2021 Lineup

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

There is no pattern. Announced all 3 at once for 2020.

still convinced AJ Tracey vs Stormzy is gonna happen, seems like an odd clash

The migjt have AJ finish beforehand, or just overlap slightly. They don’t have to clash completely.

5 minutes ago, Dukey said:

AJ clash with Catfish and a dance closer to clash with Stormzy? 

Yeah I agree with this one this makes sense

Bicep vs Stormzy and AJ vs Catfish

then the other two nights Fender vs Post and Charli vs LG make sense

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Huh it was a 2019 thing just it seems, I could’ve sworn they did similar before.

That does sound a weird clash to be fair. Second on main under Catfish like the poster makes sense. Who do you think would be R1 headliner then? 

Or AJ Tracey is MS sub and the Libs go against Stormzy

@NoBuseshad some Info regarding them and Declan McKenna playing. McKenna looks likely so no reason to think Libs won’t 

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Not been keeping up at all, but why does everyone seem to think The Libertines will be there?

Also, has there been any news on the R1 Stage actually being a thing anymore? Can't really see it myself.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye but hasn't he posted a few times that he's not certain about The Libertines? McKenna is likely regardless, I'd imagine.

Aye I’m not as confident with that one but it’d be a great gig if true. Who knows, we believe everything on this forum till it’s debunked 

16 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye but hasn't he posted a few times that he's not certain about The Libertines? McKenna is likely regardless, I'd imagine.

Yeah, I'm not 'In the know' or anything but been told Libertines and Declan McKenna are playing by someone that would know these things and has told me stuff in the past about other festivals. Could be untrue but I believe it 

Edited by NoBuses

4 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Doesn't bode well for the R1, unless they've changed their minds

SmartSelect_20210303-235906_Sync.jpg

I saw this today as well. To be fair in the same article he says the whole ‘one returning headliner’ thing and this was last August and it’s fair to say plans change. Perhaps I’m just over optimistically hoping for the R1 tent though.

4 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Doesn't bode well for the R1, unless they've changed their minds

SmartSelect_20210303-235906_Sync.jpg

Well done for finding this so looks like they will make the dance stage the stage against the final headliner each night and probably use the smaller stages against the first headliner of the evening.

4 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Well done for finding this so looks like they will make the dance stage the stage against the final headliner each night and probably use the smaller stages against the first headliner of the evening.

This was in August tbf, although I do fear now we won't have any more big names as there is no more slots 

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

Do you not think they will rotate, so whoever closes reading, the other will close leeds?  So all 6 actually headline and close the night at some point. 

Nah I reckon the bigger acts will close the night at both. Stormzy, Post Malone and Liam. I think the other 3 are gloried sub headliners/co-headliners at best. The only one that would make sense to go on after the headliners would be Disclosure because they're a dance act and might want to play in the dark but I think that'll only happen if Post Malone is okay with it.

I think R&L have probably done the 6 headliner thing to get acts like Catfish and Queens, who see themselves as bigger than subs so possibly wouldn't accept a sub slot, to play the festival as acts like those should be a sub in the mind of R&L organisers but the bands are not accepting a sub slot when it's being offered so it's giving the festival more scope for acts.