2021 Lineup

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thought that Leeds notification was going to be the lineup on X day announcement. Nope, advertising the ADTR new album this Friday. 

If we’re thinking that Pale Waves and YMA6 are playing due to the promo, surely ADTR are a shout as well now too

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If we’re thinking that Pale Waves and YMA6 are playing due to the promo, surely ADTR are a shout as well now too

They tend to promote acts from the last fest too though which at this point is still 2019. Probably not worth reading into

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

They tend to promote acts from the last fest too though which at this point is still 2019. Probably not worth reading into

This, I feel like there's been quite a bit of reading into the other promos too, but does it actually have much significance? Could Pale Waves and YMA6 also just be getting promo from 2019?

6 minutes ago, Quorn said:

This, I feel like there's been quite a bit of reading into the other promos too, but does it actually have much significance? Could Pale Waves and YMA6 also just be getting promo from 2019?

Yh this was my second inkling, YMA6 ain’t necessarily playing, neither are Pale Waves but they’re quite likely imo

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think they will be too big for it. I reckon it'll be a one off day again linked.

I would have thought that they were too big before the batch of singles and this upcoming album. I think we’ve seen the commercial and creative peak of ADTR. Slam Dunk will be perfect for them, unless they get booked to sub Download again. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I would have thought that they were too big before the batch of singles and this upcoming album. I think we’ve seen the commercial and creative peak of ADTR. Slam Dunk will be perfect for them, unless they get booked to sub Download again. 

Oh they aren't going anywhere don't get me wrong. But their last tour was that's been cancelled is still bigger than SD. Download more than likely would get offered a sub slot again because that's what they do.

But commercially yes their peak is done.

1 minute ago, Dave-Bboard said:

That would be great, just a guess or any evidence behind it?

Seen a joke on twitter about the Vaccines should play a festival as it should be good PR or something. But I do think there playing be good if they did do their debut album in full as its 10 years old this year. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Seen a joke on twitter about the Vaccines should play a festival as it should be good PR or something. But I do think there playing be good if they did do their debut album in full as its 10 years old this year. 

I adore that album. It’s always one of my summer albums every year. I’d be all over that. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

tune. would like to see Charli bring out Matty & Rome at 3pm in the sunlight on main stage. 

This song is so chaotic bloody hell. It just doesn’t stop it’s so sugary. Sounds like a Charli XCX song featuring No Rome and can barely hear The 1975. I’ll probs end up seeing her at the festival but this isn’t my kind of thing sadly.

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

This song is so chaotic bloody hell. It just doesn’t stop it’s so sugary. Sounds like a Charli XCX song featuring No Rome and can barely hear The 1975. I’ll probs end up seeing her at the festival but this isn’t my kind of thing sadly.

Matty is in it a bit and I think George (from the 1975) produced it 🙂

Hear me out, the 1975 are planning on realising music in the next months as their old band (drive like I do), no rome played FR last time he was here but early so could be higher, and Charli is obvs already announced. Drive like I do secret set at reading 2021? 

8 minutes ago, K2001 said:

Hear me out, the 1975 are planning on realising music in the next months as their old band (drive like I do), no rome played FR last time he was here but early so could be higher, and Charli is obvs already announced. Drive like I do secret set at reading 2021? 

Considering The 1975 cancelled literally all their 2021 shows in Jan, citing safety concerns, I just cannot see them being in any way active this years.

Maybe in the tail end of the year if things have drastically improved by then, but otherwise would be surprised to see them anyway. 

1 minute ago, thatTFBguy said:

Considering The 1975 cancelled literally all their 2021 shows in Jan, citing safety concerns, I just cannot see them being in any way active this years.

Maybe in the tail end of the year if things have drastically improved by then, but otherwise would be surprised to see them anyway. 

I think Matt Healy said similar about doing small stuff if it was safe. I assume cancelling tours was largely a financial decision when it came reorganising constantly and having to mobilise their whole team. I can see a secret set at a festival being feasible because they probably wouldn’t need all their usual touring staff and production if it was just the four main guys on stage.