash with each other, so maybe these stages aren't going to be as close to each other as we were expecting and that MSW can just act as the R1 tent with acts playing when other acts are playing the main stage

16 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

also just noticed this on the article that was posted on the website when the line-up was announced

'Yeah that’s right, 2 main stages, 6 headliners and no clashes between the headliners. We repeat NO CLASHES!'

'no clashes between the headliners' implies that other acts lower down the bill could clash with each other, so maybe these stages aren't going to be as close to each other as we were expecting and that MSW can just act as the R1 tent with acts playing when other acts are playing the main stage

Could be true - and then maybe 8/9 bands per main stage 

2 minutes ago, Dukey said:

yeh not confident that there'll be an R1 stage now, they can just have all the acts that they would of had on that stage and throw them onto the new main stage.. consider our R1 headliners Catfish, Disclosure and Queens but instead of playing when the headliners are on it'll be just before

21 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

4 minutes ago, Dukey said:

That would sort out the problem of losing a load of acts then. While it'll be a shame to lose the atmosphere of the R1, my main concern was the number of slots lost.

This brings a new factor into the placement of the stages though; can't have the two stages too close together if they'll have acts on simultaneously.

Edit: The wording of that article is too specific for me to overlook it. I don't have hope for the R1 anymore

Edited by Quorn

17 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Think they've said no main stage clashes since then, feel like the crowds will be very small for some acts if they do clash. will seem even smaller being outdoors rather than a tent

6 minutes ago, Quorn said:

That would sort out the problem of losing a load of acts then. While it'll be a shame to lose the atmosphere of the R1, my main concern was the number of slots lost.

This brings a new factor into the placement of the stages though; can't have the two stages too close together if they'll have acts on simultaneously.

Edit: The wording of that article is too specific for me to overlook it. I don't have hope for the R1 anymore

imagine the other stage could be positioned where the R1 was? would work at both sites i imagine.. the previous R1 backstage area could now be used as the backstage area for the main stage and it should be far enough away from the other main stage to prevent noise bleed.. not sure about the smaller stages though

32 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

They’ve since come out saying no main stage clashes, they’re alternating 

Makes no sense, the whole idea is no time between acts on the MS. 

Edited by Gerard the Fab